register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

46 minutes ago, Toots said:

Drink plenty of water and eat your 5 pieces of fruit a day and you'll be as right as rain. 😁

6 hours ago, simmo said:

Being healthy is not all its cracked up to be.  I've given up booze on weekdays, eat wheatabix and banana for breakfast and don't eat sweets (at all). In return I'm constipated except for a handful of hard pebbles.  I used to be like clockwork.

Try all bran !! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

I’ve just signed up for the 5k cancer race for life in my uncles name. He died on the 27th of lung cancer. Me and his daughter are going to do it, we aren’t fit at all but we’re going to try and run/shuffle as much as we can 😂.  I’ve downloaded the couch to 5k app so we’ll see how I get on.  I joined the gym last week and I’ve got a personal trainer too. But I’m just doing so bad at the eating part. Need to staple my mouth shut 😆

Make sure to do a just giving thing.  Lots of rich generous people on PIO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramot said:

Try all bran !! 

Isn't that more or less wat wheatabix is?

Maybe it's the banana

9 minutes ago, simmo said:

Maybe it's the banana

Sugar, and salt will pull water into the gut and relieve constipation.

If you want to reduce your sugar you need to drink a lot more water.

• Like 2

Get more fibre. Have more Weet-bix with low fat milk.

I usually have 2 bowls of 4 weet-bix when I am hungry. And it does get things moving along nicely.

Also try and buy things that have less than 10% sugars.

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Maybe it's the banana

It won’t be the banana, don’t stop that as they’re so good for you.  Up your fibre and fruit and make sure you’re eating and drinking enough.  Prunes are good if you can stand them but not too many or you’ll have the opposite problem. Reckon your body is missing it’s sweets 😉

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Get more fibre. Have more Weet-bix with low fat milk.

I usually have 2 bowls of 4 weet-bix when I am hungry. And it does get things moving along nicely.

Also try and buy things that have less than 10% sugars.

8 weetabix? I love weetabix but I’d never manage 8. At least you’ll never have simmos problem I guess 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, simmo said:

Make sure to do a just giving thing.  Lots of rich generous people on PIO

So can I put you down for £30? 😂 

I’ve got my page from cancer research charity, anything that’s donated goes straight to them. Not sure if I’m allowed to put it up on here.  Mods? 

Todays first day of couch to 5k has been rescheduled till tomorrow 🙄  

I might give a fiver.  I just gave someone at work a 20 £ and 2 homeless blokes £10 of breakfast in MacDonald s this morning. My Mrs gave me a right bollocking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quokka2005 said:

So can I put you down for £30? 😂 

I’ve got my page from cancer research charity, anything that’s donated goes straight to them. Not sure if I’m allowed to put it up on here.  Mods? 

Todays first day of couch to 5k has been rescheduled till tomorrow 🙄  

I've got a standing order for cancer research, but if you post a link we can always give more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

I've got a standing order for cancer research, but if you post a link we can always give more.

Tonyman knows the cure ?

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

14 minutes ago, Parley said:

Tonyman knows the cure ?

Well, he knows the guy who knows the cure. Problem is, hitch hiking is a dangerous activity. He could have an asio accident.

Incidentally, the Australian government have managed to suppress the blush wood fruit by licensing it in Europe. Sort of hiding it in plain sight. Cunning plan.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, simmo said:

Are the pet shop boys gay?

Does it matter?

4 hours ago, simmo said:

Do women in the Kennedy family own black dresses??

Yes on both counts

• Haha 1

We are off to a Burns supper tonight to celebrate the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns.  I haven't been to one since I was a school girl.  We received an invite to tonight's do so we'll see how it goes.  I used to be able to recite quite a few of Burns' poems and I think I can remember some of them.  I'll be giving the haggis a miss but there is tipsy laird  - (a sort of trifle containing Drambuie) for dessert and a cheeseboard with bannocks (oatcakes) all accompanied by a few glasses of Scotch.  😀  I better line my stomach before we go.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, simmo said:

It's never really come up in conversation. I only go there for seed for my bird feeders. Now maybe if I owned a gerbil...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Toots said:

We are off to a Burns supper tonight to celebrate the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns.  I haven't been to one since I was a school girl.  We received an invite to tonight's do so we'll see how it goes.  I used to be able to recite quite a few of Burns' poems and I think I can remember some of them.  I'll be giving the haggis a miss but there is tipsy laird  - (a sort of trifle containing Drambuie) for dessert and a cheeseboard with bannocks (oatcakes) all accompanied by a few glasses of Scotch.  😀  I better line my stomach before we go.

@Toots, My dear old Mum used to love going to Burns Suppers when she was alive. And, no, she was a Yorkshire girl through and through.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 3

Just bought a Haggis from a Scottish butcher in Nairne (SA) not Scotland!  Love it, not overly fussed about neeps and tatties with it though, just a plate of mushy food (although tasty). I split mine up (it freezes well). Then stuff chicken (or pheasant if I can get it), make filo parcels, or just patties to fry with eggs.  My Aussie neighbour has never had it so I promised to give him some too, hope he doesn’t ask what is in it.

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 2

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

7 hours ago, Bulya said:

Does it matter?

Settle down grumpy, it was only a question. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, simmo said:

Settle down grumpy, it was only a question. 

A dumb question 

On 24/01/2020 at 08:45, Quokka2005 said:

I’ve just signed up for the 5k cancer race for life in my uncles name. He died on the 27th of lung cancer. Me and his daughter are going to do it, we aren’t fit at all but we’re going to try and run/shuffle as much as we can 😂.  I’ve downloaded the couch to 5k app so we’ll see how I get on.  I joined the gym last week and I’ve got a personal trainer too. But I’m just doing so bad at the eating part. Need to staple my mouth shut 😆

Sure, good luck

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 24/01/2020 at 08:46, Quokka2005 said:

Oh and now I FINALLY have my own place I can get a pet...    this is George who is coming to live with me, he arrives on Saturday 😍

1FF23103-9858-4927-B7C9-45B4D6E13BC4.png

Finally, I’m so happy for you. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 24/01/2020 at 15:09, newjez said:

Sugar, and salt will pull water into the gut and relieve constipation.

If you want to reduce your sugar you need to drink a lot more water.

@newjez is that sugar and salt taken together or either one of them. 

On 24/01/2020 at 16:50, Tulip1 said:

It won’t be the banana, don’t stop that as they’re so good for you.  Up your fibre and fruit and make sure you’re eating and drinking enough.  Prunes are good if you can stand them but not too many or you’ll have the opposite problem. Reckon your body is missing it’s sweets 😉

Pear Juice also