Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

31 minutes ago, simmo said:

would you say to your mum "mum, i would like you to come for dinner and meet my new partner" ?

I think if @Quokka2005 asked her mum to come to dinner to meet her new husband her mum might be miffed to have missed the wedding! 😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, simmo said:

would you say to your mum "mum, i would like you to come for dinner and meet my new partner" ?

Why do you have a problem with it simmo? 

I usually refer to my partner as my wife, but if we weren't married, I would call her my partner.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

I don't think I've ever seen a TV program made in Canada that is based in Canada.

Suits was made in Canada, but set in New York.

Schitts creek was largely Canadian, but set in the USA.

But nothing set in Canada. Strange.

6 hours ago, newjez said:

I don't think I've ever seen a TV program made in Canada that is based in Canada.

Murdoch Mysteries??

• Congratulations 1

19 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Well normally I would just say his name but not giving that out on here. 👀 

On the nursing front. I realise things might change by the time I can apply which is why im looking at going for a holiday first next year. If things dont work out there are other places to look at moving to. 

Ever been to Perth BC? Might be the safest place to come, even by next year. Be good to have a look if you've been over East before.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bulya said:

Received a phone call out of telling me I’m up for another knee replacement and booked in for a pre-op clinic this Thursday.  Not so sure I’m ready for more hospital time and months of recovery after the 18 months I’ve just experienced...  

I realise I'm so lucky to get to 66 and not have anything seriously wrong physically. Plenty of self induced injuries through doing sport, broke my ribs twice last year and they are still a bit sore now. 

I get the usual aches and pains but it's mostly because I exercise most days and I'm bound to be a bit achey first thing.

Good luck with the op Bulya, a couple of friends from the surf club have had hips, knees and shoulders done and they are all back exercising like before.

16 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

I realise I'm so lucky to get to 66 and not have anything seriously wrong physically. Plenty of self induced injuries through doing sport, broke my ribs twice last year and they are still a bit sore now. 

I get the usual aches and pains but it's mostly because I exercise most days and I'm bound to be a bit achey first thing.

Good luck with the op Bulya, a couple of friends from the surf club have had hips, knees and shoulders done and they are all back exercising like before.

Apart from an inherited heart problem I'm fine and the heart problem is monitored so I don't really think about it.  I don't take any other medication - got my own teeth, hips and knees and touch wood no aches and pains.  I did have a 'frozen shoulder' but that seems to have healed itself.  I've never broken a bone in spite of being thrown from horses over the years when younger.  I've no doubt stiffness, aches and pains will be something that's inevitable sooner or later.

• Like 2

What a mob of creaking, wheezing young whingers!😉

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, newjez said:

Why do you have a problem with it simmo? 

I usually refer to my partner as my wife, but if we weren't married, I would call her my partner.

That's great jez. I don't have a problem with that, in fact I'm very happy for you.  I used to do the same before I got married. 

I hope this clarifies things.

8 hours ago, newjez said:

'Tin Star' with Tim Roth? Caught a few episodes on a flight once upon a time and found it quite interesting. Never found my way back to it unfortunately but might look it up

• Like 1

:evilface_frowning_s

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

'Tin Star' with Tim Roth? Caught a few episodes on a flight once upon a time and found it quite interesting. Never found my way back to it unfortunately but might look it up

I watched that. It was quite good but it just got stranger and stranger and I gave up in the end. Very messed up, weird family. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simmo said:

That's great jez. I don't have a problem with that, in fact I'm very happy for you.  I used to do the same before I got married. 

I hope this clarifies things.

No not really. You seem to have an issue with it, but you're not willing to say what your issue is, and no one else will bite, so you may have to just say it mate.

Good to see you supporting the NHS btw with your avatar.

Edited by newjez

11 hours ago, newjez said:

Not a tv programme, but a full length film,  “Savage Innocents“ made in Canada and based  in Canada, about an Inuit (Anthony Quinn), who kills a missionary. It was made by Italians and French, with a nip of English.

cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

I watched that. It was quite good but it just got stranger and stranger and I gave up in the end. Very messed up, weird family. 

We watched series1 and like you say, it got stranger and stranger. We forced ourselves to watch the last couple of episodes and didn't bother with S2.

Happy Birthday Sean Connery. 90 years old.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

31 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Not a tv programme, but a full length film,  “Savage Innocents“ made in Canada and based  in Canada, about an Inuit (Anthony Quinn), who kills a missionary. It was made by Italians and French, with a nip of English.

cheers, Bobj.

That must be a bit old Bob.

6 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Ever been to Perth BC? Might be the safest place to come, even by next year. Be good to have a look if you've been over East before.

Yeah, Perth was the first place I went to when I first went to Aus! We'll be going to Queensland as it'll be August time

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Happy Birthday Sean Connery. 90 years old.

Can’t believe he is 90, time goes so fast

4 hours ago, newjez said:

No not really. You seem to have an issue with it, but you're not willing to say what your issue is, and no one else will bite, so you may have to just say it mate.

Good to see you supporting the NHS btw with your avatar.

What makes you think I have an "issue" with it? 

Of course I support the NHS but the avatar is in support of the LGBTQ community.  I have lots of gay and lesbian friends and colleagues.  I particularly like lesbians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_flag_(LGBT)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, simmo said:

What makes you think I have an "issue" with it? 

Of course I support the NHS but the avatar is in support of the LGBTQ community.  I have lots of gay and lesbian friends and colleagues.  I particularly like lesbians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_flag_(LGBT)

even the butch ones ?

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Its my Nans 89th birthday today. Just spoke to her on the phone. Its a bit tricky as she has early Alzheimer's and is deaf. She's been out to see us most years since we emigrated. Not likely to see her again. She might go to the nearby park later with her mask on if my Uncle walks her there she said. Last time she went alone she fell and cracked her head and ended up in hospital. Wont get many visitors due to Covid but my Aunty taking her for lunch tomorrow. 

When I lived there we'd do a big party for her birthday. When she came here we made a fuss of her. Last few years she's been much less vibrant and interested in life. She said she was happy today though and still reading her books and watching the soaps as it passes the time. She doesn't always bother getting dressed as seems no point. Wish I could see her today. Miss her. 

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 1

23 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Its my Nans 89th birthday today. Just spoke to her on the phone. Its a bit tricky as she has early Alzheimer's and is deaf. She's been out to see us most years since we emigrated. Not likely to see her again. She might go to the nearby park later with her mask on if my Uncle walks her there she said. Last time she went alone she fell and cracked her head and ended up in hospital. Wont get many visitors due to Covid but my Aunty taking her for lunch tomorrow. 

When I lived there we'd do a big party for her birthday. When she came here we made a fuss of her. Last few years she's been much less vibrant and interested in life. She said she was happy today though and still reading her books and watching the soaps as it passes the time. She doesn't always bother getting dressed as seems no point. Wish I could see her today. Miss her. 

Really, really sorry you not there. 

• Thanks 1