Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

IKNWC but there are some fabulous live streams of Mt Etna and Bob (the unpronounceable Icelandic Volcano) on Youtube.  Etna is really giving a fabulous pyrotechnic display at the moment but Bob is doing his/her best to outshine Mt E.

5 hours ago, simmo said:

Just got back from taking my ol' dad to guy's for His final blood transfusion. Been told he could just have weeks now. 😥

Meeting the hospice people tomorrow to make a "plan" or "pathway" or something. I think he's ready to go. I just hope is peaceful.

Sorry to hear this, end of life care is much more peaceful and dignified these days 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, simmo said:

Just got back from taking my ol' dad to guy's for His final blood transfusion. Been told he could just have weeks now. 😥

Meeting the hospice people tomorrow to make a "plan" or "pathway" or something. I think he's ready to go. I just hope is peaceful.

Sorry to here this.  The hospice staff are wonderful people and no doubt will look after your dad. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, simmo said:

So sorry to hear that Simmo, hard times when our olds get really old and ..... All the best to you and yours

• Like 3

8 hours ago, simmo said:

Sorry to hear this Simmo, hospices have such a good reputation for the care they give their patients. My SIL died last week, and my brother couldn’t praise the hospice highly enough for the love and care they gave her, it helped everyone to cope at such a sad time. x M

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simmo said:

I'm pretty sure you can visit in a hospice now, although they may control the numbers.

I know it's not much, but at least it's something.

Take care simmo.

• Like 2

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Physio signed me off at Calvary Hospital this morning.  It seems there is light at the end of the tunnel, after two years of mental turmoil.  I’m a pretty happy camper tonight!

• Like 7

20 hours ago, simmo said:

Very sorry to hear that Simmo.  I hope everything goes as well as it possibly can under the circumstances.

• Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

On 23/03/2021 at 00:31, newjez said:

I had a lazy ten days after the vaccine. Just couldn't be bothered getting off the sofa. Most unlike me.

My wife felt tired but she was working extra shifts so she put it down to that? They have a new computer system at work and she volunteered for all the data entry. She's now the resident "expert". 😁

On 01/04/2021 at 06:42, simmo said:

Sorry to hear Simmo. You have been a good son looking after your Dad.

• Like 3

I want it all, and I want it now.

On 31/03/2021 at 11:42, simmo said:

Sorry to hear this Simmo, palliative care staff are excellent and will try their best to keep your dad restful/pain free.

• Like 3

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 01/04/2021 at 06:42, simmo said:

So sorry about your Dad Simmo.  An anxious time for you.

xx

• Like 1

I have a hedgehog living in my garden.

I did wonder as there was evidence of something largish moving around at night.

I put a bowl of water out.

I don't feed them. That's what the slugs and snails are for.

• Like 1

Finally at the footie with daughter on a perfect evening.  It’s a few months shy of 50 years since the last game I attended.  Talk about surreal...

On 30/03/2021 at 08:12, simmo said:

Spoke too soon.  Last night was like having covid. Just the headache bit.  It was like someone was shaking a box of dry cat food inside my head. 

Soaked in sweat (just changed the sheets yesterday too)

I was the same after my second one.  Had really sore head and felt sick. I’ve been getting regular sore heads since then but could just be a coincidence. 

im really sorry to hear about your dad. The nurses will take great care of him. I had to do palliative care recently in my job and the nurses that came were really good. They’ll have a lot of time for him in the hospice. Thinking of you and your family 

• Like 2

Stufftif...But my nextie called me to take a photo of a sacred kingfisher that knocked itself out, flying into his french window.

0199CBA4-5AC3-4C99-9CCB-A7B2C1520269.thumb.jpeg.c9593b66a7664e7f651cc5a5d8d2f5dd.jpeg

1A9B5CF8-19EA-448E-BDCB-45328C7F21DE.thumb.jpeg.f4e23f91c4596ddc4f559de2c17960df.jpeg

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, Bobj said:

Stufftif...But my nextie called me to take a photo of a sacred kingfisher that knocked itself out, flying into his french window.

0199CBA4-5AC3-4C99-9CCB-A7B2C1520269.thumb.jpeg.c9593b66a7664e7f651cc5a5d8d2f5dd.jpeg

1A9B5CF8-19EA-448E-BDCB-45328C7F21DE.thumb.jpeg.f4e23f91c4596ddc4f559de2c17960df.jpeg

Cheers, Bobj.

Pretty bird. Hope he's ok.

Don't the windows have stencils on them to discourage birds flying into them?

On 31/03/2021 at 20:42, simmo said:

Really sorry to hear this simmo. Thinking of him and you all. I hope it is as peaceful and painless as possible. Hugs to you

• Like 1

Been fortunate enough to have had both vaccines now. Painful arm both times but otherwise ok. Going to need it. As of next week ill be on the ICU for 3 months. Last placement before I finish! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BritChickx said:

Been fortunate enough to have had both vaccines now. Painful arm both times but otherwise ok. Going to need it. As of next week ill be on the ICU for 3 months. Last placement before I finish! 

Almost there, you’ve done so well xM

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

I have a bunion on my lower right big toe at the joint.

Not fun.

Surgery?

23 hours ago, newjez said:

Pretty bird. Hope he's ok.

Don't the windows have stencils on them to discourage birds flying into them?

@newjez, My nextie’s french windows have a heavy curtain that acts like a mirror and, apparently, our little kingfisher saw its reflection and claimed it as a rival to its territory...

Cheers, Bobj.

54 minutes ago, Bobj said:

@newjez, My nextie’s french windows have a heavy curtain that acts like a mirror and, apparently, our little kingfisher saw its reflection and claimed it as a rival to its territory...

Cheers, Bobj.

We had the imprint of an owl on our bedroom window in the UK. The imprint was as clear as anything. Never saw the owl.

• Like 1