Jump to content
Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

I know! His face gets him away with murder lol 

I smile every time I see the photo xM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultrasound tomorrow and Monday. You couldn't make this up! 🙄 renal Arteries Doppler, USS Aorta-Bifemoral+bilateral legs. Can't be done on the same day as it's classed as two ultrasounds and they are only allowed to bulk bill one per patient per day! FFS they're still gonna get billed for both anyway so why not on the same day? Just extra admin costs when billed separately you would think?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultrasound tomorrow and Monday. You couldn't make this up! [emoji849] renal Arteries Doppler, USS Aorta-Bifemoral+bilateral legs. Can't be done on the same day as it's classed as two ultrasounds and they are only allowed to bulk bill one per patient per day! FFS they're still gonna get billed for both anyway so why not on the same day? Just extra admin costs when billed separately you would think?
Exactly!!! Same happened to me couple of weeks ago, complete waste of time and an inconvenience...
  • Like 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Ultrasound tomorrow and Monday. You couldn't make this up! 🙄 renal Arteries Doppler, USS Aorta-Bifemoral+bilateral legs. Can't be done on the same day as it's classed as two ultrasounds and they are only allowed to bulk bill one per patient per day! FFS they're still gonna get billed for both anyway so why not on the same day? Just extra admin costs when billed separately you would think?

It just gets worse! Now it's 3 appointments they told me!😡 Did the renal and abdominal this morning  but the legs have to be done separately, one on Wednesday and the other the day after!


See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took.my elderly hound to vets today for a check up. She's losing weight despite extra meals and wanting to.go out in the middle of the night for toilet trips. All her bloods are ok but vet thinks it's age related changes and start of doggy dementia. Poor old girl. 😥 She was super stressed too. Think it's home visiting vet from.now on.....

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2020 at 13:34, Tulip1 said:

You also said you had a bad headache which is also a known sign of Covid (and a bad cold too)  It may be week 4 now but you asked for a test much earlier. Of course you will trust your GP, particularly as they are a good friend but it is a little surprising that you were denied a test, especially when you were worried and asked for one. It sounds like you’ve hardly been out over all these months so must have been very worried about the possibility of catching it, especially given WA’s very low numbers.   If nothing else having the test would have put your mind at rest and it’s a shame that was denied.  Glad to hear you are feeling better now. 

No I didnt actually have a headache, I had a dizzy light headed feeling.   This happens everytime  I get sick because I only have one functioning ear (lost the internal bits of the other one to a brush with a cancerous tumour 20 years ago, so I only have the bit I wear earrings in) and consequently I have a bad sense of balance too and take medication for that.   I had no covid symptoms apart from the heavy cold.   

Initially when Covid first started, being in my 70's, I was very concerned and stayed home self isolating, but once things started to open up again, my friends and I just socialised at each other's houses or out on walks with our woofers.      Our days out shopping and long lunches at cafes, movie sessions, theatre  etc, never really got going again as we all actually prefer what we are doing now.   All of us are widowed or divorced women with adult children, some of whom live in other states/countries, and we all spent a lot of time travelling to visit our overseas and interstate families.   We have a lot in common with our crafts, books, woofers, gardening etc, and we just all really appreciate all these things now more than shopping, movies, lunches etc.   If Covid has done something good in our lives, it is that our friendships are stronger and we get our enjoyment from a much slower and simpler life now.   However we all want to be able to travel again of course to see our offsprng.   God knows when that will happen though.

  • Like 4

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2020 at 21:10, The Pom Queen said:

I would still go and get tested. It is better being safe than sorry. If WA aren’t testing and turning people away how do they know they haven’t got a community transmission. 

A good question and one I asked GP.... which led to a conversation about conspiracy theories actually!

  • Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

A good question and one I asked GP.... which led to a conversation about conspiracy theories actually!

Is your GP quite elderly ?


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parley said:

Is your GP quite elderly ?

Why would her age matter?   She isn't actually though - in her mid 50's.


......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rossmoyne said:

Why would her age matter?   She isn't actually though - in her mid 50's.

Some GPs are past their use by date.

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rossmoyne said:

No I didnt actually have a headache, I had a dizzy light headed feeling.   This happens everytime  I get sick because I only have one functioning ear (lost the internal bits of the other one to a brush with a cancerous tumour 20 years ago, so I only have the bit I wear earrings in) and consequently I have a bad sense of balance too and take medication for that.   I had no covid symptoms apart from the heavy cold.   

