Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Toots said:

We are off to a Burns supper tonight to celebrate the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns.  I haven't been to one since I was a school girl.  We received an invite to tonight's do so we'll see how it goes.  I used to be able to recite quite a few of Burns' poems and I think I can remember some of them.  I'll be giving the haggis a miss but there is tipsy laird  - (a sort of trifle containing Drambuie) for dessert and a cheeseboard with bannocks (oatcakes) all accompanied by a few glasses of Scotch.  😀  I better line my stomach before we go.

You have to try it all @Toots it sounds a lovely night, have fun. my MIL loves her drambuie 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

@newjez is that sugar and salt taken together or either one of them. 

I wouldn't like to be close by if you took them together. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Just bought a Haggis from a Scottish butcher in Nairne (SA) not Scotland!  Love it, not overly fussed about neeps and tatties with it though, just a plate of mushy food (although tasty). I split mine up (it freezes well). Then stuff chicken (or pheasant if I can get it), make filo parcels, or just patties to fry with eggs.  My Aussie neighbour has never had it so I promised to give him some too, hope he doesn’t ask what is in it.

 

 

I really enjoyed the evening   .............  even the neeps and tatties  ............  everyone had the haggis except me but I thoroughly enjoyed everything else on offer.  😁

How did your neighbour get on with what you did with the haggis?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only bought it today. Will make up some patties to have with his eggs from the other neighbours chooks I think. We will see. I promised him a loaf of bread too so will bake tomorrow and take it round. 
He usually supplies us with home grown veggies but has been too ill this year to plant up. We have lovely neighbours who all do their own thing and share. Preserves ( often made from the neighbours produce), fruit, veg, Plants etc.  A real community. 

  • Like 3

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Only bought it today. Will make up some patties to have with his eggs from the other neighbours chooks I think. We will see. I promised him a loaf of bread too so will bake tomorrow and take it round. 
He usually supplies us with home grown veggies but has been too ill this year to plant up. We have lovely neighbours who all do their own thing and share. Preserves ( often made from the neighbours produce), fruit, veg, Plants etc.  A real community. 

Same here.  😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a really bad night for some reason, reckon I finally went to sleep at about 5.30. Woken at 6.30 by a neighbour using a strimmer on his garden edges, followed by mowing till about 7.15! Not amused on any day, but thought it was against the local bylaws to make a noise before 8.00 on a Sunday? He has never done anything like this ever before, bit odd. I will probably be grumpy all day.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ramot said:

Had a really bad night for some reason, reckon I finally went to sleep at about 5.30. Woken at 6.30 by a neighbour using a strimmer on his garden edges, followed by mowing till about 7.15! Not amused on any day, but thought it was against the local bylaws to make a noise before 8.00 on a Sunday? He has never done anything like this ever before, bit odd. I will probably be grumpy all day.

That’s really disrespectful. Who in their right mind would be making a noise at that hour. I’d have said something 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ramot said:

Had a really bad night for some reason, reckon I finally went to sleep at about 5.30. Woken at 6.30 by a neighbour using a strimmer on his garden edges, followed by mowing till about 7.15! Not amused on any day, but thought it was against the local bylaws to make a noise before 8.00 on a Sunday? He has never done anything like this ever before, bit odd. I will probably be grumpy all day.

It's no noise 'til 9 am here on a Sunday.  

Have a nanna nap this afternoon Ramot.  I had one for a couple of hours yesterday.  I had been busy since 6 am so just closed my eyes for what I thought would be 10 minutes or so and conked out for just over 2 hours.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

That’s really disrespectful. Who in their right mind would be making a noise at that hour. I’d have said something 

It’s so out of character, I just can’t make sense of it. There are only 7 houses in our crescent and we don’t bother each other, in the nicest sense. Might be brave enough to mention it tomorrow at our Australia Day get together? 

Mind you if I had gone out in my nightwear he would have stopped from shock. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Toots said:

We are off to a Burns supper tonight to celebrate the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns.  I haven't been to one since I was a school girl.  We received an invite to tonight's do so we'll see how it goes.  I used to be able to recite quite a few of Burns' poems and I think I can remember some of them.  I'll be giving the haggis a miss but there is tipsy laird  - (a sort of trifle containing Drambuie) for dessert and a cheeseboard with bannocks (oatcakes) all accompanied by a few glasses of Scotch.  😀  I better line my stomach before we go.

