Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, BritChickx said:

Iknowcb.... got about 4 and  1/2 months left until I finish my degree! Have managed to pass all my assignments so far. Waiting to find out where I am for my final (management) placement that's due to start in April. Getting a bit nervous now about finishing as I'm not ready in the slightest! But it's also exciting 😄 

You have done so well, only a short while to go, you will be fine. xM

• Thanks 1

Posting from Calvary Hospital.  Came in for a pie-crusting to hopefully increase bend some six months after replacing knee.  Woke up and no bandages, they’d done an MUA that they told me couldn’t be done as 3 months is the cut-off time wise.  I’m pretty happy I can tell you!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Well done. Its an exciting time alright. Are you on campus or are you a "distance" student?  

Mostly been online learning for the past year except for the odd practical lesson. 

Hope you are doing well too!

10 hours ago, ramot said:

You have done so well, only a short while to go, you will be fine. xM

Thank you 🙂 I'll let you know  when I get through the last hurdle!

Hope you and yours are doing okay? 

1 hour ago, BritChickx said:

Thank you 🙂 I'll let you know  when I get through the last hurdle!

Hope you and yours are doing okay? 

Please do,

UK family have been struggling like everyone else, but the grandsons are back at school at last, we have got off very lightly here, but still take sensible precautions. xM

• Like 1

Anyone know what has happened to our nicest mod Starlight ?

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Stopped in Bungendore on the way to the horse this morning for a quick breakfast at Harvest Fresh and would you believe there was a breakfast special of Fish Finger Butty!  Home made fish fingers (Flathead) and tartare sauce etc.  Ex military Pom and  his family.  Highly recommended if you visit Bungendore, another booming NSW country town.  Specialty breads available too.. 

How come no one cares about Starlight except me and Simmo ?

You are a heartless lot. Someone drops off the perch and no one cares or says anything.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Parley said:

You are a heartless lot. Someone drops off the perch and no one cares or says anything.

Have a try searching members, I tried but could not find Starlight.

I was wondering about Johndoe, he's not posted for a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Melbpom said:

The sad thing is you or i stop posting and no one notices or cares.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Melbpom said:

Perth Bum too.  I hope they are ok.  I am particularly concerned about PB because of his job and the shutdowns.

Posted (edited)

It happens. I’ve noticed Tony from Perth hasn’t been on here for sometime now and Perthbum was absent last year for ages and he still doesn’t post much these days. I’m sure there’s many more if we thought about it. It would be nice if those that decide to leave said a good bye on here so there would be no need to worry/wonder about them.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Parley said:

The sad thing is you or i stop posting and no one notices or cares.

I care parley.

• Thanks 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

The West Australian election results are amazing. It's looks like a blood bath. Are the libs and nationals even going to have enough people to have opposition ministers? Unbelievable!

I don't know if it's because we haven't had a really warm summer - hottest day was 27.5C but we have had NO FLIES around at all.  👍  

16 hours ago, Parley said:

There are a fair few members not posting anymore.  I'm sure they have their reasons   ...............  busy lives, gone on holiday etc but hopefully Starlight will be back soon.  Often wonder how Kev (John Doe) is and also Happy Heart.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

There are a fair few members not posting anymore.  I'm sure they have their reasons   ...............  

Really, the wonder is that so many people ARE still posting.    After all, why do people join?  Most join because they're thinking of migrating to Australia, OR they're thinking of going back to the UK.  Once they've made the move, they can get on with their lives and don't need to come back to these forums.   Some of us stay here because we like to help others through the process, or because we feel we've made friends, or because we don't have a life...but once you have made that move, it's not a priority any more.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Really, the wonder is that so many people ARE still posting.    After all, why do people join?  Most join because they're thinking of migrating to Australia, OR they're thinking of going back to the UK.  Once they've made the move, they can get on with their lives and don't need to come back to these forums.   Some of us stay here because we like to help others through the process, or because we feel we've made friends, or because we don't have a life...but once you have made that move, it's not a priority any more.

I think that option is shared (not by me btw) . I wonder how many think that once members out live their usefulness in terms of migration issues - they should leave the forum?

Am I now surplus to requirements? Should I go?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, newjez said:

The West Australian election results are amazing. It's looks like a blood bath. Are the libs and nationals even going to have enough people to have opposition ministers? Unbelievable!

It's the Coronavirus effect. Utterly impossible to unseat any State premier at the moment and it is all down to personality - a different leader from the same party would probably be ripped to shreds even in WA.

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

There seems to be heaps of new and interesting people here. I think the site is much better without all the political click baiting.

Posted (edited)

Beware the Ides of March

Edited by Parley
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Parley said:

Beware the Ides of March

Interesting. The Ides of March loom large in our family, only for the fact that I would dare not forget a birthday or two.  This weekend just gone, saw my birthday on 12 March, our youngest grandson celebrating his third birthday with us on 14 march and today the wife's birthday 15 March.  So far so good, with no reports of "Ides" thus far. 

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dusty Plains said:

Interesting. The Ides of March loom large in our family, only for the fact that I would dare not forget a birthday or two.  This weekend just gone, saw my birthday on 12 March, our youngest grandson celebrating his third birthday with us on 14 march and today the wife's birthday 15 March.  So far so good, with no reports of "Ides" thus far. 

Haha we are a March birthday family. My husband is the ninth, grandson the 11th, daughter 21st, me 22nd and my dad was the 25th. Even the childminder we had when our daughter was small had a birthday on the 14th. Our daughter used to get quite upset about my mum. It having a present ... silly mum was born in June 😁

• Like 3

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

On 13/03/2021 at 16:35, Tulip1 said:

It happens. I’ve noticed Tony from Perth hasn’t been on here for sometime now and Perthbum was absent last year for ages and he still doesn’t post much these days. I’m sure there’s many more if we thought about it. It would be nice if those that decide to leave said a good bye on here so there would be no need to worry/wonder about them.  

Used to love Pablo's posts. He was  liverpudlian with a great sense of humour. Guess his house never sold😁

I tend to come on post a few things, then might not log in again for a few days or even weeks. 

Might just not bother anymore one day. Wouldn't think of saying goodbye TBH, might change my mind in 6 months.

On 14/03/2021 at 02:04, newjez said:

It wasn't a shock to anyone that lives here. When Mike Nahan quite as Liberal leader the Liberals have been a shambles with 2 absolutely incompetent leaders and a team that didn't know what was going on. 

Mark McGowan is a good leader, seems a good bloke with a sense of humour and a nice family, has a decent team behind him that seem to get on well and he's handled Covid brilliantly.

Labor would do well to pencil him in for leader right now as federally they are struggling.

He seems happy here though and if I was him there would be no way I'd want to move. Canberra is my least favourite City and has nothing of what most people come to Aus for.

The Liberals are blaming it all on Covid but it's going to take them a long time to recover. A decent leader is a must.

You guys in the UK had the same problem with Labour didn't you. Now Kier Starmer is in Labour seem half decent again.