Initially when Covid first started, being in my 70's, I was very concerned and stayed home self isolating, but once things started to open up again, my friends and I just socialised at each other's houses or out on walks with our woofers.      Our days out shopping and long lunches at cafes, movie sessions, theatre  etc, never really got going again as we all actually prefer what we are doing now.   All of us are widowed or divorced women with adult children, some of whom live in other states/countries, and we all spent a lot of time travelling to visit our overseas and interstate families.   We have a lot in common with our crafts, books, woofers, gardening etc, and we just all really appreciate all these things now more than shopping, movies, lunches etc.   If Covid has done something good in our lives, it is that our friendships are stronger and we get our enjoyment from a much slower and simpler life now.   However we all want to be able to travel again of course to see our offsprng.   God knows when that will happen though.

What a wonderful post. I can relate to it in a small way.

My mother has persistent Barotrauma in one ear. Barotrauma is where the ear canal is pressurised by trapped air and cannot be relieved. In other words she can only pop one ear as the other will remain pressurised. Its terribly uncomfortable.

She turned 90 this week and I would have given anything to go up to the Gold Coast to see her.  She is as sharp as a tack and a delight to converse with over the phone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parley said:

Some GPs are past their use by date.

Not mine Parley.  She is in her mid 50's, married to a Naturopath, and her views are very open to all types of health issues and remedies.    Without her and her studies and views on all sorts of medical issues, her recommendation that I reduce the carbs in my diet to control my osteo arthritis, I would be still on major pain medication and not able to move.   Her suggestion 5 years ago that I look at a Low Carb Healthy Fat lifestyle now means that I no longer take pain medication at all and my body is so much more flexible.   I take no medication at all except to deal wiith my issue with having a bad sense of balance as I had a cancerous tumour removed from my left ear that took everything apart from the bit I wear my earing on, so at times I get dizzy.   I have great faith in my GP.

  • Like 3

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Ultrasound tomorrow and Monday. You couldn't make this up! 🙄 renal Arteries Doppler, USS Aorta-Bifemoral+bilateral legs. Can't be done on the same day as it's classed as two ultrasounds and they are only allowed to bulk bill one per patient per day! FFS they're still gonna get billed for both anyway so why not on the same day? Just extra admin costs when billed separately you would think?

It may be the case that the multiple procedures that you are undergoing are paced over a number of days for your benefit. 

Medicare advises:

When multiple procedures are performed at the same patient encounter, there is often overlap of the pre-procedure and post-procedure work. Payment methodologies for surgical procedures account for the overlap of the pre-procedure and post-procedure work. This is the basis for the “multiple procedure rule,” under which Medicare pays a reduced amount for the second and subsequent procedures …

In other words, your treatment could be deliberately being staged on an encounter based program so that you receive the maximum benefit.

Talk to your local Medicare people, or your health care provider.

 

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parley said:

Some GPs are past their use by date.

Have to agree on that one. Some real shockers out there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

Not mine Parley.  She is in her mid 50's, married to a Naturopath, and her views are very open to all types of health issues and remedies.    Without her and her studies and views on all sorts of medical issues, her recommendation that I reduce the carbs in my diet to control my osteo arthritis, I would be still on major pain medication and not able to move.   Her suggestion 5 years ago that I look at a Low Carb Healthy Fat lifestyle now means that I no longer take pain medication at all and my body is so much more flexible.   I take no medication at all except to deal wiith my issue with having a bad sense of balance as I had a cancerous tumour removed from my left ear that took everything apart from the bit I wear my earing on, so at times I get dizzy.   I have great faith in my GP.

She sounds fabulous 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Ultrasound tomorrow and Monday. You couldn't make this up! 🙄 renal Arteries Doppler, USS Aorta-Bifemoral+bilateral legs. Can't be done on the same day as it's classed as two ultrasounds and they are only allowed to bulk bill one per patient per day! FFS they're still gonna get billed for both anyway so why not on the same day? Just extra admin costs when billed separately you would think?

Since we are talking about health care experiences:

Today I was given the all clear from my cardiologist. My heart is now in perfect rhythm and so I have had my meds reduced and the cardiologist does not want to see me for the next seven months. Its been a long journey.

Five months ago I was in the back of an ambulance and subsequently admitted and discharged from five hospitals. I had five heart grafts (bypasses) recovered, went to a rehab hospital, then went into heart arrhythmia.  Then back in the ambulance to another hospital to be zapped by an AED ( defibrillator) . 

Amid all of the subsequent tests, procedures, rehab programs, relapses and re-admissions  etc,  I am now feeling pretty darn good as it turns out.

Cheers

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Johndoe said:

It just gets worse! Now it's 3 appointments they told me!😡 Did the renal and abdominal this morning  but the legs have to be done separately, one on Wednesday and the other the day after!

I never understand that, why can’t they do everything at once. I know the machines have to be set different but surely it must be easier to do a full body scan.