Our friend has done a few Burns nights but not for a couple of years, she's announced she'd doing one next year - we love it.

  • Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Only bought it today. Will make up some patties to have with his eggs from the other neighbours chooks I think. We will see. I promised him a loaf of bread too so will bake tomorrow and take it round. 
He usually supplies us with home grown veggies but has been too ill this year to plant up. We have lovely neighbours who all do their own thing and share. Preserves ( often made from the neighbours produce), fruit, veg, Plants etc.  A real community. 

Yummy sounds great. I wonder why you don’t get Scottish Bars that serve home cooked food. The Irish Bars are always packed.


If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ramot said:

Had a really bad night for some reason, reckon I finally went to sleep at about 5.30. Woken at 6.30 by a neighbour using a strimmer on his garden edges, followed by mowing till about 7.15! Not amused on any day, but thought it was against the local bylaws to make a noise before 8.00 on a Sunday? He has never done anything like this ever before, bit odd. I will probably be grumpy all day.

Oh no @ramot so sorry, not what you want. You could have come and chat with me and @Bobj .  If it’s unusual behaviour maybe it’s a one off and he had bad news or something on his mind and it was his way of holding his emotions together.  Do you get along with him? If so you could try and catch him outside one day this week and say “were you Ok on Australia Day, I heard you outside at 06.30 and it’s not like you” 

  • Haha 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Oh no @ramot so sorry, not what you want. You could have come and chat with me and @Bobj .  If it’s unusual behaviour maybe it’s a one off and he had bad news or something on his mind and it was his way of holding his emotions together.  Do you get along with him? If so you could try and catch him outside one day this week and say “were you Ok on Australia Day, I heard you outside at 06.30 and it’s not like you” 

Having our Australian Day together tomorrow. Would like my husband to say something like, not too sure about my early morning alarm/wake up yesterday. It’s best I keep quiet, might say too much, has been known. 

Honestly with so few houses here we really all do The neighbourly thing, support each other, but live separate lives, so will have to decide if it was only a once off, perhaps not to rock the boat?

Should have checked who else was awake.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there ain't half some miserable old gits about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ramot said:

Having our Australian Day together tomorrow. Would like my husband to say something like, not too sure about my early morning alarm/wake up yesterday. It’s best I keep quiet, might say too much, has been known. 

Honestly with so few houses here we really all do The neighbourly thing, support each other, but live separate lives, so will have to decide if it was only a once off, perhaps not to rock the boat?

Should have checked who else was awake.

I'd recommend pretending you don't know who it was. At the get together ask them if they were woken up by some inconsiderate b****rd and ask them if they know who it might have been!

  • Like 4

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George the cat kept me up loads of last night. He woke me up at 3am by poking my face with his paw 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

George the cat kept me up loads of last night. He woke me up at 3am by poking my face with his paw 😆

Yes, they’re adorable when they do that! You’ll eventually forget what it’s like to be woken up any other way....🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so confused at first lol I don’t think I’ll be letting him in my bedroom 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stuck my cordless screwdriver into my index finger. Not a drama. Savalon and a band aid. But it's the finger I use to unlock my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, newjez said:

Just stuck my cordless screwdriver into my index finger. Not a drama. Savalon and a band aid. But it's the finger I use to unlock my phone.

And the Darwin award goes to........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, simmo said:

And the Darwin award goes to........

If you work with your hands you expect to cut them occasionally. 

Don't be a knob simmo. It's unbecoming.

Edited by newjez
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newjez said:

If you work with your hands you expect to cut them occasionally. I normally wear builders gloves, but I couldn't get a decent hold on the screw. I take it you've never cut your hands?

I can see it now.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simmo said:

I can see it now.😂

Bye. You're obviously having one of your days.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, newjez said:

Bye. You're obviously having one of your days.

Did you miss your nap or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I just watch 2 geezers dancing together on dancing with ice? 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×