register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

16 hours ago, Parley said:

Four police killed tonight in a horror incident in Melbourne.

The truck driver must have fallen asleep at the wheel.  😟

Stufftif... But stood outside at 5.55 to 6.05 Amazing, the number of candles lit along our street to remember them.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4

Yes same in our street as well , with one of the residents playing last post on her bugle 

We will remember them 

• Like 3

At 7 am went for our daily walk and saw several flags on display in a couple of streets. It is good to know that Anzac Day has not been forgotten due to covid-19.

cheers, Bobj.

• Like 3

I've been getting a few cuttings of geraniums and this morning I planted them in pots, but I'm short of saucers to put under them.  I had the idea of cutting the bottoms off plastic bottles but I don't have a hacksaw.  

"I'll do it, " says the oh.  So nice of him, I thought, and went off to tidy the bedroom.  Then I walked back in and found him sawing the bottle with one of my best kitchen knives...

• Haha 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

LIttle Richard had died aged 87. 

Been thinking a lot about coming to Australia for a holiday next year. Initially I wasn't planning on it and just going when we can potentially move in a few years., but nothing is certain and it's already been so long since I was last there! My partner has never been so would be good for him to see the country before anything permanent too. So we're looking at going next Easter or Summer while I'm finishing up or finished my degree. I realise travel is a no go at the moment but hoping next year will offer some opportunity to do so.

• Like 8

RIP Jerry Stiller.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Received an e-mail from the Victoria Museum, asking if they could put one of my fish photos in their reference files. I had been asking around if anyone knew what my little fish was and the Victoria Museum came up with the consensus of opinion that it was a barred yellowtail shad; a member of the trevally family.

P1080416.JPG.ae4b8e459a258ead03cdc0430284f6bc.JPG

Odd Spot...It is considered common, but in 25 years of fishing here, it is the first time I have caught one.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 3

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

Received an e-mail from the Victoria Museum, asking if they could put one of my fish photos in their reference files. I had been asking around if anyone knew what my little fish was and the Victoria Museum came up with the consensus of opinion that it was a barred yellowtail shad; a member of the trevally family.

P1080416.JPG.ae4b8e459a258ead03cdc0430284f6bc.JPG

Odd Spot...It is considered common, but in 25 years of fishing here, it is the first time I have caught one.

Cheers, Bobj.

Fantastic

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Stufftif, but yesterday it rained on and offski all day, so I had a few hours on Google Maps and Mindat, looking around for places to fish and fossick in remote areas.

Might look at a week west of Broken Hill chasing garnets and staurolite crystals and a week around Princess Charlotte Bay, chasing barra when the Covid 19 blanket lifts.

Nice when one can dream of adventuring again...

Cheers, Bobj.

Edited by Bobj

On 18/05/2020 at 16:46, Bobj said:

Stufftif, but yesterday it rained on and offski all day, so I had a few hours on Google Maps and Mindat, looking around for places to fish and fossick in remote areas.

Might look at a week west of Broken Hill chasing garnets and staurolite crystals and a week around Princess Charlotte Bay, chasing barra when the Covid 19 blanket lifts.

Nice when one can dream of adventuring again...

Cheers, Bobj.

The young one is currently looking for places in Queensland, I don’t think he will last out until the borders open. Unless you know a back road to our special road where you left the pommy family that avoids any road blocks lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

12 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

The young one is currently looking for places in Queensland, I don’t think he will last out until the borders open. Unless you know a back road to our special road where you left the pommy family that avoids any road blocks lol. 

That, my dear lady, would be en excellent idea. Should still be amethysts there.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm hooked on wheeler dealers and outback opal hunters.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, simmo said:

I'm hooked on wheeler dealers and outback opal hunters.

I can't keep up with the names of all these new designer drugs. Are they anything like MDMA?

• Haha 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Brian May of Queen had a heart attack. I'm glad he is ok.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Parley said:

Brian May of Queen had a heart attack. I'm glad he is ok.

I saw that. He had a stent put in.  Heart attacks are more common than many realise, lots of people walking about alive today thanks to stents and many not that old.  Two people close to me are. 

6 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I saw that. He had a stent put in.  Heart attacks are more common than many realise, lots of people walking about alive today thanks to stents and many not that old.  Two people close to me are. 

How do you know if you need them ?

4 minutes ago, Parley said:

How do you know if you need them ?

You only get them if you have a heart attack.  You could occasionally get them if you’re suffering bad angina as that’s a heart attack waiting to happen but usually only when you’ve had a heart attack. They open up the blocked artery. They put a thin tube through your veins, usually from your wrist but can be from your groin and when it’s in position in the blocked archery, they push a tiny balloon through the tube and it inflates in your artery and remains there holding it open. Incredible invention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You only get them if you have a heart attack.  You could occasionally get them if you’re suffering bad angina as that’s a heart attack waiting to happen but usually only when you’ve had a heart attack. They open up the blocked artery. They put a thin tube through your veins, usually from your wrist but can be from your groin and when it’s in position in the blocked archery, they push a tiny balloon through the tube and it inflates in your artery and remains there holding it open. Incredible invention.

Funny you are talking about stents. I was rushed in for emergency surgery last Wednesday/Thursday night and ended up with a stent. I need a second op which is hopefully when my body is ready for it and that will be on Friday. The hospital were amazing, I’ve been avoiding them and my treatments. However they had me in and on the operating table within an hour. 

• Like 8

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Funny you are talking about stents. I was rushed in for emergency surgery last Wednesday/Thursday night and ended up with a stent. I need a second op which is hopefully when my body is ready for it and that will be on Friday. The hospital were amazing, I’ve been avoiding them and my treatments. However they had me in and on the operating table within an hour. 

They are amazing things. Take care and stay well.

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

On 20/05/2020 at 04:15, Bobj said:

That, my dear lady, would be en excellent idea. Should still be amethysts there.

Cheers, Bobj.

You would laugh at him @Bobj whilst in hospital he has been keeping occupied and told me he has bought shopping for the trip already 😂😂 I thought he was joking until dad told me he found a gas stove and around 50 tins of beans and spaghetti etc in the back of the 4x4 😱😱 I wouldn’t mind but he really hasn’t thought things through. Like

1) He can’t travel more than 150km

2) He hasn’t got his manual license yet so he needs to take me or go with someone else.

3)The car needs a service

4) He has no money for fuel (but that’s ok because Mum can pay 💰)

5) It’s winter

6) I won’t let him go alone and he has no one who is interested in rocks all his friends are just interested in Xbox or PlayStation 

But none of this seems to bother him or deter him, so long as he is stocked up on food 🙄🥶😳😂😂

Talking of camping was looking at these again the other day.

EB6410A4-7584-4292-8702-5EECB67F1345.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That photo, folks, is at a red garnet site 150 km NE of Alice Springs, NT.

Got that same shirt on this morning...

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2