Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bulya said:

Granting of a DVA White Card has given me the leverage to gain an appointment with the best renal specialist in the area.  His staff told me I’ll need to get blood tests that require nine separate vials!  Christ, I’ll be dead from lack of blood before I get there..

Sook! I had 15 vials, or 1 armfull when I went to hospital for hepatitis and yellow jaundice. That was for my first day, then 4 vials every day for the next week,  until the specialist saw any improvement; then 3 vials every day. My neighbour had 27 vials when he had a liver transplant.😩

Cheers, Bobj.

PS, Don't ever give up, mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Sook! I had 15 vials, or 1 armfull when I went to hospital for hepatitis and yellow jaundice. That was for my first day, then 4 vials every day for the next week,  until the specialist saw any improvement; then 3 vials every day. My neighbour had 27 vials when he had a liver transplant.😩

Cheers, Bobj.

PS, Don't ever give up, mate.

It was a joke of course.  It’s the bloody shingles that are the main problem, wish I’d known about the vaccine 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bulya said:

Granting of a DVA White Card has given me the leverage to gain an appointment with the best renal specialist in the area.  His staff told me I’ll need to get blood tests that require nine separate vials!  Christ, I’ll be dead from lack of blood before I get there..

My daughter has haemochromatosis and has an arm full of blood taken every week. This has gone on for years and for the future. She has drawn a short straw as the frequency is unusual but that’s life. 

Do hope you are ok Bulya and get the best treatment available xM

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ramot said:

My daughter has haemochromatosis and has an arm full of blood taken every week. This has gone on for years and for the future. She has drawn a short straw as the frequency is unusual but that’s life. 

Do hope you are ok Bulya and get the best treatment available xM

Gosh, that is a lot, weekly! Are her haemaglobin levels within range that the blood service can use the donations? We had a couple of people with haemochromatosis that used to donate via us as their iron levels were just within the top range when I worked there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Gosh, that is a lot, weekly! Are her haemaglobin levels within range that the blood service can use the donations? We had a couple of people with haemochromatosis that used to donate via us as their iron levels were just within the top range when I worked there.

Yes she has drawn the short straw, it’s very unusual as she is 39, and it usually sorts itself out for most people to only need it every 3 months.if she does occasionally leave it a couple of weeks it affects her. She also is epileptic so has too much medication in her system so her blood is no use. I’m so proud of her, she works from home on fridays and has her blood taken in the afternoon, which makes it difficult work wise, Not every employer is understanding.  She has always had a responsible job, and has worked for Epliepsy Action for the last year, in charge of several of their campaigns. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ramot said:

Yes she has drawn the short straw, it’s very unusual as she is 39, and it usually sorts itself out for most people to only need it every 3 months.if she does occasionally leave it a couple of weeks it affects her. She also is epileptic so has too much medication in her system so her blood is no use. I’m so proud of her, she works from home on fridays and has her blood taken in the afternoon, which makes it difficult work wise, Not every employer is understanding.  She has always had a responsible job, and has worked for Epliepsy Action for the last year, in charge of several of their campaigns. 

Good for her! Not an easy thing for her. I have relatives that also have it and their families say they know when they are due to have blood taken as they ‘change’. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bulya said:

Off to see Ford vs Ferrari.  Automotive history with a large dose of humour. 

I’m sure we watched that before Christmas, if so it was really good. 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bulya said:

Granting of a DVA White Card has given me the leverage to gain an appointment with the best renal specialist in the area.  His staff told me I’ll need to get blood tests that require nine separate vials!  Christ, I’ll be dead from lack of blood before I get there..

You need to become a vampire

I’m lucky I don’t feel needles or anything now. It’s a good job as I’m on IV daily.  


If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IKNOWC it’s 4.50am I’m still wide awake. I will eventually get to sleep just as @Bobj is waking up lol 😂 

  • Like 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a bad day yesterday spent 80% of it unconscious and scared the boys. So today I forced myself out of bed, got dressed and said let’s take the dogs for a relaxing stroll down the land (we have 40 acres) so I got in my electric 4x4 wheelchair and we headed off. We saw a baby koala in one of our trees and then one of the dogs gave chase to a kangaroo so I put the wheelchair in fast mode and went after her. Until I was met with excruciating pain on both legs and a jammed wheelchair stuck on going forward. Unfortunately My dog is a mini dachshund so I hadn’t noticed the tensioned wire running across the boundary line. The roo had gone over, dog under, me through 😱 I’m left with two very sore badly swollen bruised legs, one that hasn’t stopped bleeding since I did it. 
Hubby muttered something about not getting his relaxing walk and I’m nothing but trouble 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 5

