..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, newjez said:

Don't really care, but who is anh do?

Google him

Edited by ramot

Can you get Vicks first defence in Australia? I have suggested my mum uses it, but she just sounds vague when I mention it. I swear by the stuff. Doesn't always stop the cold, but I think it lessens the intensity and duration. Certainly for me. Started coming down with a cold a week ago, and started pumping first defence up my nose. Felt a bit under the weather yesterday. Can feel it today, but more like a flu jab after affect than a full cold.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, newjez said:

Can you get Vicks first defence in Australia? I have suggested my mum uses it, but she just sounds vague when I mention it. I swear by the stuff. Doesn't always stop the cold, but I think it lessens the intensity and duration. Certainly for me. Started coming down with a cold a week ago, and started pumping first defence up my nose. Felt a bit under the weather yesterday. Can feel it today, but more like a flu jab after affect than a full cold.

Never heard of it before but apparently it has been discontinued in Australia but can be bought online at: Pharmacy Direct UK, it is actually cheaper than when it was on sale in Australia. There is probably an equivalent product here but I never buy any of those things.  Very rarely catch a cold.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/vicks-first-defence-micro-gel-nasal-spray/prd-htf

Oops!  Just noticed that it can't be shipped to Australia.  🙄

Edited by Toots

3 hours ago, newjez said:

I did, seems like a very interesting man.

Is his autobiography worth a read?

Yes.  Very much so.

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Toots said:

Never heard of it before but apparently it has been discontinued in Australia but can be bought online at: Pharmacy Direct UK, it is actually cheaper than when it was on sale in Australia. There is probably an equivalent product here but I never buy any of those things.  Very rarely catch a cold.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/vicks-first-defence-micro-gel-nasal-spray/prd-htf

Oops!  Just noticed that it can't be shipped to Australia.  🙄

I wonder why?

This was interesting

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/how-not-to-get-a-cold-515435.html

Edited by newjez

23 minutes ago, newjez said:

I used to get a cold every second year or so in Sydney and I blamed it on air-conditioned offices and being up close and personal with my fellow human beings on public transport.  I have been in Tassie for over 5 years now and I had a bit of a sniffle (could hardly call it a cold) a couple of years ago.  Other than that   ...............  kept clear of colds and other bugs.

• Like 2

Honestly you would think it was Spring on the Sunshine Coast today instead of winter. Promising 27’ today, there isn’t t a cloud in the sky, talk about the sea sparkling!  the birds are loving it. Just hope they don’t start thinking about nesting this early. It’s a day to make your heart sing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ramot said:

Honestly you would think it was Spring on the Sunshine Coast today instead of winter. Promising 27’ today, there isn’t t a cloud in the sky, talk about the sea sparkling!  the birds are loving it. Just hope they don’t start thinking about nesting this early. It’s a day to make your heart sing.

Most of the snow in the ski resorts has been washed away, and unusually mild nights   

• Like 1

Stufftif...but there is a film on tv tonight on ch 5 3 @ 6.30; when I first saw it, I cried. Yes, I cried! I was aged 3 and Bambi was lost...My word! That was 75 years ago...

Promise not to cry when I watch it tonight.👍

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ramot said:

Heard from friends who are up your way Ramot and they are loving the weather.

• Like 1

I really enjoy stories like this.  😀  https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-northamptonshire-48637588/thrapston-nifty-knitters-knit-their-town-s-whole-high-street

The video compares the knitted town with the real thing.  Very clever.

I remember at the Easter Show in Sydney seeing a dinner table laid with everything on it knitted.  Knives, forks, spooms plates, wine glasses, bottles etc etc etc all knitted.  Very quirky.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toots said:

I really enjoy stories like this.  😀  https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-northamptonshire-48637588/thrapston-nifty-knitters-knit-their-town-s-whole-high-street

The video compares the knitted town with the real thing.  Very clever.

I remember at the Easter Show in Sydney seeing a dinner table laid with everything on it knitted.  Knives, forks, spooms plates, wine glasses, bottles etc etc etc all knitted.  Very quirky.

I'm guessing no one gets the wool pulled over their eyes...🤣

• Like 1

No one can tell you exactly what you have gotta be

You've got to stand your ground and fight to save your life

It may be hard but ooh ooh it's the only way

Always remembering there ain't no second prize

There ain't no second prize

3 hours ago, Dom Churchill said:

I'm guessing no one gets the wool pulled over their eyes...🤣

Oh dear Dom. Just oh dear. A proper dad joke. 😀

Dunnit wanna make ya spit?

Bought bank shares using a cheque from that bank 10 years ago. Now, my bank wants to know my details so the bank can pay me by direct credit...Rang the bank and we had a good giggle.🤣

Cheers, Bobj.

3 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Dunnit wanna make ya spit?

Bought bank shares using a cheque from that bank 10 years ago. Now, my bank wants to know my details so the bank can pay me by direct credit...Rang the bank and we had a good giggle.🤣

Cheers, Bobj.

Doesn't surprise me Bob. 

• Like 1