register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, Quokka2005 said:

I was so confused at first lol I don’t think I’ll be letting him in my bedroom 😆

He’ll probably just spend the night scratching the door and mewling! 😂

Mine stopped the swatting me thing after a while of me shoving him away and ignoring him. Employ positive parenting techniques, “ignore the bad behaviour, reward the good”. Seemed to work. 
Enjoy your cat, mine is my first cat after years of dogs and I’m rather taken with him! 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

George the cat kept me up loads of last night. He woke me up at 3am by poking my face with his paw 😆

He sounds more demanding than a man!

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I ended up trying to hide under the covers haha. It’s actually really funny now but I wasn’t amused at the time lol. He’s just too cute to be annoyed at though! Hopefully after a few nights he’ll settle down.  He actually did do pretty well yesterday, didn’t think he would come near me at all

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I’ll go crazy between him slapping me and my boyfriend snoring when he stays! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you let a cat sleep all day they will want to be up and out all night.

They are nocturnal by nature.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

If you let a cat sleep all day they will want to be up and out all night.

They are nocturnal by nature.

He didn’t go to sleep at all yesterday.  I’ve been sleepover at work tonight so he’s been on his own, I feel so guilty. Think I’m going to get a pet sitter to go in and play/check on him when I’m on these shifts 

• Like 1

IKNOWC but I went for a walk this morning at 7:30 and home at 8:45, Just made scrambled eggs and get a phone call 9:15 telling us that our flight from Canberra to Melbourne has been cancelled and they had us on a plane leaving Canberra at 11:00, be at the airport 10:15. Budget 30 mins to drive to the airport (much less in reality thank goodness). Need to shower, dress and pack everything!!! I have to say that was amongst the most frantic 30 minutes of my life. Neither of us was packed (we had another 3  hours to do that!!!) but we got it done, the DS drove us to the airport and we were there in time for coffee. Now a long wait in Melbourne for the flight to Perth and then direct to London.

Yes, I cried at leaving the grandkids - being an international grandparent is an absolute bugger no matter what anyone says! but on the plus side both of the girls can now knit (one of them does it very well!) and one of them has really taken off with crochet (she will be better than me in no time!). 

on the plus side, I won’t have to wear a mask to walk in any more!!!!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

I didn’t cry when I said goodbye to our 2 grandsons after their visit here for daughter’s wedding and their first and probably only Christmas with us. I don’t know why I didn’t, probably thought it would spoil our last lovely day together? No idea when we will see them again, both you and I and others know how hard it is to have long distance grandchildren, but that’s life. Sometimes worry I don’t love them enough? You are lucky though to have grandchildren in both countries.

Change of subject, have a safe flight back, hope it all goes well for you in Cambridge, and the house sale goes through.

all the best xM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quoll said:

IKNOWC but I went for a walk this morning at 7:30 and home at 8:45, Just made scrambled eggs and get a phone call 9:15 telling us that our flight from Canberra to Melbourne has been cancelled and they had us on a plane leaving Canberra at 11:00, be at the airport 10:15. Budget 30 mins to drive to the airport (much less in reality thank goodness). Need to shower, dress and pack everything!!! I have to say that was amongst the most frantic 30 minutes of my life. Neither of us was packed (we had another 3  hours to do that!!!) but we got it done, the DS drove us to the airport and we were there in time for coffee. Now a long wait in Melbourne for the flight to Perth and then direct to London.

Yes, I cried at leaving the grandkids - being an international grandparent is an absolute bugger no matter what anyone says! but on the plus side both of the girls can now knit (one of them does it very well!) and one of them has really taken off with crochet (she will be better than me in no time!). 

on the plus side, I won’t have to wear a mask to walk in any more!!!!

Have t required a mask for over a week.  You missed the bad stuff 

A woman has died during an Australia Day lamington eating competition in South East Queensland.

The woman, aged in her 60s, was taking part in the event at the Beach House Hotel at Scarness in Hervey Bay at 2:00pm yesterday when she had a seizurge.

