message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Very sorry to read that about your little friend @simmo

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

5 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

If you ever have the misfortune to develop one you would always warn anyone with the  symptoms to check afterwards, 9 months of warfarin and compression stocking is to be avoided.

Just googled it and they do look similar.

Would a DVT stop when you stretch it out?

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

If it’s still bad you could ring 111,  may be worth it to put your mind at rest.

5 hours ago, simmo said:

I my little dog suddenly came over I'll last night, cramping and floppy this morning she was having seizures and eyes rolling back in her head. Rushed her to the vet where they gave her pain relief but she was not responding to anything.
We were advised and agreed to have her put to sleep.
RIP Bobbie.
IMG_20200108_164031.jpegbobs.jpeg

Your boys will be so upset about Bobbie  ............  and of course you and your wife.  It's awful when a much loved pet dies.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Is it still painful , the ultra sound operative said it was a dvt before she did the check, she said the giveaway was a raised temperature around the area of it, in my case it was in the thigh and it was noticeably hot.

I did qualify it by saying was it still painful, with mine the pain reduced when I moved around but my leg was by then inflamed..

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, simmo said:

I my little dog suddenly came over I'll last night, cramping and floppy this morning she was having seizures and eyes rolling back in her head. Rushed her to the vet where they gave her pain relief but she was not responding to anything.
RIP Bobbie.

A lovely looking dog Simmo, so sorry to hear this. We love our pets so much. xM

Sorry to hear about your loss of Bobbie Simmo........ive been there too pal....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

8 hours ago, Toots said:

Your boys will be so upset about Bobbie  ............  and of course you and your wife.  It's awful when a much loved pet dies.  

Absolutely devastated.  They have grown up with her. 

It hit home when I took my socks off last night and she wasn't there to run off with them.  It was a bit of a ritual.  

For a little dog she has left a massive hole.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, simmo said:

RIP Bobbie.

Sad to hear about the loss of the family pet - it's heartbreaking when we lose such loyal companions 

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Absolutely devastated.  They have grown up with her. 

It hit home when I took my socks off last night and she wasn't there to run off with them.  It was a bit of a ritual.  

For a little dog she has left a massive hole.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Sorry to hear this Simmo.   Never an easy time when a fluffy family member crosses Rainbow Bridge.

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

First quick break after the devastation of today’s midday storm.  Nearly every vehicle in the storm area is disabled.  Collected sick daughter from work earlier and we managed to keep the water at bay.  Built a towel dam at the front door as the water rose over the sill as the hail and vegetation blocked the drain. Our fantastic garden, wife’s pride and joy has basically disappeared, yet for reasons nobody can fathom, our old Falcon wagon tow car, didn’t have any smashed windows.  Bodywork has had it though.  

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/11882472

• Like 1

On 20/01/2020 at 02:11, simmo said:

RIP Bobbie.
bobs.jpeg

I’m so sorry to hear this Simmo. They are part of the family.  Huge hugs xxx

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

8 hours ago, Bulya said:

First quick break after the devastation of today’s midday storm.  Nearly every vehicle in the storm area is disabled.  Collected sick daughter from work earlier and we managed to keep the water at bay.  Built a towel dam at the front door as the water rose over the sill as the hail and vegetation blocked the drain. Our fantastic garden, wife’s pride and joy has basically disappeared, yet for reasons nobody can fathom, our old Falcon wagon tow car, didn’t have any smashed windows.  Bodywork has had it though.  

Sorry to hear Bulya. The weather is giving us all a run for our money.  Hope it hasn’t caused too much damage 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

10 hours ago, Bulya said:

Ouch! Heard it was bad out in Belconnen. It looked blacker than the ace of spades when it was over there.

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Sorry to hear Bulya. The weather is giving us all a run for our money.  Hope it hasn’t caused too much damage 

Wondering where to start cleaning up?  The tress are nearly stripped bare and it’s now on the ground.  Need to get up on the roof if I can and see if there’s any damage.  Heard on the radio that 90% of the CSIRO’s Black Mountain greenhouses were destroyed.  

• Sad 1

Went to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood today. It’s based on a true story. I loved it, was worried my husband didn’t but he really enjoyed it as well. It’s a strange film in some ways, it’s a very gentle film for most of the time, Tom Hanks is such a good character actor, you could hardly keep your eyes off him, he was almost mesmerising. I know it sounds daft, but I felt very calm after watching it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ramot said:

Went to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood today. It’s based on a true story. I loved it, was worried my husband didn’t but he really enjoyed it as well. It’s a strange film in some ways, it’s a very gentle film for most of the time, Tom Hanks is such a good character actor, you could hardly keep your eyes off him, he was almost mesmerising. I know it sounds daft, but I felt very calm after watching it.

He is my favourite actor, so talented 

Being healthy is not all its cracked up to be.  I've given up booze on weekdays, eat wheatabix and banana for breakfast and don't eat sweets (at all). In return I'm constipated except for a handful of hard pebbles.  I used to be like clockwork.

• Haha 5

I’ve just signed up for the 5k cancer race for life in my uncles name. He died on the 27th of lung cancer. Me and his daughter are going to do it, we aren’t fit at all but we’re going to try and run/shuffle as much as we can 😂.  I’ve downloaded the couch to 5k app so we’ll see how I get on.  I joined the gym last week and I’ve got a personal trainer too. But I’m just doing so bad at the eating part. Need to staple my mouth shut 😆

• Like 6

Oh and now I FINALLY have my own place I can get a pet...    this is George who is coming to live with me, he arrives on Saturday 😍

1FF23103-9858-4927-B7C9-45B4D6E13BC4.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Quokka2005 said:

Oh and now I FINALLY have my own place I can get a pet...    this is George who is coming to live with me, he arrives on Saturday 😍

1FF23103-9858-4927-B7C9-45B4D6E13BC4.png

Enjoy your new home, George looks a lovely cat. xM

• Like 1

Thanks, not had much last year with the home, that’s why it took me so long to get a cat lol. Fingers crossed that’s everything settled now.  Hopefully he likes his new home and doesn’t miss his old owner too much after a while! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, simmo said:

Being healthy is not all its cracked up to be.  I've given up booze on weekdays, eat wheatabix and banana for breakfast and don't eat sweets (at all). In return I'm constipated except for a handful of hard pebbles.  I used to be like clockwork.

Drink plenty of water and eat your 5 pieces of fruit a day and you'll be as right as rain. 😁

• Like 1

Offered my services to people putting together  bushfire recovery packs for horses.  Currently bagging loose magnesium powder and there’s plenty going up the nose. I hope it’s not detrimental... 

• Like 1