Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

23 hours ago, newjez said:

Robert Galbraith is jkr.

Jk Rowling writes strike.

Yes I know that.  I still don't get what that's got to do with "imagining people with penises are female! "

22 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes I know that.  I still don't get what that's got to do with "imagining people with penises are female! "

That bit was lost on me too @Toots. Having not read the book I didn’t want to comment in case it was obvious and I looked daft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tulip1 said:

That bit was lost on me too @Toots. Having not read the book I didn’t want to comment in case it was obvious and I looked daft. 

I've read all five Strike books and I must be daft because whatever it is that's being talked about has gone right over my head     .............................................  as many things do.  😋

• Like 1

I’m not sure how much of 2020 I can take. My mum was at the hospital today to be checked and after an ultrasound and mammogram they said there’s a chance she might have breast cancer. She’ll get her biopsy results next week.  This will be the second tumour of the year if it is, few months ago it was her bladder. I really hope it’s something benign. Either way thank god she went with her instincts and asked the doctor to refer her when she first felt something different 

• Sad 8

11 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

I’m not sure how much of 2020 I can take. My mum was at the hospital today to be checked and after an ultrasound and mammogram they said there’s a chance she might have breast cancer. She’ll get her biopsy results next week.  This will be the second tumour of the year if it is, few months ago it was her bladder. I really hope it’s something benign. Either way thank god she went with her instincts and asked the doctor to refer her when she first felt something different 

Very upsetting I'm sure, hope it's not as bad as you fear

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

Very upsetting I'm sure, hope it's not as bad as you fear

1 hour ago, Toots said:

I've read all five Strike books and I must be daft because whatever it is that's being talked about has gone right over my head     .............................................  as many things do.  😋

I’ll let you know when I hunker down for a week to read it!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

Sending a hug xM

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

Fingers crossed for your Mum's biopsy results Stacy.

xx

• Like 1

Thank you, I’m sure it’ll be okay. It’s just extra stressful when it’s the second time this year.  She’s to get an operation wether it’s benign or not, just want it over x

15 hours ago, Toots said:

You are going to swim to Rottnest?  Blimey.  Watch out for sharks. 

You must be fit!

Luckily my son is a lot better swimmer than me toots. He's done it before and enjoyed it.

We were supposed to do it a few years back, the only year the race got cancelled due to bad weather. We were really dissappointed at the time, mostly because we didn't get any money back.

There's never been a shark attack on a rottnest swim and there's thousands of people made the crossing. A few sightings and people pulled out of the water but I reckon there's more chance being injured on the drive down there.

15 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

I'll give you a bit of insight as to how it could be different. 

My son was having a hard time several months ago. At home he was a real angry pain in the ass, irritable. He didn't particularly want to open up but we did have a few conversations which helped short term. I put it down to being a teenager. 

He told a friend at school how he was feeling. Girl and relationship stuff. Hormonal 14 yr old. The friend told the school chaplain. The chaplain told me, did a DASS (depression scale) and suggested we follow up with GP. Did so. Had 4 or 5 counselling sessions. Was very useful, gave him some excellent strategies for self managing his anxiety/stress (turned out not to be depression) 

He's flying right now. Told me he feels better than he has in a long time. 

I think that's a good example of school and parents working together for wellbeing of the student and the value of good communication all round. 

Our youngest has autism and we got him into a Christian based school near us that had a stream for kids with learning difficulties and other problems. 

We knew he would have struggled and been in trouble at the local government school his brother went to.

Worked well for him. He needed the extra discipline and structure. I don't think he had any dealings with the Chaplain but we got a lot more feedback from his teachers. He had the same form teacher, a lovely hands on lady who loved a cuddle, all the way through his school life. 

Cost a lot more than the eldests school but you have to do what you can.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

That's no good! Hope you get sorted soon. Sounds like you need a procedure of some sort to fix up your kidney. I know nothing about renal problem though I have to say. Are you on blood thinners? 

Yes but only aspirin.

• Like 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Just reading about a nurse in the UK charged with murdering 8 babies and attempting to murder 10 more.

This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. Who can understand why someone would do such a thing ?

• Sad 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

59 minutes ago, Parley said:

Just reading about a nurse in the UK charged with murdering 8 babies and attempting to murder 10 more.

This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. Who can understand why someone would do such a thing ?

Was this the nurse from countess of Chester hospital? 

8 hours ago, Parley said:

What I don't get is how these people get away with it, where is the supervision of these nurses and doctors

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Was this the nurse from countess of Chester hospital? 

Yes. Lucy Letby

4 hours ago, Parley said:

Yes. Lucy Letby

This has been going on for some time (at least 2plus years )

when it first came out it she was hung out to dry by local media. The talk was management looking to blame somebody for their incompetence, constantly short staffed and over worked and many other mitigating factors , her colleagues stood by her I think at the time. 
hopefully truth will come out .

13 hours ago, Parley said:

I saw that.  How can someone do that, it’s just sickening. 

8 hours ago, Rallyman said:

This has been going on for some time (at least 2plus years )

when it first came out it she was hung out to dry by local media. The talk was management looking to blame somebody for their incompetence, constantly short staffed and over worked and many other mitigating factors , her colleagues stood by her I think at the time. 
hopefully truth will come out .

It is such an unthinkable crime. What colleague wants to believe someone they work with would do such a thing. ?

I don't believe management staffing would come into it. The police must have some physical evidence which i expect we will hear about at the trial.

In the similar case of Beverley Allitt she was injecting full adult doses of insulin into tiny babies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Parley said:

It is such an unthinkable crime. What colleague wants to believe someone they work with would do such a thing. ?

I don't believe management staffing would come into it. The police must have some physical evidence which i expect we will hear about at the trial.

In the similar case of Beverley Allitt she was injecting full adult doses of insulin into tiny babies.

I know people who work at this hospital, it’s 15min from where I used to live 

let’s see what comes out and not jump to any conclusions, we don’t have any details as yet .

Thwarted Munchausen's syndrome, she went on to harm others , a lack of understanding of mental illness in the community and a failure by practitioners “could” of contributed , I believe we are all responsible for our actions , but help at the start of this woman’s life may of prevented such an abhorrent crime , just my thoughts . (Beverly Allitt)

Edited by Tink

We have just arrived at Tullah for a 2 day hike.  Hope the weather stays nice.  Beautiful today.

tullah3.jpg

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Toots said:

We have just arrived at Tullah for a 2 day hike.  Hope the weather stays nice.  Beautiful today.

tullah3.jpg

Stunning