register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

6 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Aldo caught a catfish and wanted to join our group, once.  Some people are hypocrites, aren’t they?😉

Cheers, Bobj.

It’s what you get from Pseudo 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Aldo caught a catfish and wanted to join our group, once.  Some people are hypocrites, aren’t they?😉

Cheers, Bobj.

I had to hit it on the head with a beer bottle too. I carry that shame with me every day.

• Haha 3

Lots of racing bicycles whizzing past our house.  It's the last leg of a 5 day cycling tour around parts of the north west of Tassie.  The race finishes at our local beach.

cycling.png

• Like 2

Speaking of cycling, big thanks to @The Pom Queen who got us tickets for the Brisbane event for the track cycling World Cup next weekend. Should be some big names there as the build up continues to next years Olympics. man-biking.png

• Like 3

Just plugged in my brand new Blu-ray copy of Apollo 11, and it has video but no audio.  Not happy Jan!

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Just plugged in my brand new Blu-ray copy of Apollo 11, and it has video but no audio.  Not happy Jan!

Is the Disc trying to play an audio format your tv / speakers doesn't support? You can usually swap between PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS etc, on the disc menu

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cerberus1 said:

Is the Disc trying to play an audio format your tv / speakers doesn't support? You can usually swap between PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS etc, on the disc menu

Looking at it.  It has audio from the preamble right up to the very start, then golden silence.  Rang JB HIFI and they said come in and test it.  I’ll go in tomorrow. There’s always always something.....

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

Do they still make blue ray?

A friend and I share a birthday today.  We have just been yacking on the phone.  In the 60's we marched for all sorts of things together.  Against the Vietnam war, the bomb and a few other things. I think the world is in a worse state now and we thought it was bad then.  

This was one of the songs that meant a lot to us. I would have been 16 then.  Yes I know  ...................................  I am showing my age but we were so sure we could make a difference back then.  🙁

2 hours ago, Toots said:

A friend and I share a birthday today.  We have just been yacking on the phone.  In the 60's we marched for all sorts of things together.  Against the Vietnam war, the bomb and a few other things. I think the world is in a worse state now and we thought it was bad then.  

This was one of the songs that meant a lot to us. I would have been 16 then.  Yes I know  ...................................  I am showing my age but we were so sure we could make a difference back then.  🙁

Happy Birthday Toots 🎂🍾

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Toots said:

Happy Birthday Toots x 

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday @Toots hope you had a wonderful day

B75FD217-4CE1-450B-8F54-F10E4718FAD4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Had a wonderful day with wonderful company in a wonderful beachside home and cooked a wonderful meal. Wish I could stay longer. 

• Like 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

What a lovely coincidence! We had a couple of beautiful people here for the day and wanted them to stay, too.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, simmo said:

Just watched the joker.  Very powerful.

I need to watch something happy now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toots said:

Happy birthday Toots, enjoy your special day x

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simmo said:

I need to watch something happy now.

That's what I thought too after watching The Joker.

• Like 1

@Toots, a belated birthday greeting to you. Many, many more to come.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suggestion.  If you’re over 50 and haven’t had your Shingles vaccination, you really should get it done.  

40 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Suggestion.  If you’re over 50 and haven’t had your Shingles vaccination, you really should get it done.  

You are right, I had mine and my husband wasn’t bothered till luckily the Dr. said why on earth not!! It can be very painful. Hope you are ok Bulya.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ramot said:

You are right, I had mine and my husband wasn’t bothered till luckily the Dr. said why on earth not!! It can be very painful. Hope you are ok Bulya.

Yep.  Can’t see how there won’t be significant scarring too.  Currently, I look like something from Doctor Who....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Yep.  Can’t see how there won’t be significant scarring too.  Currently, I look like something from Doctor Who....

Do you want the bad news?

You sound like you got it bad like it did. Mine ached for about six months.

There really is nothing like a bad case of the shingles. I had a solid scab about a square foot over my left shoulder.

Be thankful you didn't get it on your face. It can make you blind.

Mine was eighteen years ago. I still have the scars.

Don't want to scare you too much, but I believe it was a precursor for my lymphoma.

Edited by newjez