Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

5 hours ago, Toots said:

Missed those 2 adverts.  Never seen them.  What a shame.  😋

The TV adverts here are for sheep/cattle feed/drench or for huge water storage tanks and tractors.  Nothing as exciting as yours. 😏

It wouldn't be so bad if all the men wearing the underpants were nice-looking, but they're all fat.  The point is that they have special "anti-chafing" inserts so they're targeting them at overweight men.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

It wouldn't be so bad if all the men wearing the underpants were nice-looking, but they're all fat.  The point is that they have special "anti-chafing" inserts so they're targeting them at overweight men.

My thoughts exactly.

Toots, since you've missed out on these ads here's a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc4vww1l5fE

• Haha 1

I'm sure there is something for fat women too/

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Melbpom said:

My thoughts exactly.

Toots, since you've missed out on these ads here's a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc4vww1l5fE

Thanks for that.  👍

Anti-chafing   ..................  interesting and I see what you mean about chubby men.

• Like 1

Been to the hairdressers on a whim...as tryibg to stretch it out and hate going...felt  blaaa when I walked in and like a new woman when I walked out. Amazing the difference a freshen up makes. They did this technique I've  never heard of that allows you to get more time between your foils. No way will I get it like this myself though. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Toots said:

I've been watching 'Hillary' on SBS.  It's a documentary about Hillary Clinton and I thought it was very interesting.  Similar to Donald Trump, there is a dedicated group of people who don’t know them personally but nonetheless hate them.  At the end of the documentary I felt I knew a lot more about Clinton and now have sympathy toward her.  I just need to watch an in depth documentary about Trump which may make me feel more positive about him.  😶

Fahrenheit 11/9 Michael Moore doco streaming on SBS although you likely won't feel better about him and his cronies. The Flint Water tragedy is a bloody disgrace and how that didn't start civil war is a wonder!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

A good friend of mine died yesterday.

He is exactly my age and had a massive heart attack about a week ago and was in ICU. Sadly his brother was not able to see him as he lives in NSW and his wife and 2 children (teenagers) had difficulty seeing him too due to covid.

I don't expect i will be able to go to his funeral.

The irony was he was super fit and was always training for triathlons doing long bike rides and runs. My own feeling is this is a warning for people of my vintage, over 50, to be careful with exercise. I think we try to prove we are invincible and may take on more than our hearts can cope with.

Be careful if you are like this.

Vale Trev.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

57 minutes ago, Parley said:

He is exactly my age and had a massive heart attack about a week ago and was in ICU. Sadly his brother was not able to see him as he lives in NSW and his wife and 2 children (teenagers) had difficulty seeing him too due to covid.

The irony was he was super fit and was always training for triathlons doing long bike rides and runs. My own feeling is this is a warning for people of my vintage, over 50, to be careful with exercise. I think we try to prove we are invincible and may take on more than our hearts can cope with.

Vale Trev.

Poor food choices.  Remember Jim Fixx 

43 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Poor food choices.  Remember Jim Fixx 

I read his book as a young man. 

Diet maybe a factor.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Vale Trev.

Heart defect?

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Yesterday I volunteered for the Covid vaccine trials here. It’s the one that was created in Russia.

Got the first shot yesterday at 5:30pm, and I’m feeling pretty good with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши 🤣
Edited by Johndoe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Congratulations 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

On 24/09/2020 at 10:04, Marisawright said:

It's all for the same make of men's underpants too.  I can't see how they can possibly make enough profit to pay for all those ads.  They must be scary expensive pants.

TV adverts are a lot cheaper than they used to be. A 30 second slot on channel 9 can cost as little as $100 (although prime time slots can still be $25,000).

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Happy Saturday everyone! How is everyone doing?

Been a bit of a busy few weeks since my last post. I got home to see my grandad and the rest of the family, and celebrate his birthday so that was lovely. I've booked for us to go to Edinburgh with him and my nan in December, so I'm crossing my fingers that that will go ahead! Of course it was booked 2 weeks ago and now everything is up in the air, so we will see. 

I've started year 3 now and don't I bloody know it! Only started last week, and we already have work coming out of ears. First up, a group presentation next week! 

I also found out my first placement for third year will be in a minor injuries unit, so that should be cool 😄 

Nearly time for a drink 😛 

Edited by BritChickx
  • Like 4
  • Congratulations 3

It was our 50th wedding anniversary 💛🍾, yesterday, sadly a bit low key because of Covid border restrIctions, But still enjoyed our day, as staying the weekend with our son, who has really spoilt us, had long chats on face time with other 2, not the same but made the best of it, and were joined by friends and had a long lunch out. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 7

On 25/09/2020 at 09:46, Parley said:

I read his book as a young man. 

Diet maybe a factor.

It is a huge factor.  Everything he ate was fried 

9 minutes ago, ramot said:

It was our 50th wedding anniversary 💛🍾, yesterday, sadly a bit low key because of Covid border restrIctions, But still enjoyed our day, as staying the weekend with our son, who has really spoilt us, had long chats on face time with other 2, not the same but made the best of it, and were joined by friends and had a long lunch out. 

golden 50.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tried to upload this photo with my post, but iPhone wasn’t behaving! couldn’t possibly be user error could it?? 🤣

4CA12A53-41B7-491A-A4FB-246C9C0E7F7E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

On 24/09/2020 at 23:04, Parley said:

Vale Trev.

I agree re over doing it. I have two family members that suffered heart attacks in their 40’s/50’s/60s. Both very fit men who exercised a lot and would be the last people you’d expect to have heart attacks. The doctors said of both of them that you can push your body too hard.  One who’s had two attacks is thankfully still with us today, the other not so lucky. 

Sorry about your friend. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 00:13, The Pom Queen said:

Lovely to see you back @Dom Churchill   Missed you. ❤️

Hey Queenie x 

How are you doing?

• Like 1

No one can tell you exactly what you have gotta be

You've got to stand your ground and fight to save your life

It may be hard but ooh ooh it's the only way

Always remembering there ain't no second prize

There ain't no second prize

On 21/09/2020 at 00:15, The Pom Queen said:

At long last 🥳🥳 It’s been a long journey but I’m glad you are getting there. Are you still a carpenter? 

I know right. 8 years in the making. 

I am a carpenter, but I work in the Trade Dept in Bunnings.

• Like 1

Sitting outside by the firepit and didn't spray myself. First damn mozzie bite of the season. Should have known better....get complacent in Winter. They bloody love my pommy blood. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Happy Saturday everyone! How is everyone doing?

Been a bit of a busy few weeks since my last post. I got home to see my grandad and the rest of the family, and celebrate his birthday so that was lovely. I've booked for us to go to Edinburgh with him and my nan in December, so I'm crossing my fingers that that will go ahead! Of course it was booked 2 weeks ago and now everything is up in the air, so we will see. 

I've started year 3 now and don't I bloody know it! Only started last week, and we already have work coming out of ears. First up, a group presentation next week! 

I also found out my first placement for third year will be in a minor injuries unit, so that should be cool 😄 

Nearly time for a drink 😛 

Cool beans Chickadee. 

How everything goes awesomely for you. X 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ramot said:

Congrats Buddy......WHOOP WHOOP

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Sitting outside by the firepit and didn't spray myself. First damn mozzie bite of the season. Should have known better....get complacent in Winter. They bloody love my pommy blood. 

I know that feeling Happiness...... and I thought it was my sweet gingerness......

5 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

They nearly are my wife last time we were there. They never touch me though. Don't like my blood.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!