..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

On 26/08/2020 at 00:51, Quokka2005 said:

I bought him his first costume 🙄😳

07EEBF29-EB83-42FB-90FC-30CA1FABEE70.jpeg

He is such a handsome fluffball.....

• Like 3

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

On 11/09/2020 at 22:00, The Pom Queen said:

My son went off to work on a cattle station. 200km on dirt roads, he got lost in the outback along the way and caused a panic with his new boss. Thankfully he has a gps locator so I could find him on the map and pinpoint his location. It was expensive to buy when we don’t have the money but already it’s saved his life so I’m happy.  Today he did 20km of fencing.

People don’t realise how hot and remote the outback is. I know he didn’t believe me when I told him but I had to let him go and find out for himself. Kids always think they know better 🥺😢

As a parent it is always hard to let our offspring fly the nest, especially when it is the youngest of the brood.   But your boy is a very responsible and caring young man PQ, and it will be very good for him and his personal development.   When my son moved from WA to Qld with his job nearly 8 years ago, I was so worried about him as although he had worked FIFO  for 5 years, he still was based at home and was just so  clueless about general life, had more "toys" than he needed, and was up for anything his mates could come up with for fun.   But in those 8 years he has matured into a very sensible level headed 34 year old who owns his own property, has settled down with the perfect partner, and has had a few promotions along the way too.   Sometimes all it takes is  being away from family and having to be responsible entirely for themselves, that makes them into the person they were destined to be.   Bet you and Cerberus miss him like mad though. Rossy xx

• Like 5

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

IKNOWCB....................I really am not a happy Rossmoyne at the moment.

Since all this China Virus stuff started, I live in WA and I have followed all the rules and stayed at home and hardly gone out apart from walking my woofer.  On the rare occasions when I have had to go shopping I have used so much hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes etc that I must have shares in Dettol by now!   I have been shopping once every 3 or 4 weeks, avoiding all the big shops and just going to the local greengrocers, butchers and IGA in a round swoop, and I am out the house less than an hour.   4 weeks ago I did my usual quick shop, taking all my usual precautions, and was out the house 45 minutes.   Woke up the next day with a cold that developed into probably the worst one I have ever had, which then caused infected sinuses and Bronchitis and the worst dizzy woozy head!   Just about to start my 3rd dose of antibiotics and only just beginning to feel that life is worth living after all!   GP says she is seeing so much of this instead of flu this year.....  and I am over it!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

Since all this China Virus stuff started, I live in WA and I have followed all the rules and stayed at home and hardly gone out apart from walking my woofer.  On the rare occasions when I have had to go shopping I have used so much hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes etc that I must have shares in Dettol by now!   I have been shopping once every 3 or 4 weeks, avoiding all the big shops and just going to the local greengrocers, butchers and IGA in a round swoop, and I am out the house less than an hour.   4 weeks ago I did my usual quick shop, taking all my usual precautions, and was out the house 45 minutes.   Woke up the next day with a cold that developed into probably the worst one I have ever had, which then caused infected sinuses and Bronchitis and the worst dizzy woozy head!   Just about to start my 3rd dose of antibiotics and only just beginning to feel that life is worth living after all!   GP says she is seeing so much of this instead of flu this year.....  and I am over it!!!!

I assume you have been tested for Covid?  

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

9 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

That is so unfair, hope you feel better soon x M

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

How awful, my boys both got sick but were in contact with sick people. Have you been tested? Strange that you have not been doing any high risk stuff and distancing etc...

35 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I assume you have been tested for Covid?  

Nope... although I asked and insisted... GP said it wasn't necessary.    There is no community transmission of Covid in WA anyway, and my GP is a personal friend of 28 years standing, so I trust her judgement.  

35 minutes ago, ramot said:

That is so unfair, hope you feel better soon x M

Thanks Ramot... 3rd dose of antibiotics have done the trick thankfully. x  Rossy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

How awful, my boys both got sick but were in contact with sick people. Have you been tested? Strange that you have not been doing any high risk stuff and distancing etc...

Sorry to hear your boys were sick too.    Being in my 70's, I have been self isolating as much as possible.... it was just that one trip to the shops and I used all the usual hand sanitiser etc, but it is what it is.    I did ask my GP about a Covid test but she said it wasnt necessary.   My GP is a personal friend and I have known her for 28 years, and I trust her judgement.   Antibiotics are doing their thing and I am getting better by the day, thankfully.   Hope your boys recovered quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rossmoyne said:

I did ask my GP about a Covid test but she said it wasnt necessary.   My GP is a personal friend and I have known her for 28 years, and I trust her judgement.   

Your answer makes my blood run cold!  Your GP has lots of patients presenting with nasty cold symptoms, but she's telling everyone, "there is no Covid in Perth so there's no need to get tested". 

