Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Happy Yom Kippur to any Jewish members 

I've just bought half a dozen Modi apples.  They are the best!  They're crunchy and juicy.  My favourites used to be Pink Lady but I'll be sticking to Modi apples from now on.  👍

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Toots said:

I've just bought half a dozen Modi apples.  They are the best!  They're crunchy and juicy.  My favourites used to be Pink Lady but I'll be sticking to Modi apples from now on.  👍

I didn't like them for some reason...

Getting to grips with a new low carb diet which I've never done before. Very cynical about the health effects. How can you eat all that fat and lose weight? It's working though, broke my plateau after only 3 or 4 days and I'm eating well just differently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

I didn't like them for some reason...

I only like very crunchy apples so they are the best one for me.  I wonder what you don't like about them.  I really don't like golden and red delicious.  Bit too soft and a funny flavour.  Hey, we are all different. 😀

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toots said:

I only like very crunchy apples so they are the best one for me.  I wonder what you don't like about them.  I really don't like golden and red delicious.  Bit too soft and a funny flavour.  Hey, we are all different. 😀

I think I found them too firm and tart if that makes sense. I like royal gala best 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Getting to grips with a new low carb diet which I've never done before. Very cynical about the health effects. How can you eat all that fat and lose weight? It's working though, broke my plateau after only 3 or 4 days and I'm eating well just differently. 

It should be a moderate amount of healthy fats, not high fat. I struggle to cut out bread and biscuits even though I know it works ☹️

2 minutes ago, Drumbeat said:

It should be a moderate amount of healthy fats, not high fat. I struggle to cut out bread and biscuits even though I know it works ☹️

I wonder what moderate is? I'm so entrenched in low fat eating that 1tbsp olive oil seems excessive.im rating a lot of avo/feta/olive oil.....some butter and pork crackle. Yum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

I wonder what moderate is? I'm so entrenched in low fat eating that 1tbsp olive oil seems excessive.im rating a lot of avo/feta/olive oil.....some butter and pork crackle. Yum. 

If you are overweight it will be due to the amount of food you are eating regardless of type.

Eat less.

I want it all, and I want it now.

The best diet is the 5:2 diet but it takes willpower.

I want it all, and I want it now.

My results are in: The UTI is back 3 days after being cleared so more antibiotics. Severe renal stenosis and similar in left leg. Impaired Kidney function. Referred back to vascular surgeon and also referral to Renal Consultant at my local hospital. Still have no idea how I ended up with a fracture in my pelvis!  😧

• Sad 6

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

37 minutes ago, Parley said:

If you are overweight it will be due to the amount of food you are eating regardless of type.

Eat less.

I'm not but thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

I'm not that bothered about bread (unless its garlic bread) or biscuits. I eat a lot of rice, potato and oats so that's changed. I also eat very little meat and normally load up on pulses which can be difficult on low carb. 

36 minutes ago, Parley said:

The best diet is the 5:2 diet but it takes willpower.

I use a version of 5:2 and find it takes little will power.

I just don't eat until I feel hungry. That may mean I have breakfast, or it may mean the evening meal is my first meal.

Depends on how hungry I feel and how busy I am.

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, Johndoe said:

My results are in: The UTI is back 3 days after being cleared so more antibiotics. Severe renal stenosis and similar in left leg. Impaired Kidney function. Referred back to vascular surgeon and also referral to Renal Consultant at my local hospital. Still have no idea how I ended up with a fracture in my pelvis!  😧

Are you diabetic Kev? Glad you've got some answers if not complete peace of mind. 

• Haha 1

On 27/09/2020 at 20:26, Dom Churchill said:

I know right. 8 years in the making. 

I am a carpenter, but I work in the Trade Dept in Bunnings.

I was just going to say are you handy with your tools, but that would sound wrong. A quick question though, when building something outside is wood ok to use or is it best to use galvanised steel.

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 28/09/2020 at 13:00, Drumbeat said:

Carbs were always my addiction. I had to have bread or potatoes or rice with every meal. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 28/09/2020 at 15:42, Johndoe said:

Sorry to hear that Kev. I think the more you go to hospital the more they find wrong with you. I hate the place with a vengeance. I’m 9 weeks overdue my treatment but I’m so over it. Plus I’ve got other things on my mind at the moment and other people to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 28/09/2020 at 10:51, HappyHeart said:

Which one are you doing? 
‘I need to try and find an exercise program to help me lose weight from high dose steroids which I need to take permanently now. It’s hard being in the wheelchair. I can’t go in a swimming pool because of all my tubes otherwise I’d try Aqua aerobics. Once my ankle is fixed I think I may look at a recumbent exercise bike. That way if I fall I don’t have far to go. 

I'm watching the Trump - Biden debate.  They are both trying to speak at the same time.  It'll keep me amused until I get bored with it.  🤓

5 hours ago, Toots said:

I'm watching the Trump - Biden debate.  They are both trying to speak at the same time.  It'll keep me amused until I get bored with it.  🤓

They need mute buttons.

I'm having my flu jab today.

19 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Which one are you doing? 
‘I need to try and find an exercise program to help me lose weight from high dose steroids which I need to take permanently now. It’s hard being in the wheelchair. I can’t go in a swimming pool because of all my tubes otherwise I’d try Aqua aerobics. Once my ankle is fixed I think I may look at a recumbent exercise bike. That way if I fall I don’t have far to go. 

I'm just doing my own low carb, moderate fat diet. Only have a few kgs to.lose that crept on after my last big weight loss a few years ago. That makes it harder to shift when you're already in healthy weight range. Using an app called carb managed. Not keto. That's too hard for me and unsustainable. I think weight loss is 90% what you eat and 10% exercise. You being restricted wont help matters though. 

Hope you're ok. We lost touch there didn't we 🤗

• Like 2

Home from hospital after 7 days.  Far more pain than first knee and a blood pressure issue.   

• Sad 6

11 hours ago, Bulya said:

Home from hospital after 7 days.  Far more pain than first knee and a blood pressure issue.   

Hopefully you have been provided with medication for those issues. When does the rehab start?