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

I had a bad day yesterday spent 80% of it unconscious and scared the boys. So today I forced myself out of bed, got dressed and said let’s take the dogs for a relaxing stroll down the land (we have 40 acres) so I got in my electric 4x4 wheelchair and we headed off. We saw a baby koala in one of our trees and then one of the dogs gave chase to a kangaroo so I put the wheelchair in fast mode and went after her. Until I was met with excruciating pain on both legs and a jammed wheelchair stuck on going forward. Unfortunately My dog is a mini dachshund so I hadn’t noticed the tensioned wire running across the boundary line. The roo had gone over, dog under, me through 😱 I’m left with two very sore badly swollen bruised legs, one that hasn’t stopped bleeding since I did it. 
Hubby muttered something about not getting his relaxing walk and I’m nothing but trouble 😂

Omg you would stress me out.!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

IKNOWC it’s 4.50am I’m still wide awake. I will eventually get to sleep just as @Bobj is waking up lol 😂 

@The Pom Queen.Oi! I get up any time from 3.30 to 4AM. At 4.50, I was getting ready to venture out fishing.

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

You need to become a vampire

I’m lucky I don’t feel needles or anything now. It’s a good job as I’m on IV daily.  

My shit pales compared to yours.  You definitely have no shortage of ‘bottle’ 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I had a bad day yesterday spent 80% of it unconscious and scared the boys. So today I forced myself out of bed, got dressed and said let’s take the dogs for a relaxing stroll down the land (we have 40 acres) so I got in my electric 4x4 wheelchair and we headed off. We saw a baby koala in one of our trees and then one of the dogs gave chase to a kangaroo so I put the wheelchair in fast mode and went after her. Until I was met with excruciating pain on both legs and a jammed wheelchair stuck on going forward. Unfortunately My dog is a mini dachshund so I hadn’t noticed the tensioned wire running across the boundary line. The roo had gone over, dog under, me through 😱 I’m left with two very sore badly swollen bruised legs, one that hasn’t stopped bleeding since I did it. 
Hubby muttered something about not getting his relaxing walk and I’m nothing but trouble 😂

Naughty Jenny for running under a wire...😉

Hope all is well on the farm, now.

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobj said:

Naughty Jenny for running under a wire...😉

Hope all is well on the farm, now.

Cheers, Bobj.

She was doing really well as my untrained service dog lol, I think I’m going to have to trade her for a larger model 🤣 NEVER.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I had a bad day yesterday spent 80% of it unconscious and scared the boys. So today I forced myself out of bed, got dressed and said let’s take the dogs for a relaxing stroll down the land (we have 40 acres) so I got in my electric 4x4 wheelchair and we headed off. We saw a baby koala in one of our trees and then one of the dogs gave chase to a kangaroo so I put the wheelchair in fast mode and went after her. Until I was met with excruciating pain on both legs and a jammed wheelchair stuck on going forward. Unfortunately My dog is a mini dachshund so I hadn’t noticed the tensioned wire running across the boundary line. The roo had gone over, dog under, me through 😱 I’m left with two very sore badly swollen bruised legs, one that hasn’t stopped bleeding since I did it. 
Hubby muttered something about not getting his relaxing walk and I’m nothing but trouble 😂

Nothing but trouble 😂💕 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Toots said:

It’s fantastic although the garage is flooded already and the worst is yet to come. Our bore kept running dry and the tank was empty so this is a god send. When you aren’t on mains and you have no water for livestock, pets or yourself it’s a worrying time. The poor guys carting water have been none stop and sometimes you have to go days without until they can get to you. 
I just hate seeing all the water draining away we all need every drop. The dams near us are both completely empty

  • Like 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is the 42nd anniversary of a tragic day in Australia’s history, the Granville train disaster.  Not a day anybody living in Australia in ‘77 will forget. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Birthday Ali...…..have a lovely day x

  • Like 3

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonyman said:

Happy Birthday Ali...…..have a lovely day x

Aww thank you.  I'm usually away for my birthday and basically organise my own celebration.  With having Christmas off (had to take my long service leave), we're at home and hubby is taking me out to lunch - not sure where yet and he normally isn't the organiser so i'm a little excited and apprehensive - having to let go of the reins on this one lol.

  • Like 3

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ali said:

Aww thank you.  I'm usually away for my birthday and basically organise my own celebration.  With having Christmas off (had to take my long service leave), we're at home and hubby is taking me out to lunch - not sure where yet and he normally isn't the organiser so i'm a little excited and apprehensive - having to let go of the reins on this one lol.

Enjoy your birthday and hopefully your lunch. Happy birthday xM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy your day Ali.

 

ali.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over in the Golden West,  have a beaut birthday, Ali.

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ali said:

Aww thank you.  I'm usually away for my birthday and basically organise my own celebration.  With having Christmas off (had to take my long service leave), we're at home and hubby is taking me out to lunch - not sure where yet and he normally isn't the organiser so i'm a little excited and apprehensive - having to let go of the reins on this one lol.

Enjoy your day!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×