Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

On 16/09/2020 at 16:39, Rossmoyne said:

IKNOWCB....................I really am not a happy Rossmoyne at the moment.

Since all this China Virus stuff started, I live in WA and I have followed all the rules and stayed at home and hardly gone out apart from walking my woofer.  On the rare occasions when I have had to go shopping I have used so much hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes etc that I must have shares in Dettol by now!   I have been shopping once every 3 or 4 weeks, avoiding all the big shops and just going to the local greengrocers, butchers and IGA in a round swoop, and I am out the house less than an hour.   4 weeks ago I did my usual quick shop, taking all my usual precautions, and was out the house 45 minutes.   Woke up the next day with a cold that developed into probably the worst one I have ever had, which then caused infected sinuses and Bronchitis and the worst dizzy woozy head!   Just about to start my 3rd dose of antibiotics and only just beginning to feel that life is worth living after all!   GP says she is seeing so much of this instead of flu this year.....  and I am over it!!!!

Hope you feel betterer soon Rossy.

I would insist on getting tested, because you just never know and it's better to be safe than dirty. 

• Like 1

No one can tell you exactly what you have gotta be

You've got to stand your ground and fight to save your life

It may be hard but ooh ooh it's the only way

Always remembering there ain't no second prize

There ain't no second prize

On 18/09/2020 at 13:19, HappyHeart said:

Took.my elderly hound to vets today for a check up. She's losing weight despite extra meals and wanting to.go out in the middle of the night for toilet trips. All her bloods are ok but vet thinks it's age related changes and start of doggy dementia. Poor old girl. 😥 She was super stressed too. Think it's home visiting vet from.now on.....

Don't you have greyhounds Happyness?

I do hope your pooch is OK x

1 hour ago, Quokka2005 said:

Feeling sorry for myself. Had to have a tooth removed on Thursday and I’m still in pain, I hope it settles soon. Painkillers don’t seem to be touching it for long 

No hot toddie?? Surely that'll help x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dom Churchill said:

I’m at work for 24 hours but I’ll maybe try alcohol tomorrow if the dentist don’t give me anything to help lol 

• Like 2

Came up on my Facebook memories that I got my flat keys a year ago. It’s went in so quickly. I really don’t miss having to share with flatmates! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

Feeling sorry for myself. Had to have a tooth removed on Thursday and I’m still in pain, I hope it settles soon. Painkillers don’t seem to be touching it for long 

Sorry to hear that hun. Hope they help ease the pain. Thankfully I haven’t had tooth ache, touch wood.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

2 hours ago, Dom Churchill said:

Lovely to see you back @Dom Churchill   Missed you. ❤️

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 14/09/2020 at 19:28, Dom Churchill said:

Awesome mate. 

Yeah I got PR last year too.

So how many years after gaining PR can you get citizenship?

At long last 🥳🥳 It’s been a long journey but I’m glad you are getting there. Are you still a carpenter? 

3 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

I’m at work for 24 hours but I’ll maybe try alcohol tomorrow if the dentist don’t give me anything to help lol 

I haven’t been keeping up with all the posts, but where are you working now @Quokka2005

4 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I haven’t been keeping up with all the posts, but where are you working now @Quokka2005

I still work as a support worker but for a different company than the one I worked for before/after Australia.  I live in Glasgow 

Apparently there's blight in the village. Time to harvest the tomatoes. I still have six plants in the conservatory, so hopefully they will be safe.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

@HappyHeart    You were right, I had dry socket and a bit of infection.  Got a dressing put in.. which fell out 5 mins later 😂 gave me antibiotics too as a back up but I’ve to wait a day or two to see how it goes before I take them 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quokka2005 said:

@HappyHeart    You were right, I had dry socket and a bit of infection.  Got a dressing put in.. which fell out 5 mins later 😂 gave me antibiotics too as a back up but I’ve to wait a day or two to see how it goes before I take them 

My dressing only lasted a day or so and didnt help the pain either. I put up with it for way too long before going back and getting antibiotics. Don't wait too long, should start feeling better within days? I was in pain for about 1 week all up. Once I took the antibiotics it started to get better. 

• Like 1

I’m not in any pain at the moment. For some reason the painkillers I was taking all weekend didn’t help then today it wasn’t so bad. So between that and the dressing it’s helped but not sure how long that’ll last. I’ll probably just take the antibiotics today or tomorrow just to be on the safe side.   Im due to get my wisdom tooth out at some point and I’m dreading it even more now 

3 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

I’m not in any pain at the moment. For some reason the painkillers I was taking all weekend didn’t help then today it wasn’t so bad. So between that and the dressing it’s helped but not sure how long that’ll last. I’ll probably just take the antibiotics today or tomorrow just to be on the safe side.   Im due to get my wisdom tooth out at some point and I’m dreading it even more now 

I wouldn't take them if it's not painful. Means it's getting better. I also ditched the follow up plan for wisdom tooth removal after my experience 🙄 haven't been back since!!

I have impacted wisdom tooth and he said something about it being a double?! I didn’t like that dentist so I’ll get my new one to explain it better once they’re allowed to do proper check ups.  I’ve been told I need to go to dental hospital for it to be removed because of it being impacted. That’s why I’m dreading getting dry socket again. But I suppose at least I know the signs now 

If I see another advert for men's underpants I think I will scream.  What is it with them?  Maybe the Covid has caused people to concentrate on their undies more than usually? Plus the potatoes or whatever they use to make them look really large make them look deformed. Nearly as bad as the graphic constipation advert that invariably appears when you are preparing dinner.  Yuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Josh is back to Cresswell🙂 Just had a video call from him and he said it was "Ace" and has absolutely no regrets about his change of career. Sending his car down to him tomorrow. Images from Creswell FB page update. I think it's brilliant that the Navy can give us civvys an update as sometimes kids can be a bit lax with telling you what they're up to. I can only remember writing one letter home when I was in the mob.

119864329_197656481720599_7368711844629819541_n.jpg

119908856_197656491720598_4526378894392536450_n.jpg

120103295_197657031720544_6555879726346876908_n.jpg

• Like 8

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

My youngest son is leaving the ADF at the end of the year having completed 4 years in Townsville.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

I've been watching 'Hillary' on SBS.  It's a documentary about Hillary Clinton and I thought it was very interesting.  Similar to Donald Trump, there is a dedicated group of people who don’t know them personally but nonetheless hate them.  At the end of the documentary I felt I knew a lot more about Clinton and now have sympathy toward her.  I just need to watch an in depth documentary about Trump which may make me feel more positive about him.  😶

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Parley said:

My youngest son is leaving the ADF at the end of the year having completed 4 years in Townsville.

4 years?  The minimum was 6 during my time in the RAAF.

30 minutes ago, Bulya said:

4 years?  The minimum was 6 during my time in the RAAF.

It varies based upon the role and amount of training provided.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

14 hours ago, starlight7 said:

If I see another advert for men's underpants I think I will scream.  What is it with them?  Maybe the Covid has caused people to concentrate on their undies more than usually? Plus the potatoes or whatever they use to make them look really large make them look deformed. Nearly as bad as the graphic constipation advert that invariably appears when you are preparing dinner.  Yuck.

It's all for the same make of men's underpants too.  I can't see how they can possibly make enough profit to pay for all those ads.  They must be scary expensive pants.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Missed those 2 adverts.  Never seen them.  What a shame.  😋

The TV adverts here are for sheep/cattle feed/drench or for huge water storage tanks and tractors.  Nothing as exciting as yours. 😏

• Like 2