Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

One tiny benefit of the current restrictions in the U.K. is that my 16 year old isn’t spending 2 hours a day, six days a week swimming.  Which means today I got to spend some time with him. 

We were out out the bikes when it was still dark, getting off the cycle path and onto the trails as the sun came up.   Stopped at the cafe on the canal for tea and cake at 8:30, covered in mud and back home with the bikes all cleaned and oiled by 10. 

It’s made my day. 

3666E478-4C37-43C3-BA64-1D887483A113.jpeg

128470E3-4008-47D9-A35B-4CD82CF0AA64.jpeg

75E08DCF-61A4-4706-B8A1-B55AF7FE55E1.jpeg

• Like 9

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

26 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

One tiny benefit of the current restrictions in the U.K. is that my 16 year old isn’t spending 2 hours a day, six days a week swimming.  Which means today I got to spend some time with him. 

We were out out the bikes when it was still dark, getting off the cycle path and onto the trails as the sun came up.   Stopped at the cafe on the canal for tea and cake at 8:30, covered in mud and back home with the bikes all cleaned and oiled by 10. 

It’s made my day. 

3666E478-4C37-43C3-BA64-1D887483A113.jpeg

128470E3-4008-47D9-A35B-4CD82CF0AA64.jpeg

75E08DCF-61A4-4706-B8A1-B55AF7FE55E1.jpeg

Proper cup of tea that.

5 minutes ago, simmo said:

Proper cup of tea that.

It was bostin’, as we say where I came from 

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

Currently 27.5C and a perfect day.  Covfefe under the awning at Amelia Pasticceria Belconnen Market.  Weather is definitely on the up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Congratulations 1

Over done the crunches yesterday after some very spicy prawns the night before. The result: very painful farmer Giles 😳. First time in many years.

Must remember to tuck the tailbone in!

6 hours ago, simmo said:

Over done the crunches yesterday after some very spicy prawns the night before. The result: very painful farmer Giles 😳. First time in many years.

Must remember to tuck the tailbone in!

Oooohhh ...Chilli afterburn, The ring of fire !!😩  

On 12/11/2020 at 09:17, Tulip1 said:

That bit was lost on me too @Toots. Having not read the book I didn’t want to comment in case it was obvious and I looked daft. 

JK Rowling got crucified a few months back when she appeared to support the radical idea that gender is determined by biology not personal choice as such someone with a penis is a man even when they wear a dress and call themselves female. Not really anything to do with anything in the book, more to do with comments she made on twitter and elsewhere about the research she'd done. A lot of people called her homophobic (although transphobic would have been more logical) and even many of the luvvies who worked with her on the movies were critical because they wanted to follow the political correct path rather than studying what she actually said.

• Like 4

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

2 hours ago, Ken said:

JK Rowling got crucified a few months back when she appeared to support the radical idea that gender is determined by biology not personal choice as such someone with a penis is a man even when they wear a dress and call themselves female. Not really anything to do with anything in the book, more to do with comments she made on twitter and elsewhere about the research she'd done. A lot of people called her homophobic (although transphobic would have been more logical) and even many of the luvvies who worked with her on the movies were critical because they wanted to follow the political correct path rather than studying what she actually said.

Our new Perth mayor said something on the radio that has upset the LGBTIQ+ whatever community. Poor sod has had to apologise in one of his first meetings.

I do find they are very easily offended. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Our new Perth mayor said something on the radio that has upset the LGBTIQ+ whatever community. Poor sod has had to apologise in one of his first meetings.

I do find they are very easily offended. 😆

Is that Basil ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

Origin III tonight will be the largest crowd at a sporting event since COVID.  Nearly all Queenslanders due to travel restrictions...

On 11/11/2020 at 16:50, Johndoe said:

Still waiting for results re my bad claudication and breathlessness and listed for heart echocardiogram in a couple of weeks . Had a renal ultrasound this morning but without waiting for the results I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a TURPS procedure as my symptoms are the same as they were when I last had one done 15yrs ago. They did warn me back then that it may need re-doing 10 or more yrs down the track.

