and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

52 minutes ago, newjez said:

Do you want the bad news?

You sound like you got it bad like it did. Mine ached for about six months.

There really is nothing like a bad case of the shingles. I had a solid scab about a square foot over my left shoulder.

Be thankful you didn't get it on your face. It can make you blind.

Mine was eighteen years ago. I still have the scars.

Don't want to scare you too much, but I believe it was a precursor for my lymphoma.

Mines bigger than that.  Constant headache, stomach pain, can’t sleep (it’s 3:30 am) and more.  Only one kidney, and it wasn’t performing well before this.  Birthday in 4 days, and it will be memorable for all the wrong reasons.
PS.  Hope you’re OK?

Edited by Bulya
Addition
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, newjez said:

Do you want the bad news?

You sound like you got it bad like it did. Mine ached for about six months.

There really is nothing like a bad case of the shingles. I had a solid scab about a square foot over my left shoulder.

Be thankful you didn't get it on your face. It can make you blind.

Mine was eighteen years ago. I still have the scars.

Don't want to scare you too much, but I believe it was a precursor for my lymphoma.

Did you not get chicken pox as a child ?

My mum got shingles. She was in her 80s. It did look very nasty.

Edited by Parley

I want it all, and I want it now.

6 minutes ago, Parley said:

He must have - you can only get shingles if you have had chickenpox.  The chickenpox virus stays dormant in nerve endings for the rest of your life....but sometimes becomes active later on as shingles.

1 minute ago, Skani said:

He must have - you can only get shingles if you have had chickenpox.  The chickenpox virus stays dormant in nerve endings for the rest of your life....but sometimes becomes active later on as shingles.

It is unusual to get shingles at a young age though. Most people get shingles in there 70s or 80s I thought.

27 minutes ago, Parley said:

It is unusual to get shingles at a young age though. Most people get shingles in there 70s or 80s I thought.

It's much more common at 60+ - but is possible at any age.  

36 minutes ago, Skani said:

It's much more common at 60+ - but is possible at any age.  

At 78, I’ve nevr had it. Had chicken pox at age 9 

Cheers, Bobj.

7 hours ago, Bulya said:

Mines bigger than that.  Constant headache, stomach pain, can’t sleep (it’s 3:30 am) and more.  Only one kidney, and it wasn’t performing well before this.  Birthday in 4 days, and it will be memorable for all the wrong reasons.
PS.  Hope you’re OK?

Sorry you're feeling so crook @Bulya.   🙁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skani said:

I've never had chickenpox.  Should I get the shingles shot?

4 hours ago, Parley said:

My mum got shingles. She was in her 80s. It did look very nasty.

Yes about 60 years ago.  

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Sorry you're feeling so crook @Bulya.   🙁

Thanks.  Just before Xmas too, how typical 

1 hour ago, Toots said:

I've never had chickenpox.  Should I get the shingles shot?

Good question 

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

At 78, I’ve nevr had it. Had chicken pox at age 9 

Cheers, Bobj.

Get the vaccination 

• Like 1

Just got back from a lovely carol service at at Mary's church Greenhithe.

I think I may have found the lord.

• Like 3

IKNWC but yesterday we took my 95 year old dad out for lunch in the village he grew up in.  Had a lovely time and we called in to see his 92 year old sister in her care home on the way back to his care home.  For the first time ever, I think, they both gave each other a farewell kiss (we arent a demonstrative family) - it brought a tear to the eye and you could almost see both thinking "this will be the last time".  My aunt wasnt well yesterday and I am worried about her.  We are flying off to Aus next Monday to arrive on Christmas morning - only for a 5 week holiday this time but next time it will be permanent.  I'm wondering how the hell I am going to leave them permanently. Or what to do if they leave us permanently in the interim.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Quoll said:

IKNWC but yesterday we took my 95 year old dad out for lunch in the village he grew up in.  Had a lovely time and we called in to see his 92 year old sister in her care home on the way back to his care home.  For the first time ever, I think, they both gave each other a farewell kiss (we arent a demonstrative family) - it brought a tear to the eye and you could almost see both thinking "this will be the last time".  My aunt wasnt well yesterday and I am worried about her.  We are flying off to Aus next Monday to arrive on Christmas morning - only for a 5 week holiday this time but next time it will be permanent.  I'm wondering how the hell I am going to leave them permanently. Or what to do if they leave us permanently in the interim.  

Thank your lucky stars you won’t be here Saturday.  New record high expected 

6 hours ago, Quoll said:

Both lovely and sad in equal measures 😢 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bulya said:

Thank your lucky stars you won’t be here Saturday.  New record high expected 

No, arrive Wednesday so you guys had better have cooled it down by then!!

5 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Both lovely and sad in equal measures 😢 

The aunt is now waiting on an ambulance (I am spitting at the lax care in their "care" home!) They've given her a 10 hour delay - she's not deemed bad enough for a 999 (breathing laboured, lots of phlegm etc) so when the ambulance comes I am going to meet her in A&E as I only live 5 minutes away.  She should have someone there to hold her hand!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quoll said:

The aunt is now waiting on an ambulance (I am spitting at the lax care in their "care" home!) They've given her a 10 hour delay - she's not deemed bad enough for a 999 (breathing laboured, lots of phlegm etc) so when the ambulance comes I am going to meet her in A&E as I only live 5 minutes away.  She should have someone there to hold her hand!

Not bad enough!  A very elderly lady with breathing problems.  Poor old soul and poor you too.  Not an easy time especially as you are to leave for Australia very soon.  How is your aunt now?

Edited by Toots
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Quoll said:

You are a lovely person with a good heart. 

• Like 2

On 16/12/2019 at 03:37, simmo said:

God Be With You Simmo……….

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

You are a lovely person with a good heart. 

• Like 2

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

On 16/12/2019 at 03:37, simmo said:

Where was he hiding?

• Like 1

:evilface_frowning_s

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Where was he hiding?

He was in plain sight. It was I that was lost but now I'm found, I was blind but now I see.

Bless you.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, simmo said:

He was in plain sight. It was I that was lost but now I'm found, I was blind but now I see.

Bless you.

Simmo.

Please refer to him as the Lord, not the lord.

• Haha 1