You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

I'm sure he will have something nice planned for you, good blokes never let our loved ones down....... B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅ ][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̅̅Y̅

Aww thank you.  I'm usually away for my birthday and basically organise my own celebration.  With having Christmas off (had to take my long service leave), we're at home and hubby is taking me out to lunch - not sure where yet and he normally isn't the organiser so i'm a little excited and apprehensive - having to let go of the reins on this one lol.
  • Like 2

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

16 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Enjoy your day!

Thanks Bulya 

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

6 hours ago, tonyman said:

Happy Birthday Ali...…..have a lovely day x

Happy birthday to my favourite moderator @ali 🥰

Don't worry Cal, you're also my favourite.😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ali said:

Aww thank you.  I'm usually away for my birthday and basically organise my own celebration.  With having Christmas off (had to take my long service leave), we're at home and hubby is taking me out to lunch - not sure where yet and he normally isn't the organiser so i'm a little excited and apprehensive - having to let go of the reins on this one lol.

Happy Birthday Ali. x

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Just about to check the www for discussion points. Brb

• Like 1

Hope you had a lovely time Ali, Im sure he did you proud ,let us all know.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Had a massive cramp in my calf at 5:30 this morning. Ripped me out of sleep. Still hurts. Couldn't go back to sleep 'cos I knew it would go again.

No one up, so thought I'd waste time on here.

But it's a beautiful day, so I think I'll go for a run through the daffs in full bloom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, newjez said:

Had a massive cramp in my calf at 5:30 this morning. Ripped me out of sleep. Still hurts. Couldn't go back to sleep 'cos I knew it would go again.

But it's a beautiful day, so I think I'll go for a run through the daffs in full bloom.

Try taking magnesium supplements.  They worked really well for my OH.

27 minutes ago, newjez said:

Don't forget to admire the budding magnolias as well. 😉

12 minutes ago, Toots said:

Bananas?

2 hours ago, newjez said:

Glad you have realised the stupidity of your previous post 😂  I love your sense of humour.

16 hours ago, simmo said:

Happy birthday to my favourite moderator @ali 🥰

Don't worry Cal, you're also my favourite.😘

Thanks simmo

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Thanks all for the birthday messages - my hubby took me to a winery for lunch, my son bought me earrings (which he had been desperate to give me the day before as he'd chosen them himself), my daughter and her boyfriend arrived home from the States so I had a lovely day.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, newjez said:

Tis it still painful, if it is just check whether the area is hot, if it is consider a DVT, CAUGHT OUT BY THE SAME SYMPTONS SOME TIME BACK

• Like 2

13 hours ago, newjez said:

Bananas?

Yes that too.  OH has one every day at breakfast.  He hasn't had cramp since and that was about 4 years ago.

14 hours ago, Toots said:

I take the Costco Calcium Magnesium & Vitamin D combo tablet daily.  I don’t get the cramps I used to 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simmo said:

Glad you have realised the stupidity of your previous post 😂  I love your sense of humour.

Stupid is as stupid does

Went for a walk in my favourite national trust property today and was taken back by the scent of flowers. Absolutely over whelming. Spring is coming. 

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Tis it still painful, if it is just check whether the area is hot, if it is consider a DVT, CAUGHT OUT BY THE SAME SYMPTONS SOME TIME BACK

I've played enough football to know cramp when I see it. Never had a DVT but I know lots of people who have.

Edited by newjez

25 minutes ago, newjez said:

I've played enough football to know cramp when I see it. Never had a DVT but I know lots of people who have.

But that's the thing, DVT does feel just like a severe cramp.    I had a similar thing the night after I arrived in Spain last year.  It felt just like an ordinary cramp, but bad enough to shock me awake.   As it turned out, mine was not deep, it was only superficial, but still...

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

11 hours ago, newjez said:

If you ever have the misfortune to develop one you would always warn anyone with the  symptoms to check afterwards, 9 months of warfarin and compression stocking is to be avoided.

• Like 2

I my little dog suddenly came over I'll last night, cramping and floppy this morning she was having seizures and eyes rolling back in her head. Rushed her to the vet where they gave her pain relief but she was not responding to anything.
We were advised and agreed to have her put to sleep.
RIP Bobbie.
IMG_20200108_164031.jpegbobs.jpeg

• Sad 12

14 minutes ago, simmo said:

I my little dog suddenly came over I'll last night, cramping and floppy this morning she was having seizures and eyes rolling back in her head. Rushed her to the vet where they gave her pain relief but she was not responding to anything.
RIP Bobbie.

Really sorry to hear that simmo, very sad 😢

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simmo said:

RIP Bobbie.

Sorry to hear that mate. Poor little thing.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2020 at 22:06, newjez said:

Bananas?

LOL, reminded  me of the time I was flying to Australia and bent over and got an Abdo cramp. The Flight Attendant rushed off to get me an emergency banana! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simmo said:

RIP Bobbie.

Sorry to hear that Simmo. She's was a cutie!

• Thanks 1