Never look at the technicians face when having a heart echo. At one moment in time when she moved the scanner to a another position, her face screwed up sort of like "eeeeeew" IYKWIM. So now I await the results from the cardioligist, and a referral to a urology consultant as the renal ultrasound indicated that my prostate size is enlarged but isn't "critical" but the GP doesn't know why I keep getting UTI's and not emptying my bladder. After drinking 2 litres of water an hour before the ultrasound, and after the initial ultrasound of the full bladder, and to assist the ultrasound of an empty one, I only passed 30ccs!............................Too much info, I know!🤐 The breathlesness is also getting worse with physical activity despite me always being fit.

Edited by Johndoe
  • Sad 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

2 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

Never look at the technicians face when having a heart echo. At one moment in time when she moved the scanner to a another position, her face screwed up sort of like "eeeeeew" IYKWIM. So now I await the results from the cardioligist, and a referral to a urology consultant as the renal ultrasound indicated that my prostate size is enlarged but isn't "critical" but the GP doesn't know why I keep getting UTI's and not emptying my bladder. After drinking 2 litres of water an hour before the ultrasound, and after the initial ultrasound of the full bladder, and to assist the ultrasound of an empty one, I only passed 30ccs!............................Too much info, I know!🤐 The breathlesness is also getting worse with physical activity despite me always being fit.

There is a particular look that someone gives you when they think you are a dead man. It's unmistakable. You don't even need to ask. You get that chill up your back.

I got that when the radiologist first gave me an MRI on my leg. I had a massive tumor that he suspected was a sarcoma.

He tried hard to keep a poker face, but failed. Still, fifteen years later I'm still here.

• Like 2

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

3 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Take care xM

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johndoe said:

All the best to you sir!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Johndoe said:

At least you are getting closer to the answers you are after.  In relation to your cardio tests. I have been through all of that and had breathlessness issues as well . Breathlessness can be caused by several factors, either in isolation or in confluence with each other, none of which we need to discuss here.

My advice would be that firstly, echocardiogram technicians are not cardiologists. What ever you do, do not worry about the echo session, concentrate on the questions you need to ask your cardiologist when you have the follow-up consultation.

Ask, why am I breathless??  The "echo" procedure should identify these issues. An arrhythmic heartbeat for instance can cause significant breathlessness in the fittest of people.   

Above all, don't stress. You will get through this and pop out the other side.          

• Like 3

Bugger the breathlesness! No more pulling the anchor. Sold some camera gear and so I've treated me and the tinny to a digital/GPS anchor. The Watersnake Geo Spot. Press a remote button and it will keep you in the same spot irrespective of wind or current. Steers from the remote too and can memorise your route so that you don't have to steer on the way back. Isn't progress wonderful! 🙂

Will give it a whirl next week when I've waded through the instructions

BP90163827-white.jpg-SPOTWF-productHero.jpg

• Like 5

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Well I have decided it’s about time I was looked after and not the chief cook at Christmas. It’s so lovely that our daughter and husband can now come from Sydney, haven’t seen them since their wedding last December, and son + wife will be here with us as well, can’t wait, but I do get more tired these days and then a bit grumpy. I mentioned this to our son first, he said let’s just do cold meats etc, on Christmas Day, my daughter plus us like the full turkey roast and all the trimmings. Solution I have asked daughter + husband to cook on Christmas Day and son + wife to organise cold food for Boxing Day, while I put my feet up. All happy with  this plan, I just have to make sure I actually stick to this and hand Christmas over to them!! not because they aren’t totally capable and willing to do it, but because I have really loved doing it with help of course for nearly 50 years, so it’s just a bit hard to be realistic and sensible, even though it’s the right thing to do. Mind you I am still probably doing lots of the shopping.

• Like 3

Decide to head to Jugiong for breakfast, 115k down the Highway.  Covfefe at Sir George, food at Long Track Pantry, and local jam and chutney from the Jam Factory.  Finishing up with the superlative covfefe in the courtyard from Thyme To Taste, and gourmet items from the Emporium, both in Yass.  It’s hard to come to grips with how small towns in NSW have changed in recent times.  

• Like 1

Why does CTF not get updated for 1 or 12 hours at a time sometimes.

Like everyone is dead.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about John Lennon who was murdered 40 years ago today.

• Like 1