Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

2 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Yes. What a long winded job! Thanks for asking. See GP tomorrow for the results. Still can't do much and am alright just lazing around but as soon as I do anything strenuous I feel "pressure" on my lower abdomen and back and breathlesness. "Pressure" is the only way I can describe it really as if something is squeezing me accompanied with a burning sensation. First attack was 2 days after angiogram and I put it down to that, having to put the dog down the day before, and Josh going into the navy that same day. First thought was a panic/anxiety attack as I do worry as to how Jake will manage on his own if anything happens to me. Roll on tomorrow arvo so I can lay it to rest.

Hope all is fine for you tomorrow Kev!  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Parley said:

Anyone tried this.

2020-09-12_18-42-14.jpg

Just seems wrong to me.  Bacon is one of the few things I still fry. It’s just nicer fried and the smell of it in the pan is lovely. Love cracking eggs in the pan too and when you splash them with oil you get those little dark bits from the bacon splashed on the eggs. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Just seems wrong to me.  Bacon is one of the few things I still fry. It’s just nicer fried and the smell of it in the pan is lovely. Love cracking eggs in the pan too and when you splash them with oil you get those little dark bits from the bacon splashed on the eggs. 

I don’t eat bacon, but even I agree there is something about the smell of bacon cooking.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Parley said:

Anyone tried this.

2020-09-12_18-42-14.jpg

The biggest problem is that it's Australian Microwave Bacon, so you can guarantee that it's going to taste like ham and not bacon regardless of how it's cooked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

47 minutes ago, Ken said:

The biggest problem is that it's Australian Microwave Bacon, so you can guarantee that it's going to taste like ham and not bacon regardless of how it's cooked.

The bacon in the USA is wonderful. If you are NY go out to just about any diner and order an American Breakfast. Magnificent bacon and eggs.  

1 minute ago, Dusty Plains said:

The bacon in the USA is wonderful. If you are NY go out to just about any diner and order an American Breakfast. Magnificent bacon and eggs.  

The flavour of US bacon is OK - but they only ever use streaky bacon and they always overcook it.

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

2 hours ago, Ken said:

But quality bacon such as Pialligo Farm.

https://www.pialligofarm.com.au/

7 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Yes. What a long winded job! Thanks for asking. See GP tomorrow for the results. Still can't do much and am alright just lazing around but as soon as I do anything strenuous I feel "pressure" on my lower abdomen and back and breathlesness. "Pressure" is the only way I can describe it really as if something is squeezing me accompanied with a burning sensation. First attack was 2 days after angiogram and I put it down to that, having to put the dog down the day before, and Josh going into the navy that same day. First thought was a panic/anxiety attack as I do worry as to how Jake will manage on his own if anything happens to me. Roll on tomorrow arvo so I can lay it to rest.

Will be sending good thoughts and intentions your way. Take care and do let us know 

• Like 1

First singlet and shorts day. Hallelujah. Thankfully still fit. Having a lazy one at home and got my pasty winter limbs out in the garden for a bit of vit D. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Sorry I missed this post. Hope it all goes ok xM

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

First singlet and shorts day. Hallelujah. Thankfully still fit. Having a lazy one at home and got my pasty winter limbs out in the garden for a bit of vit D. 

I'm still muffled up when I'm outdoors here.   It was lovely first thing this morning but this afternoon a strong wind started blowing off the mountains.  Brrrr.

• Like 1

Just now, Toots said:

I'm still muffled up when I'm outdoors here.   It was lovely first thing this morning but this afternoon a strong wind started blowing off the mountains.  Brrrr.

It's that strange time of year here when you're warm in the sun and still chilly in the shade. Difficult to dress appropriately. Soon as the sun goes down temp drops like a stone. I was wearing my thermals a few days ago....Won't be long till it's wall to wall sun and then we'll be too hot 😊

• Like 4

I've always wanted a boat but I suffer terribly with motion sickness. Saying that, I used to work on Rottnest, and travelled on all sorts of weather. I was fine in any weather as long as I can look at the horizon, but if I have to concentrate on anything close I get a migraine. Is this something you would grow out of? I could try travel sickness pills I guess. But I've always liked the idea of a boat.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, newjez said:

I've always wanted a boat but I suffer terribly with motion sickness. Saying that, I used to work on Rottnest, and travelled on all sorts of weather. I was fine in any weather as long as I can look at the horizon, but if I have to concentrate on anything close I get a migraine. Is this something you would grow out of? I could try travel sickness pills I guess. But I've always liked the idea of a boat.

I expect people get used to it eventually. Nothing worse than bad sea sickness.

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 hours ago, newjez said:

Unless you have money to burn don't bother.  

I think owning a boat and getting the most out of it depends a bit where you live. We shared a motor boat with 2 other families when we lived in Brunei, we had the best fun as we could moor up on deserted islands, swim snorkel and BBQ. I was fine in quite rough conditions, but the moment the boat stopped in the shallows I had to get off at once, couldn’t bear the gentle rocking in the swell. Certainly wouldn’t have one here, not enough places go to, to justify the cost.

• Like 1

We used to have a boat and it was good at the time but we breathed a sigh of relief when we sold it I have to admit. If you are actually the driver the sickness isn’t so bad I found- a bit like cars. Talking power boats not yachts. Reckon they would make you sick out on the open ocean but I’ve only been in sheltered water on a yacht.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, newjez said:

Depends if you just mean a small tinny for exploring creeks and fresh water. Anything big is just "a hole in the water that you pour money into"

This was my first which was pretty low maintenance

bekshovelly.jpg.8c00dcfbe83de773de11a82c1d5ae6fe.jpg

This one cost an arm and a leg and the other arm and leg to maintain

marlinboardrear.jpg.7361d756ef9f3898a9ab0c520edd5425.jpg

This is what I have now and suits me fine.

49959300687_b0310030cb_b.jpgLake Samsonvale sunrise (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

If you take your boat in saltwater remember the extra effort needed at the end of a long day to wash all the salt off the trailer and flush the engine with fresh water. I love fishing the freesh now as I just back the boat into the garage no cleaning needed.

To your question. All my kids suffered from sea sickness but they all "grew out of it"

• Like 5

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

15 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Hope all goes well. Have you anything put in place for Jake? 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Just had a video call. Josh's first day at sea. He's out for 10 days. Not too bad a deal to send his little Hyundai Getz for when he gets back...................picked up from here (home) and shipped to Jervis Bay only $300

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ken said:

This is so true. Although I go for the cheap bacon now it seems to have more taste, plus I love the rind.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

4 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Hope all goes well. Have you anything put in place for Jake? 

Thanks. Yes, (morbid head on) There's folk who will help him out if I'm out of commission

1 minute ago, Johndoe said:

Just had a video call. Josh's first day at sea. He's out for 10 days. Not too bad a deal to send his little Hyundai Getz for when he gets back...................picked up from here (home) and shipped to Jervis Bay only $300

What are his first thoughts? 10 days is a good time frame, break him in easily. Is he at Creswell? My eldest spent a lot of time at Cerberus, absolutely love it there. He will be based at Oakey next year so hopefully I will get to see him more.

• Like 1