If every GP in Perth takes that attitude, Covid could be at epidemic proportions and no one would know. 

The fact that antibiotics are helping tells you nothing about which virus you caught originally. 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

21 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Your answer makes my blood run cold!  Your GP has lots of patients presenting with nasty cold symptoms, but she's telling everyone, "there is no Covid in Perth so there's no need to get tested". 

If every GP in Perth takes that attitude, Covid could be at epidemic proportions and no one would know. 

The fact that antibiotics are helping tells you nothing about which virus you caught originally. 

Are antibiotics effeftive against a virus?

On 15/09/2020 at 22:39, Johndoe said:

Yes. Often sold as Flake

Wow I never knew that was flake. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

4 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that hun. I hope you get well soon. 
Have you been wearing a mask 😷 I’m supposed to but struggle with them. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

3 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Nope... although I asked and insisted... GP said it wasn't necessary.    There is no community transmission of Covid in WA anyway, and my GP is a personal friend of 28 years standing, so I trust her judgement.  

I would still go and get tested. It is better being safe than sorry. If WA aren’t testing and turning people away how do they know they haven’t got a community transmission. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

I would still go and get tested. It is better being safe than sorry. If WA aren’t testing and turning people away how do they know they haven’t got a community transmission. 

It must be an issue with some GPs thinking they know best. You can walk up to any testing centre if you have cold or flu symptoms and get tested on the spot.

People seem to forget that negative tests are just as important as positive tests for data gathering and monitoring for outbreaks. Increasingly people are becoming very blasé about going to work with a cold, just like they did pre covid. It's selfish, thoughtless and infuriating.

• Like 3

:evilface_frowning_s

12 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Sorry to hear your boys were sick too.    Being in my 70's, I have been self isolating as much as possible.... it was just that one trip to the shops and I used all the usual hand sanitiser etc, but it is what it is.    I did ask my GP about a Covid test but she said it wasnt necessary.   My GP is a personal friend and I have known her for 28 years, and I trust her judgement.   Antibiotics are doing their thing and I am getting better by the day, thankfully.   Hope your boys recovered quickly. 

Hope you are feeling much better now @Rossmoyne,  Here in Tassie, even though there has been no Covid for weeks we are supposed to go and get tested if we have any cold symptoms - just to be on the safe side.

10 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Are antibiotics effeftive against a virus?

No they are not.  However if you get a secondary bacterial infection, which is not uncommon, they are effective for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

There would be no point in @Rossmoyne going for a test now - if it's been two weeks then the covid infection is over, and it would be negative.  The antibiotics are treating a secondary infection.   It would be interesting to have a covid antibodies test but I don't think they offer those.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Glad you're getting better Rossy. I think your GP gave you bad advice though 😥

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

He is such a handsome fluffball.....

I know! His face gets him away with murder lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

There would be no point in @Rossmoyne going for a test now - if it's been two weeks then the covid infection is over, and it would be negative.  The antibiotics are treating a secondary infection.   It would be interesting to have a covid antibodies test but I don't think they offer those.

Actually, I think the doctor was following the WA govt's advice.  Unlike other states, they're not encouraging people with cold symptoms to get tested. Considering we know that lots of people (especially children) only get mild symptoms and yet are highly contagious, that's a worry IMO, and means a cluster could get out of control before they even know it's there.  Here's what it says on their website:

You may be tested if you:

• present with a fever of 37.5°C or above
    or
  • have had a fever in the last few days (for example, night sweats or chills), without a known source
    or
  • have acute respiratory symptoms (for example, coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat)
    or
  • have acute loss of smell or taste. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Well that's convenient. With no testing the stats will always show there's no community transmission. Is that the real secret of WA's success again Covid?

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

That was probably why GP said it wasn't necessary.   This is week 4 of being sick.   It just started as a heavy cold with no other covid symptoms.... just saying.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

That was probably why GP said it wasn't necessary.   This is week 4 of being sick.   It just started as a heavy cold with no other covid symptoms.... just saying.

A heavy cold feels identical to a mild case of covid, which is not surprising as they are both types of coronavirus - it’s just that one is potentially deadly and the other isn’t. The only way to tell the difference is a test.

40 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

You also said you had a bad headache which is also a known sign of Covid (and a bad cold too)  It may be week 4 now but you asked for a test much earlier. Of course you will trust your GP, particularly as they are a good friend but it is a little surprising that you were denied a test, especially when you were worried and asked for one. It sounds like you’ve hardly been out over all these months so must have been very worried about the possibility of catching it, especially given WA’s very low numbers.   If nothing else having the test would have put your mind at rest and it’s a shame that was denied.  Glad to hear you are feeling better now.