• Like 4

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Robert Mugabe is dead.

He doesn’t deserve an RIP

Yes, he does...Rot In Perpituity

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4

Can't believe he got away with his racist remarks...!!!!!

Robert Mugabe is dead.
He doesn’t deserve an RIP
  • Like 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

About half an hour ago, on a windy Melbourne day, watched a ladder go flying off the roof of the unit block across the road. 

Now I'm watching some poor air conditioning guy wandering around the roof trying to find a way down....

(No, I haven't called the fire brigade - he's been on his mobile so I'm guessing he's called his mates to rescue him).

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 08/09/2019 at 05:00, newjez said:

He doesn't. They should just take him out to the bush and let the animals feed off him. Disgusting man, hope he rots in hell.

He is a hero to many.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, newjez said:

Not that many.

How many?

17 hours ago, simmo said:

He is a hero to many.

Certainly not to members of my family and friends who had to leave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, newjez said:

You count them. Friends and family.

To racist blacks?

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, newjez said:

You count them. Friends and family.

Robert Mugabe will be buried at National Heroes Acre, a hilltop shrine for Zimbabwe’s ruling elite, an official said on Saturday.

The announcement came as the southern African nation began several days of official mourning for its deceased former leader. 

The National Heroes Acre is reserved for Zimbabweans who have made huge sacrifices during the war against white-minority rule and who dedicated themselves to the nation, which emerged from the ashes of colonial Rhodesia. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/robert-mugabe-death-burial-national-heroes-acre-hill-harare-zimbabwe-a9095816.html

A father to us': In his village, Robert Mugabe mourned as a hero "I cried when I heard that Mugabe had died, he was a good man," said Locardia Sande, 84, who was a former neighbour to Mugabe and a friend of his late mother, Bona.

"We were one people. Before our villages were relocated, we used to fetch water from the same well with his [first] wife, Sally and his sisters," she added.

"There's no person who was as nice as Robert, now we're suffering without him," she lamented, adding that many in Kutama were facing tough times since the end of Mugabe's reign.

"Whenever he'd come here, we'd tell him our problems and every family would receive something like cooking oil, but now we don't get much help, not even a packet of sugar, we're really suffering here," she lamented. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/father-village-robert-mugabe-mourned-hero-190909053956416.html

Robert Mugabe granted national hero status and official mourning https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-49619144

• Haha 1

I’ve just had a cruddy old shed and all the cruddy contents (that the nice people I bought the property from left me......🤬) removed. It looks much better and quite a large space now as well. Proper pleased!

If anyone in the north west area around Liverpool, Manchester, Cheshire area is like me and needs a company to do this for them, I’d be happy to recommend the company I used via pm. They do asbestos as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, newjez said:

It's good to have hero's. 

Hmmm.

7 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I’ve just had a cruddy old shed and all the cruddy contents (that the nice people I bought the property from left me......🤬) removed. It looks much better and quite a large space now as well. Proper pleased!

If anyone in the north west area around Liverpool, Manchester, Cheshire area is like me and needs a company to do this for them, I’d be happy to recommend the company I used via pm. They do asbestos as well.

Don't let the asbestos removal "experts” scare you into paying extortionate rates for removal.  Most of the old sheds are built from white asbestos and as long as you don't smash it up and create airborne fibers it's pretty safe.  I took mine down with gloves a mask and disposable paper suit.  The sheets need to be either  double wrapped in 1000 gauge polythene or once in 1200 gauge and joints taped in gaffa tape and the local tip will take them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, simmo said:

Don't let the asbestos removal "experts” scare you into paying extortionate rates for removal.  Most of the old sheds are built from white asbestos and as long as you don't smash it up and create airborne fibers it's pretty safe.  I took mine down with gloves a mask and disposable paper suit.  The sheets need to be either  double wrapped in 1000 gauge polythene or once in 1200 gauge and joints taped in gaffa tape and the local tip will take them.

I didn’t have any asbestos, thank God,. Surely the cost is in the disposal of it?

11 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

I didn’t have any asbestos, thank God,. Surely the cost is in the disposal of it?

Tips down here take it free of charge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

If it's the most dangerous type of asbestos, the removal can be very expensive. Everyone has to wear suits and breathing apparatus, the site has to be contained and special measures taken to ensure fibres don't become airborne.  I don't blame them for charging a lot in that case - after all, it's not a job I'd risk doing, even wearing all the gear.

• Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

19 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Our tip takes it for free. You just wet it down wrap it wearing protective gear as simmo said.

It is fairly heavy though.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

My OH disposed of an old shed when we bought our house in Sydney.  The asbestos had to go to an "approved landfill facility" not the local dump.  I think it was in Terrey Hills in Northern Sydney.

• Like 1

Just watched Parramatta beat the Brisbane Broncos 58 - 0 in the NRL quarter finals.  😶

On 10/09/2019 at 14:33, simmo said:

As newjez said...friends and family.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49686131

African leaders hailed Mr Mugabe as a liberation hero, while current Zimbabwean president Emmerson Mnangagwa said "our motherland is in tears".

But most seats in the 60,000-capacity stadium were empty.

Many Zimbabweans said they would shun the ceremony because of the repression that marked Mr Mugabe's later rule.

The country's economy is in crisis, with soaring inflation and unemployment, and some blame this on the former leader.

"We are happier now that he is gone. Why should I go to his funeral? I don't have fuel," a Harare resident told AFP. "We don't want to hear anything about him anymore. He is the cause of our problems."