Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

I've just finished reading Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (latest in the Strike series)  ...............  nearly 1,000 pages long.  The imagination of the writer is fantastic.  

1 minute ago, Toots said:

I've just finished reading Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (latest in the Strike series)  ...............  nearly 1,000 pages long.  The imagination of the writer is fantastic.  

It is excellent isn’t  it?! 

• Like 1

Just now, Quoll said:

It is excellent isn’t  it?! 

My head was spinning with all the astrological signs and meanings.  😄

7 minutes ago, Toots said:

Don’t say too much I haven’t started it yet, 🙈🙉🙊 thanks

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toots said:

LOL I did a bit of Googling to see if I really was a Taurus!!!

• Haha 1

Sitting in my back yard, glass of NZ Sauv Blanc ..... must be about 25d still at 7pm.  Done the watering. Week end starts here. 

Put away the heaters and heated blankets and bought out the fans. Weather sure does change quickly when Perth decides Spring is truly here. 

• Like 2

Getting used to relative freedom after being locked down since March. Good to see people round the shops in cafes etc looking happy for once.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Sitting in my back yard, glass of NZ Sauv Blanc ..... must be about 25d still at 7pm.  Done the watering. Week end starts here. 

Put away the heaters and heated blankets and bought out the fans. Weather sure does change quickly when Perth decides Spring is truly here. 

"Back yard"

You are dead to me!

😉

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, simmo said:

"Back yard"

You are dead to me!

😉

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🙈

What can I say?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

No slow move into summer here is there!!!

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

We had Spring then La Niña hit.  At least the dams are nearly full

• Like 1

We went on a drive out to the Meander Valley yesterday.  Took the chance to buy some of their products.  Lots of dairy farms.

dairy cows.JPG

ceme fraiche.jpg

double cream.jpg

• Like 4

Just did our first 'containers for change' 

Went to the drive thru at Good Sammy's. 

Surprisingly quick and easy and $18.70 deposited into my bank account! 

Given it to my son as 'his job' and he gets to keep the first $20. Paid for his new PC monitor he picked up in Good Sammy's. Win win. 

Today we saw an echidna wandering at the side of the road a couple of kms from here.  Haven't seen one round here in years. It was a funny one with a few light coloured quills across its back but it was walking quickly and looked quite healthy. Birthday pressie for husband or a halloween beastie??

• Like 1

Anyone having a bet on the Melbourne Cup ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, Parley said:

Anyone having a bet on the Melbourne Cup ?

Not me. I will be donating a few dollars to these guys instead. They are local to me and rescue horses including unwanted race horses. https://save-a-horse-australia.giveeasy.org/save-a-horse-giving-day-2020?fbclid=IwAR0f59AilMX9jqRRFkwMbuuWgH-T7LezfAery9yVuWa_4Su57ETRTO-H9NY

Cal x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

3 hours ago, calNgary said:

Not me. I will be donating a few dollars to these guys instead. They are local to me and rescue horses including unwanted race horses. https://save-a-horse-australia.giveeasy.org/save-a-horse-giving-day-2020?fbclid=IwAR0f59AilMX9jqRRFkwMbuuWgH-T7LezfAery9yVuWa_4Su57ETRTO-H9NY

Cal x

As always the voice of reason on this forum .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Totally random thought but I remember years ago @Parley said he thought I’m dyslexic.   Turns out I most likely am! My college screened me and The result was moderate level.   They won’t give me a proper diagnosis until I go onto HNC level next year, needs to be an education psychologist I think.  Bit annoying 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

IKNOWC but .... My daughter whose only been teaching two and a half years (and has worked really hard), is going to teach ATAR History next year.  She's absolutely thrilled, it's a wonderful experience seeing your children tick off their goals .. this was one she didn't anticipate getting quite so soon.

• Like 5
  • Congratulations 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

The kids just got back from school and told me that a kid in my youngest's year jumped off of a 3rd floor balcony in a suspected suicide attempt.   I'm selfishly concerned about my son as he saw the incident but what an absolute tragedy when a 15 year old boy is in such a bad place that he would consider taking his own life.  My other son tells me that another member of this family tried the same last year... so sad for these kids.

Puts things into perspective.

• Sad 7

how awful - I am at a loss for words.  I hope there is the right help available and that something can be done to help with whatever challenges these kids are going through

• Thanks 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

1 hour ago, simmo said:

The kids just got back from school and told me that a kid in my youngest's year jumped off of a 3rd floor balcony in a suspected suicide attempt.   I'm selfishly concerned about my son as he saw the incident but what an absolute tragedy when a 15 year old boy is in such a bad place that he would consider taking his own life.  My other son tells me that another member of this family tried the same last year... so sad for these kids.

A few years ago my wife saw someone jump off a bridge on the M25 a few cars in front of her. She's still not comfortable driving on motorways because of it.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

8 hours ago, simmo said:

That's just awful Simmo.  Hope your lad is coping.  What a terrible thing to happen in front of your eyes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simmo said:

That’s so sad Simmo, the poor boys family. I hope your son is coping and gets help if he needs it. xM

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simmo said:

Too common here and there unfortunately. Not sure what the cause or answer is....

Good opportunity to have a chat about MH and expressing your feelings with your boys? You probably already do that... It's good to talk. Sometimes they don't want a bar of it but knowing you're there and will just listen is so important.

Hope the young man gets the help and support he needs. Just tragic. 

• Like 1