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Took.my elderly hound to vets today for a check up. She's losing weight despite extra meals and wanting to.go out in the middle of the night for toilet trips. All her bloods are ok but vet thinks it's age related changes and start of doggy dementia. Poor old girl. 😥 She was super stressed too. Think it's home visiting vet from.now on.....

Have you tried satin balls they are good for putting weight on. 


If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

Since we are talking about health care experiences:

Today I was given the all clear from my cardiologist. My heart is now in perfect rhythm and so I have had my meds reduced and the cardiologist does not want to see me for the next seven months. Its been a long journey.

Five months ago I was in the back of an ambulance and subsequently admitted and discharged from five hospitals. I had five heart grafts (bypasses) recovered, went to a rehab hospital, then went into heart arrhythmia.  Then back in the ambulance to another hospital to be zapped by an AED ( defibrillator) . 

Amid all of the subsequent tests, procedures, rehab programs, relapses and re-admissions  etc,  I am now feeling pretty darn good as it turns out.

Cheers

That is wonderful news, congratulations @Dusty Plains . You will be running marathons next.

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does the blue side go on the inside or outside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Not mine Parley.  She is in her mid 50's, married to a Naturopath, and her views are very open to all types of health issues and remedies.    Without her and her studies and views on all sorts of medical issues, her recommendation that I reduce the carbs in my diet to control my osteo arthritis, I would be still on major pain medication and not able to move.   Her suggestion 5 years ago that I look at a Low Carb Healthy Fat lifestyle now means that I no longer take pain medication at all and my body is so much more flexible.   I take no medication at all except to deal wiith my issue with having a bad sense of balance as I had a cancerous tumour removed from my left ear that took everything apart from the bit I wear my earing on, so at times I get dizzy.   I have great faith in my GP.

The bottom line is that she is following the WA government's advice in saying you don't need a test.  To those of us in other states, where we're being encouraged to have a test even with a runny nose, the WA government's advice sounds like dangerous complacency, but that is their choice.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2020 at 17:24, Rossmoyne said:

Nope... although I asked and insisted... GP said it wasn't necessary.    There is no community transmission of Covid in WA anyway, and my GP is a personal friend of 28 years standing, so I trust her judgement.  

You don't need permission from your GP you can just turn up and be screened at one of the covid clinics (one at RPH or Armadale) and they will determine if a test is necessary.  You can be assessed if you have a tempt 37.5 or above, documented history of fever in the last few days, respiratory infection,


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali said:

You don't need permission from your GP you can just turn up and be screened at one of the covid clinics (one at RPH or Armadale) and they will determine if a test is necessary.  You can be assessed if you have a tempt 37.5 or above, documented history of fever in the last few days, respiratory infection,

...but that's more than just a cold, unlike the other states.

This is the advice in Victoria:

"If you have any cold or flu like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose, even if these are mild, you should get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible. People with mild symptoms can still spread the virus."

Here's the advice in Queensland:

"In Queensland, anyone who has any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, should get tested immediately. Symptoms include a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, fatigue and loss of smell or taste. It doesn’t matter if you have just one of these symptoms or a group of them, or whether you feel really sick or just a little unwell – if you’ve got any of these symptoms, you should contact your doctor immediately to get tested."

Here's NSW:

"Anyone with a cough, a sore or scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste, loss of smell or a fever should be tested for COVID-19, even if symptoms are mild."

The NT's advice is similar to WA's.  It just seems dangerously complacent to me, because although fever is common in Covid-19, it is not always a symptom. Likewise respiratory distress is common later in Covid but not in the early stages when people are already highly infectious. 

 

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WA is still testing hundreds of people for COVID.  The latest advice from WA DOH

Get tested for COVID-19 early – people are most infectious when they first experience symptoms.

COVID-19 can cause a range of symptoms. These can range from mild illness to pneumonia. If you experience any of the below symptoms, no matter how mild, please get a COVID-19 test.

  • fever of 37.5°C or above OR fever in the last few days (for example, night sweats or chills)
  • coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat
  • loss of smell or taste. 

Testing is available at COVID clinics, regional public hospitals and health services, remote health clinics (where COVID clinics are not available) and, private pathology centres. For locations and opening days and times please see below.

Note: testing at public COVID-19 clinics (metropolitan and regional) is free. No Medicare card is required. Stay home until you get your results. Fees may apply at private pathology centres and GP respiratory clinics.

 

The advice looks pretty similar to me

  • Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali said:

WA is still testing hundreds of people for COVID.  The latest advice from WA DOH...

The one I read seemed to be saying they wouldn't test you unless you had either a fever or a respiratory infection (and you yourself said so, in an earlier post).  Maybe it was out of date.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×