Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

6 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Well boyfriend at my age seems a bit of a younger term and we arent married so 🤣

Both terms are fine. But I bet (if we are all honest) when someone say "my partner and I" we all think about it.  No it doesn't matter but it's human nature to be curious.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, simmo said:

Both terms are fine. But I bet (if we are all honest) when someone say "my partner and I" we all think about it.  No it doesn't matter but it's human nature to be curious.  

My hubby always says it reminds him of business partners rather than a relationship. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Well normally I would just say his name but not giving that out on here. 👀 

On the nursing front. I realise things might change by the time I can apply which is why im looking at going for a holiday first next year. If things dont work out there are other places to look at moving to. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BritChickx said:

Well normally I would just say his name but not giving that out on here. 👀 

On the nursing front. I realise things might change by the time I can apply which is why im looking at going for a holiday first next year. If things dont work out there are other places to look at moving to. 

Are you looking to get a years qualified experience under you belt before moving?

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Just now, ali said:

Are you looking to get a years qualified experience under you belt before moving?

I think the minimum is 3 months for the skills assessment last time I checked? Ideally I would get a years experience yeah. Itd probably be a year or more by the time I applied and waited for it to be granted. I want to save as much as possible too so ideally get a skills assessment after 6-9 months then apply for visa. 

4 hours ago, simmo said:

I don't.....it's probably to do with your age Simmo. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Boyfriend is still fine Brit. Seems to be the modern thing to say partner now though.

When you're a bit older it sounds a bit strange to refer to your unmarried partner as 'my boyfriend/girlfriend'. Each to their own though. 

I personally use husband or hubby. I hate the term...other half. I'm.a whole person with it without him thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Received a phone call out of telling me I’m up for another knee replacement and booked in for a pre-op clinic this Thursday.  Not so sure I’m ready for more hospital time and months of recovery after the 18 months I’ve just experienced...  

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

When you're a bit older it sounds a bit strange to refer to your unmarried partner as 'my boyfriend/girlfriend'. Each to their own though. 

I personally use husband or hubby. I hate the term...other half. I'm.a whole person with it without him thanks! 

There's a whole world of inferences and innuendo that can be be imbued into certain words and phrases if you put them into certain contexts, sometimes it seems that is what Trump spends his life doing , of course it presents a fertile field for others to plough.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

This /\ I've been with my long suffering partner for more than twenty years.  Calling her girlfriend or missus, just seems derogatory - in all aspects we are a partnership..

• Like 4

I introduce my husband as my first husband, to keep him on his toes😊 worked so far it’s 50 years next month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, starlight7 said:

“ my husband and I “ sounds so, well, queenly.

"Queenly" 😂 you can't say that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Received a phone call out of telling me I’m up for another knee replacement and booked in for a pre-op clinic this Thursday.  Not so sure I’m ready for more hospital time and months of recovery after the 18 months I’ve just experienced...  

Good luck and hope it's an uneventful recovery

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Rallyman said:

On what evidence do you say this or just personal opinion? 

That was based on 393,000 Nurses (according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board) and only 8,000 Nursing graduates a year which is woefully inadequate to maintain that number of nurses - however I now see the figure of 8,000 is several years out of date but unfortunately I can't find the up to date figure anywhere. Hopefully it's been significantly increased.

PS - If you were asking about the other part of my comment that was based on a news article where the nursing union were complaining about the amount of stress their members are under due to COVID-19. I've no idea if they'll turn out to be right and obviously the union have a vested interest in claiming their members are ready to quit.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

All the best hope everything goes well xM

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ali said:

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

You have my sympathy, 

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

That was based on 393,000 Nurses (according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board) and only 8,000 Nursing graduates a year which is woefully inadequate to maintain that number of nurses - however I now see the figure of 8,000 is several years out of date but unfortunately I can't find the up to date figure anywhere. Hopefully it's been significantly increased.

PS - If you were asking about the other part of my comment that was based on a news article where the nursing union were complaining about the amount of stress their members are under due to COVID-19. I've no idea if they'll turn out to be right and obviously the union have a vested interest in claiming their members are ready to quit.

I have said previously that all medical staff will be prone to PTSD, the equivalent of 'battle fatigue ', I'm sure that output and capacity is going to be badly affected, don't  know  what capacity constraints there are in Australia  but here in UK they are just starting to offer the full range of procedures so I think we are just about to see if the workforce are capable after this, management and pollies keep on making promises but just wonder where the staff are going to come from.

Very few are going to quit as jobs are scarce but a lot of sick leave I guess

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Good luck from me, too. Hope the rehab afterwards goes well and it all works well.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

You have my sympathy, 

Ha, another querulous face simmo, having been thro a knee op I would extend my sympathy to anyone having to have one..

3 hours ago, Peach said:

This /\ I've been with my long suffering partner for more than twenty years.  Calling her girlfriend or missus, just seems derogatory - in all aspects we are a partnership..

I agree. Nothing wrong with the term partner, especially when you see yourself in a partnership with a special someone. 

• Like 2

Just tried one of my chillies.

Unbelievably hot.

Nice having a little in a cherry tomato omelette though.

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

19 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

I’ve turned into a complete crazy cat lady! I used to laugh when people said that were one but I definitely have joined 

I bought him his first costume 🙄😳

07EEBF29-EB83-42FB-90FC-30CA1FABEE70.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Congratulations 1

On 24/08/2020 at 15:15, BritChickx said:

You can stay curious then! It's my preferred term.

I usually say partner too! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

I usually say partner too! 

would you say to your mum "mum, i would like you to come for dinner and meet my new partner" ?