Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

42 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Is it normal for a teenage boys room to stink even though he showers everyday? 

yes, they stink like polecats.    

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, simmo said:

It’s grim. They let off some hormonal thing apparently and can’t help it. It stops after a few years but it can be eye watering. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parley said:

My daughter jusr dropped me round a food hamper she has made me for father's day.

A lovely thought, but all the stuff i really shouldn't eat too much of, chocolate covered peanuts, chips muesli bars etc. My willpower is no good when that sort of food is in the cupboard.

Duck duck duckity duck.

When is father's Day?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Is it normal for a teenage boys room to stink even though he showers everyday? 

About 14 - 15?

They start emitting this vile chemical like smell. It's not bo. It's like some sort of poisonous gas. My sense of smell is greatly reduced due to my having constant sinus infections thankfully. But my wife struggles to be in the same house. Starts to go away as they hit 17.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

I just had to spray his room. All his clothes are clean so I don't know where it comes from!! I insist he showers daily much to his disgust. 

What’s he left under the bed? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, newjez said:

Duck duck duckity duck.

When is father's Day?

Sunday, tomorrow.

Edited by Quoll

5 hours ago, newjez said:

Duck duck duckity duck.

When is father's Day?

on Sunday.

I want it all, and I want it now.

9 hours ago, simmo said:

Tell him to use soap, and shampoo.  A recent blog on the Guardian showed many don’t when they shower.  And clinical quality deodorant is a must.  

Anyone else find it weird that in Australia Father's Day is in September whereas the UK Father's Day is on the same day as the US Father's Day in June, whereas while the UK Mother's Day is in March, in Australia Mother's Day is on the the same day as the US Mother's Day in May?

Edited by Ken
  • Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

Anyone else find it weird that in Australia Fathers' Day is in September whereas the UK Fathers' Day is on the same day as the US Fathers' Day in June, whereas while the UK Mothers' Day is in March, in Australia Mothers' Day is on the the same day as the US Mothers' Day in May?

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

Anyone else find it weird that in Australia Fathers' Day is in September whereas the UK Fathers' Day is on the same day as the US Fathers' Day in June, whereas while the UK Mothers' Day is in March, in Australia Mothers' Day is on the the same day as the US Mothers' Day in May?

UK "Mothers Day" is actually Mothering Sunday, and was a religious celebration originally, with the date set in relation to Easter,  whereas Mothers Day in the US and Oz is purely secular, as is Fathers Day

• Like 1

Just now, Nemesis said:

UK "Mothers Day" is actually Mothering Sunday, and was a religious celebration originally, with the date set in relation to Easter,  whereas Mothers Day in the US and Oz is purely secular, as is Fathers Day

Yes, we all know why the different date for Mother's Day but what is the reason for using the US date for Mother's Day but not for Father's Day?

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

16 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

I just had to spray his room. All his clothes are clean so I don't know where it comes from!! I insist he showers daily much to his disgust. 

Shoes. Especially trainers.

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

12 hours ago, newjez said:

Duck duck duckity duck.

When is father's Day?

Is that you Ned Flanders?😂

Evening All x

Soooo what's going on?

• Like 2

No one can tell you exactly what you have gotta be

You've got to stand your ground and fight to save your life

It may be hard but ooh ooh it's the only way

Always remembering there ain't no second prize

There ain't no second prize

10 hours ago, Bulya said:

Tell him to use soap, and shampoo.  A recent blog on the Guardian showed many don’t when they shower.  And clinical quality deodorant is a must.  

He doesn't smell as such and always uses deodorant. It's the lingering smell in the room....I'll have to put an air freshener in there. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Quoll said:

What’s he left under the bed? 

Surprisingly nothing that would stink. Just camping equipment. I raid his room once a week and empty bins, find clothes stuffed down side of the bed etc.....the joys. 

3 hours ago, Dom Churchill said:

Evening All x

Soooo what's going on?

Same same Dom, lots of new names, sadly not many of the older members, everyone still agreeing or disagreeing!!! Not so much fun these days.

I finally got PR last year, only took 16 years! Now waiting for my citizenship ceremony. Think it took you a while as well?

Hope all is good with you. 

6 hours ago, simmo said:

Is that you Ned Flanders?😂

Who is Ned Flanders?

2 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Surprisingly nothing that would stink. Just camping equipment. I raid his room once a week and empty bins, find clothes stuffed down side of the bed etc.....the joys. 

Clearing out the shower tray filter. How can so much hair come off one child?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, newjez said:

Who is Ned Flanders?

Hi Diddly Ho Neighborino GIF - NedFlanders Hi TheSimpsons GIFs

• Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 06:23, simmo said:

Iknowc but I've been asked to apply for an assistant director role!  It's 2 steps up so a long shot but my view is what is there to lose? I'm quite thick skinned so can take the rejection (if rejected).  If I don't throw my hat in the ring then I can't necessarily complain about how things are going because I will just get "you had the opportunity to shape things"...  I've been told I have a very good chance.  As long as I don't balls up the application - I interview well.

Get this"!!  I was straight up asked by a colleague and who I thought was a good friend - if i was going for this job, i replied "i might 😉 "  He then, with a straight face said " I know you can do the job but don't think you should apply" when i asked why his answer was because in the 2 other roles already filled at this position we have 1x woman (white) and 1x man (white).  He said he thinks he should be promoted into the role because he is black and asked me not to apply.  I was speechless, this person is senior to me and is currently on disciplinary for non performance!!  There was no sense of irony.  I was waiting for the "I'm just kidding!" but there was none.

I sent my application in shortly after.  The neck on him!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simmo said:

Get this"!!  I was straight up asked by a colleague and who I thought was a good friend - if i was going for this job, i replied "i might 😉 "  He then, with a straight face said " I know you can do the job but don't think you should apply" when i asked why his answer was because in the 2 other roles already filled at this position we have 1x woman (white) and 1x man (white).  He said he thinks he should be promoted into the role because he is black and asked me not to apply.  I was speechless, this person is senior to me and is currently on disciplinary for non performance!!  There was no sense of irony.  I was waiting for the "I'm just kidding!" but there was none.

Ah, but is he really black?

But even if he is simmo, you are much more of a minority than any black person.

20 hours ago, Bulya said:

My son is almost 20 and the smells completely gone now so it’s just something they can’t help for a few years. There’s definitely a name for it and it is some chemical hormonal thing they release.  A few years ago he would shower twice a day and used so much shower gel I was sure he drunk it. The upstairs used to smell of clean shower stuff, talk about the Lynx effect!  He always uses proper deodorant. He always smelt clean but his bedroom on the other hand was rank. It’s just something that seems to come off them and linger. If you could have bottled it, it would have stripped paint I’m sure. 

2 hours ago, simmo said:

Racist (him not you).  No joke, can you imagine if you’d have said that to a black guy?  Good luck.

• Like 3