and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

19 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'm feeling really worried right now.

My niece is a single Mum living in outer London.   She can work from home, so a  couple of weeks ago, she decided to move up to Scotland with her little boy, to stay with her Mum (my sister) for the lockdown.

Last night, my niece and her little boy both came down with a fever, nausea and diarrhea.  

I'm not fretting too much about her, because she and her son are young and healthy.   However my sister is 70. She has asthma, she has had two heart attacks and is on the waiting list for a pacemaker.  If she's caught it - which I'd say is very likely as she would've been playing with her grandson non-stop -  I will be very surprised if she makes it. 

Life is so unfair.  My sister is a lovely person, by far the best of the bunch in our family.  She's been so selfless, caring and hard-working all her life, and her pig of a husband has made her life a misery at times.  Of all the people in the world, she deserves to have a restful and happy old age.  

Fingers crossed your niece and her little boy have a common tummy virus.  Let us know how they feel in a few days.  Hopefully your sister will be safe.  

• Like 1

On 24/3/2020 at 07:24, simmo said:

The Mrs is coping well and returning to work tomorrow. The kids are bored but in good health. 

My dad thank goodness is ok and has been calling me every day to check on me which is a complete role reversal. His multiple myeloma puts him on the high risk list and he seems to be taking it seriously.

Stay safe.

Many more men afflicted with this than women, higher death rate amongst men also and that is official so none of this manflu

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from Tootsie since January?

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

3 hours ago, tonyman said:

Has anyone heard from Tootsie since January?

You still hoping for that tonguey she promised you ?

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

You still hoping for that tonguey she promised you ?
.. You got a good memory pal, no I just find it strange that she has disappeared!!!
  • Like 1

Also hope Tink is ok, has anyone heard from her?

Stay safe Tink if you read this xM

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ramot said:

Also hope Tink is ok, has anyone heard from her?

Stay safe Tink if you read this xM

She has been on quite recently.

@Skani where are you ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/03/2020 at 09:20, Bulya said:

David Marr thinks Pell will be let out on a technicality.  Sad result   

George Pell is to be released, if not already released, His conviction has been quashed by a unanimous decision of the 7 high court judges in the High Court, on the basis that the single witness was found to be unreliable and therefore there was insignificant evidence to justify the decision of the Victorian Court.

That is the end of the matter. No further appeals are available.

Edited by Dusty Plains

1 hour ago, Dusty Plains said:

George Pell is to be released, if not already released, His conviction has been quashed by a unanimous decision of the 7 high court judges in the High Court, on the basis that the single witness was found to be unreliable and therefore there was insignificant evidence to justify the decision of the Victorian Court.

it isn’t the end.  Two new accusers spoke up last week, and additional civil cases are due.  The scum will pay!

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

it isn’t the end.  Two new accusers spoke up last week, and additional civil cases are due.  The scum will pay!

Yes apparently there may be a civil action to follow.

6 hours ago, Dusty Plains said:

I dare say it is, however there will always be doubt in the minds of many people.

• Like 1

Is anyone rinsing there rice more than usual these days?

9 hours ago, tonyman said:

I don't rinse it at all.

10 hours ago, tonyman said:

No more than usual.

Dont eat rice, never liked it.

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

A big fire a few streets from me yesterday.   A house literally blew up!    I was washing up and looking out the kitchen window when it happened.... explosion closely followed by flames and horrendous thick acrid smoke.   Nothng on the news about it and when us locals wandered up the road to see what was gooing on, the cops sent us all away.  One of the locals said it was a house full of "dodgy tenants", so guessing it might have been a meth lab house.   Sadly though it took out most of the house next door also.   

And apart from that excitement, life is pretty boring for me and the woofer, apart from our daily walks before anyone else gets out of bed.!

• Like 2

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

My boy has been working hard, putting long hours in and with the closure of bars/clubs has had nowhere to spend his money.  It's meant his car fund had grown significantly and today he made his first adult purchase and bought himself a car.  He's so pleased with himself for having saved and said last night was like Xmas Eve he was so excited about going to pick it up after work.  

• Like 8

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

8 hours ago, ali said:

My boy has been working hard, putting long hours in and with the closure of bars/clubs has had nowhere to spend his money.  It's meant his car fund had grown significantly and today he made his first adult purchase and bought himself a car.  He's so pleased with himself for having saved and said last night was like Xmas Eve he was so excited about going to pick it up after work.  

Tell us about the car please 

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Tell us about the car please 

I am a typical girl when it comes to cars Bulya - but I can tell you it's a Golf GTI and it's black.

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

53 minutes ago, ali said:

I am a typical girl when it comes to cars Bulya - but I can tell you it's a Golf GTI and it's black.

Interesting!

thanks

Just had one of those husband and wife conversations

Me.                  I’ve just had a brain freeze after drinking a cold jakult      (A yoghurt drink)

Husband.        Oh I had one of those recently

Me.                  That’s because you eat so much ice cream 

Husband.         No I meant I had a jakult 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ramot said:

Just had one of those husband and wife conversations

Me.                  I’ve just had a brain freeze after drinking a cold jakult      (A yoghurt drink)

Husband.        Oh I had one of those recently

Me.                  That’s because you eat so much ice cream 

Husband.         No I meant I had a jakult 

If I was your husband I would point out it is spelled Yakult.

26 minutes ago, Parley said:

If I was your husband I would point out it is spelled Yakult.

You’ll laugh I went and checked the spelling and must have had another brain freeze!!! I so carefully spelt it wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Four police killed tonight in a horror incident in Melbourne.

• Sad 5