Those awful eating competitions should be banned.  It's disgusting that it even attracts an audience.  Who really wants to watch people shoving loads of pies/burgers/sausages into their gobs.  🤢

Edited by Toots
  • Like 6

On 26/01/2020 at 08:05, ramot said:

Had a really bad night for some reason, reckon I finally went to sleep at about 5.30. Woken at 6.30 by a neighbour using a strimmer on his garden edges, followed by mowing till about 7.15! Not amused on any day, but thought it was against the local bylaws to make a noise before 8.00 on a Sunday? He has never done anything like this ever before, bit odd. I will probably be grumpy all day.

We had our Australian Day  street get together this afternoon.We weren’t the only ones who were annoyed, and although the ribbing was ‘light hearted’  he got the message!!!!!!!! 

One of our neighbours is 91, and she is an interesting person. I knew she had been a stewardess in the early days of commercial flying, but learnt today that she had been the face of TAA, appearing on TV in her uniform trying to encourage more women to fly as passengers, as it was so male oriented. She also had a pilots licence, when it was unusual for a woman to be a pilot in those days in Australia.

In our Probus group members give a short presentation of their life story, and you learn that so many people have led interesting lives, so different from your own, some so brave in the war, but so humble. Some stories might be quite ordinary in some ways, but just as interesting because of different backgrounds, it was tough for many of the women living out west in Qld.but they are strong women. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You need a new man

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

Have t required a mask for over a week.  You missed the bad stuff 

No, I copped that early on in our trip and it stopped me walking up Mt  Ainslie for several days . It was higher this morning when I walked out but I got fed up with the damned thing after a mile and took it off! There was a bloke wearing one on the plane from Melbourne to Perth - wonder if he’s going on to London with it!

Iknwc but , great to see so many old posters hope life’s good , tink X 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Tink said:

Hope all is well with you Tink.

xx

8 minutes ago, Tink said:

More worried about you than me. Please let us know you are ok Tink. PM if you prefer. xM

3 hours ago, Parley said:

You need a new man

I don’t have a man! I must have been thinking of distant memories. 

• Like 1

The cancer curer reached Melbourne safe and well.... Watch this space.....

Well, he knows the guy who knows the cure. Problem is, hitch hiking is a dangerous activity. He could have an asio accident.
Incidentally, the Australian government have managed to suppress the blush wood fruit by licensing it in Europe. Sort of hiding it in plain sight. Cunning plan.
  • Like 3

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

I hope I die eating curry......... A fantastic last supper that would be for me....... In great company of course......

A woman has died during an Australia Day lamington eating competition in South East Queensland.
The woman, aged in her 60s, was taking part in the event at the Beach House Hotel at Scarness in Hervey Bay at 2:00pm yesterday when she had a seizurge.
Those awful eating competitions should be banned.  It's disgusting that it even attracts an audience.  Who really wants to watch people shoving loads of pies/burgers/sausages into their gobs.  
  • Like 1

Stick around Tink..... I'm back for a while X

18 minutes ago, tonyman said:

The cancer curer reached Melbourne safe and well.... Watch this space.....

Better than Netflix. Keep us updated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Trust me.... I could write a book about this guy...... He is a Desendant to Jesus..... Also one of the God's .....7ft giants were common ......there was a space ship around during the biblical period and it's still knocking around in space...... Mother Mary was a prostitute...... All this is supposed to be true...... Plus lots more.......

Better than Netflix. Keep us updated.

5 minutes ago, tonyman said:

Trust me.... I could write a book about this guy...... He is a Desendant to Jesus..... Also one of the God's .....7ft giants were common ......there was a space ship around during the biblical period and it's still knocking around in space...... Mother Mary was a prostitute...... All this is supposed to be true...... Plus lots more.......

Is he onto something?

• Haha 1

Just had the quickest haircut ever.  I feel slightly disappointed. It was all over too soon. Premature even.

• Like 1

Actually he is, I'd love ti get him on here, he would Illuminate the place........

Is he onto something?
  • Like 1