You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety has found more than a third of BUPA's Australian facilities are - or have been - a 'serious risk' to residents - a worse record than any other provider   ....................    the result of staff cutbacks and other cost cutting.  These are not cheap facilities.  You have to wonder where the money goes.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 19:45, simmo said:

I'm off the naughy step.  Now just need to control myself.

Thanks to the moderators who have helped me in my rehabilitation.

I have every faith in you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

26 minutes ago, simmo said:

Yes whatever.  Bit of a wuss though  ..............  wanted to quit after 24 hours.  Why bother even going on that sort of show.  Could all be fake news though  .... Daily Mail reporting.

Friends have been staying with us whilst the house they bought here was gutted and renovated.  OH did a lot of the work for them.  He repointed the brickwork, did the brick paving and the wall and little pillars at the front ready for either metal or wooden fencing.  He also put in the double glazed windows.  Friends had a new kitchen and bathrooms fitted plus central heating and we all painted the interior. It's in a good position -  a few minutes walk from the town centre with views across the river.   Lovely to have them living close by now.  They moved here from NSW.

001.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Toots said:

Friends have been staying with us whilst the house they bought here was gutted and renovated.  OH did a lot of the work for them.  He repointed the brickwork, did the brick paving and the wall and little pillars at the front ready for either metal or wooden fencing.  He also put in the double glazed windows.  Friends had a new kitchen and bathrooms fitted plus central heating and we all painted the interior. It's in a good position -  a few minutes walk from the town centre with views across the river.   Lovely to have them living close by now.  They moved here from NSW.

001.JPG

It looks very cute 

Haven’t seen any posts from Perthbum for a while. Anyone know if he’s been put on the naughty step? 

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Haven’t seen any posts from Perthbum for a while. Anyone know if he’s been put on the naughty step? 

It's very quiet. I think the naughy step is full up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Daughter upgraded her iPhone to the 11 Max Pro today, and gifted me her iPhone XS Max 64Gb.  Faster etc, but I’m finding the lack of home button very frustrating.  I guess I’ll get used to it..

8 hours ago, Bulya said:

Daughter upgraded her iPhone to the 11 Max Pro today, and gifted me her iPhone XS Max 64Gb.  Faster etc, but I’m finding the lack of home button very frustrating.  I guess I’ll get used to it..

Why?

12 hours ago, Bulya said:

I got used to it very quickly, although it seemed strange to start with.  You’ll be ok in a few days I reckon 

Apple must love the suckers who upgrade every year.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

51 minutes ago, Parley said:

Apple must love the suckers who upgrade every year.

It was free

I’ve had  lovely if not exhausting day. I flew to Sydney at it felt like the crack of dawn! to join in my daughter’s hens day. We went over to Manly, had drinks first and then a great lunch. I flew back on the late afternoon flight, and left them to it. My daughter was a bit overwhelmed by the effort her bridesmaids had done to make it special. I’m still smiling it was such fun.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ramot said:

I’ve had  lovely if not exhausting day. I flew to Sydney at it felt like the crack of dawn! to join in my daughter’s hens day. We went over to Manly, had drinks first and then a great lunch. I flew back on the late afternoon flight, and left them to it. My daughter was a bit overwhelmed by the effort her bridesmaids had done to make it special. I’m still smiling it was such fun.

What would Gretta say? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, simmo said:

What would Gretta say? 😉

The plane was going there anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 minute ago, Parley said:

The plane was going there anyway.

I know, I was Just kidding.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simmo said:

I know, I was Just kidding.  

I realised that, knew you wouldn’t want to upset me!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

Saw this @Quoll. Made me smile.

i3ix2gwb_reasonably_small.jpg

Angry quolls (pictured) are more likely to survive in the wild than quolls that are not angry. We make no comment on if this applies to humans as well. (Image: sontag1.)

That's me!!!! 

Quolls, delightful little fur all’s. Only e er seen 2 live ones, one near Kununurra and the second, near Glen Innes, NSW and 4 dead, road killed.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1