Jump to content
Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, newjez said:

Not a bit. Much prefer it like this.

Of course.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 17:46, simmo said:

Who else misses the banter?

The mindless small talk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 27/02/2021 at 22:19, Ken said:

The term used in Australia is "Postie Bike" but as the term is completely meaningless outside of Australia Moped is the better descriptor.

image.jpeg.55f0dd8d9a8909011989f341c27e04e4.jpeg

 

But this  an Australian Immigration Discussion Thread that is usually associated with .............Australia!.

They are bikes,

Edited by Dusty Plains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

But this  an Australian Immigration Discussion Thread that is usually associated with .............Australia!.

They are bikes,

To misquote the great Mick Dundee "Nah. that's a bike"

Bike.jpg.783f50af6f18317596ed5234b4e01dd1.jpg

  • Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 3 of ring fit adventure. No, it's no a gay porn film but an interactive keep fit game on the Nintendo switch.  Talk about intense! Feeling the burn (but not in the ring)

 

Why do I feel I have just wasted 2 mins of my life typing that out on here?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ken said:

To misquote the great Mick Dundee "Nah. that's a bike"

Bike.jpg.783f50af6f18317596ed5234b4e01dd1.jpg

That is a mighty fine looking bike Ken.

But you won't go very fast without pedals.

  • Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

But this  an Australian Immigration Discussion Thread that is usually associated with .............Australia!.

They are bikes,

I would probably call that a scooter.


Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2021 at 02:29, newjez said:

Doing my guttering this weekend. I should have had it done when I had the roof tiled. The builders have laid the tiles so I can't get to the gutter supports to lower them or raise them. It doesn't drain properly at the moment. It holds about an inch of water, which I don't think is the end of the world. As long as it's sealed. 

Did builder suggest doing it or just missed , school boy error if not picked up by builder .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a gin and bitter lemon in the most southerly pub in Australia.  The small town of Southport, Tassie.

 

southport.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, newjez said:

That is a mighty fine looking bike Ken.

But you won't go very fast without pedals.

What! You have to pedal? Who's going to do that? No wonder Lance Armstrong took drugs.

  • Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toots said:

Had a gin and bitter lemon in the most southerly pub in Australia.  The small town of Southport, Tassie.

 

southport.jpg

Australia never did excell in creative naming did it?

  • Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Did builder suggest doing it or just missed , school boy error if not picked up by builder .

.

The roof re tile wasn't planned, but it was obvious it needed doing.  I thought the builders were wary of being seen as "adding to the job". We  did think about the sofits and gutters at the time, but to be honest, they looked in reasonable nick.

I have worked out how to fix it. I can't raise the bit that doesn't drain, but I can lower the downpipe, and the guttering between. Bit of a pain, but the weight of standing water will just make the situation worse if I leave it.

A job for next weekend.

  • Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pepe Le Pew is likely to be cancelled from Looney Tunes cartoons for promoting a rape culture.

 

2021-03-08_17-45-45.jpg

 

Edited by Parley

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Parley said:

Pepe Le Pew is likely to be cancelled from Looney Tunes cartoons for promoting a rape culture.

 

2021-03-08_17-45-45.jpg

Even when I was a kid I thought that was wrong. Something really unnerving about that cartoon.

  • Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, newjez said:

Australia never did excell in creative naming did it?

Probably not but Southport isn't named after the UK Southport.  It's the most southern Australian town - more like a village now - and in times gone it was a very busy port from the 1860’s through to the 1920’s, with numerous wharves providing land access to international shipping that took timber from the region back to Europe.

Edited by Toots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toots said:

Probably not but Southport isn't named after the UK Southport.  It's the most southern Australian city and in times gone it was a very busy port from the 1860’s through to the 1920’s, with numerous wharves providing land access to international shipping that took timber from the region back to Europe.

I think that's exactly what newjez was saying. It's down south, it's a port so they called it Southport. Very creative of them NOT.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken said:

I think that's exactly what newjez was saying. It's down south, it's a port so they called it Southport. Very creative of them NOT.

So many Australian towns are named after British places.  That is also not very creative is it?

Southport (Tassie) and so many of the little towns in that area are far more attractive than regional mainland small towns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, newjez said:

Australia never did excell in creative naming did it?

What's wrong with Woolloomooloo... Dunedoo... Yorkeys Knob ...  Rooty Hill ... Humpybong ... Tittybong...Nowhere Else....and the rest?      You should get out more.  😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Skani said:

What's wrong with Woolloomooloo... Dunedoo... Yorkeys Knob ...  Rooty Hill ... Humpybong ... Tittybong...Nowhere Else....and the rest?      You should get out more.  😉

Always liked Gulargambone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to log on earlier and a message read in very bold print 

403 blocked from this site

Anyone else had this happen?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ramot said:

Tried to log on earlier and a message read in very bold print 

403 blocked from this site

Anyone else had this happen?

 

Yes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the site was down for a few hours.

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iknowcb.... got about 4 and  1/2 months left until I finish my degree! Have managed to pass all my assignments so far. Waiting to find out where I am for my final (management) placement that's due to start in April. Getting a bit nervous now about finishing as I'm not ready in the slightest! But it's also exciting 😄 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

Iknowcb.... got about 4 and  1/2 months left until I finish my degree! Have managed to pass all my assignments so far. Waiting to find out where I am for my final (management) placement that's due to start in April. Getting a bit nervous now about finishing as I'm not ready in the slightest! But it's also exciting 😄 

 

Well done. Its an exciting time alright. Are you on campus or are you a "distance" student?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×