Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

That’s the worst thing about Melbourne just now- not being able to see your own family and being stuck within 5 km . Has to be a better solution.

On 26/08/2020 at 05:21, newjez said:

I don't think I've ever seen a TV program made in Canada that is based in Canada.

Suits was made in Canada, but set in New York.

Schitts creek was largely Canadian, but set in the USA.

But nothing set in Canada. Strange.

Private Eyes (stars Jason Priestley), Degrassi High and Rookie Blue were all both filmed and set in Toronto.

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

6 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

CTF is very political these days....was it always this way?? 

at least no one's whinging about supermarket prices in Australia anymore.  I just think there is more politics in general with Boris, Trump, Brexit ... I'm sure interesting stuff happens in Aussie politics too.

2 hours ago, simmo said:

at least no one's whinging about supermarket prices in Australia anymore.  I just think there is more politics in general with Boris, Trump, Brexit ... I'm sure interesting stuff happens in Aussie politics too.

You sure?

• Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

We had a bit of a storm yesterday afternoon and evening - howling wind/heavy rain and it was so cold too.   Today there is no wind at all and not a cloud in the sky.  Weird weather.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

We had a bit of a storm yesterday afternoon and evening - howling wind/heavy rain and it was so cold too.   Today there is no wind at all and not a cloud in the sky.  Weird weather.

3 people killed in Melbourne last night in the storm including a 4 year old boy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I want it all, and I want it now.

Feeling very low at the moment. 

Found out yesterday my grandad has stage 4 cancer. Theres not a lot they can do for him, maybe some chemo to shrink things but not sure if that'll do him any good and itll mean shielding too.

Hes still young, expected to have many more years with him ☹️ we havent got a time frame but it wont be years. 

• Sad 11

57 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

Found out yesterday my grandad has stage 4 cancer. Theres not a lot they can do for him, maybe some chemo to shrink things but not sure if that'll do him any good and itll mean shielding too.

Hes still young, expected to have many more years with him ☹️ we havent got a time frame but it wont be years. 

So sorry to hear this. I hope you and the family are able to spend as much quality time with him as possible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Deepest sympathy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Sorry to hear that, try to make happy memories over the time you have left with him, and take lots of photos. x M

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Sorry to hear that, these things happen and make you value every day you have with those you love. Hopefully things turn out not to be as dire as you anticipate but just in case they are - (((hugs))) to you! 

• Like 2

Thank you everyone, I will be going home next week, we are celebrating his 70th birthday. I'm lucky to have made it to 29 without something like this happening in the family, so I am very grateful for the time I've had and hopefully got a bit more time. I'm gutted that I don't live closer but I will go home when I can to see him.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Thank you everyone, I will be going home next week, we are celebrating his 70th birthday. I'm lucky to have made it to 29 without something like this happening in the family, so I am very grateful for the time I've had and hopefully got a bit more time. I'm gutted that I don't live closer but I will go home when I can to see him.

Nothing worse than losing a family member for the first time. We've been blessed, lost my gorgeous, most loved Grandad when I was 21. I think of him all the time. He never met my kids. I was pregnant (unbeknownst to me) when we lost him. Miss him so.  He was only 65...seems mental as I remember him as 'old'....my Nan (his wife) is 90 next year. Thank God we've had so long with her. Best wishes and good vibes for your Grandad. 

Edited by HappyHeart
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Nothing worse than losing a family member for the first time. We've been blessed, lost my gorgeous, most loved Grandad when I was 21. I think of him all the time. He never met my kids. I was pregnant (unbeknownst to me) when we lost him. Miss him so.  He was only 65...seems mental as I remember him as 'old'....my Nan (his wife) is 90 next year. Thank God we've had so long with her. Best wishes and good vibes for your Grandad. 

Aw 😞 I'm sorry you lost your Grandad at a young age. Really is shitty. Glad your Nan is still doing good and she at least has met your children... women do seem to be the one that get to an older age.  Thanks for the wishes 🙂  appreciated.

2 minutes ago, simmo said:

Just finished day 2 of "couch to 5k" 

What day do you have to get off the couch ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Parley said:

What day do you have to get off the couch ?

3 days a week (stage one) which leaves 4 days for drinking beer and eating crisps whilst watching wheeler dealers and Aussie gold hunters.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, simmo said:

3 days a week (stage one) which leaves 4 days for drinking beer and eating crisps whilst watching wheeler dealers and Aussie gold hunters.

I used to be quite fit often doing 5k parkrun but i haven't done much for months apart from take the dog for a walk.

7 minutes ago, Parley said:

I used to be quite fit often doing 5k parkrun but i haven't done much for months apart from take the dog for a walk.

Get the trainers back out.

You need to be fit when those Chinese invade.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Parley said:

You should think about getting back to it. Good for well being too in these strange, boring times.  Get some beer and crisps in as well. Not too sure about watching those strange programmes simmo loves though!.

• Like 2

I've just walked 8.5km along the coast path with my son. He's doing a task as part of his Duke of Edinburgh award and needed to walk 20000 steps over the weekend. Gorgeous day. 21d. Time for a G&T in the backyard now. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

I've just walked 8.5km along the coast path with my son. He's doing a task as part of his Duke of Edinburgh award and needed to walk 20000 steps over the weekend. Gorgeous day. 21d. Time for a G&T in the backyard now. 

I usually walk for at least 4 miles every day but the weather was horrible today so after a shorter than usual walk with the dog I had day of reading, and had 4 friends here for lunch.  We had thick fog this morning then wind and showers plus it's cold.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toots said:

I usually walk for at least 4 miles every day but the weather was horrible today so after a shorter than usual walk with the dog I had day of reading, and had 4 friends here for lunch.  We had thick fog this morning then wind and showers plus it's cold.

3-6km is my average so 8 is a really good walk for me. You don't notice the distance when the scenery is so good though. Plus we had lunch in the middle of it 👌🙏

No idea how far I walk almost every day, doubt it’s anywhere as long as other posters, but to me the most important thing is that I get out and walk everyday, often 2 shortish walks, I enjoy the fresh air and exercise, rather than worrying about the distance. Don’t want to overdo it at my age !!! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Do you still think in miles after all this time in Australia ?