and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Off to Braidwood Show tomorrow.  Any excuse to visit the Southern Highlands 

• Like 1

Decided to have a picnic for dinner this evening and went to Kings Park.  Lots of mixed groups - couples pf ages,  families and groups of young people doing exactly the same things.  One of the things I love about living within a 15 min drive of the city.

• Like 5

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 28/02/2019 at 09:09, Rossmoyne said:

Yes me too. But if you read his whole comment, he says "but it was only for 6 minutes".......  As far as I am concerned the lawyer just stated that Pell is guilty.  

How do you appeal that? It wasn't for six minutes?

3 hours ago, ali said:

Decided to have a picnic for dinner this evening and went to Kings Park.  Lots of mixed groups - couples pf ages,  families and groups of young people doing exactly the same things.  One of the things I love about living within a 15 min drive of the city.

Last time I was there, there was a druggie who was freaking out and stripped naked and started running about. Highly entertaining. I wouldn't pay to see it, but as free performances go it was too notch.

5 hours ago, newjez said:

Last time I was there, there was a druggie who was freaking out and stripped naked and started running about. Highly entertaining. I wouldn't pay to see it, but as free performances go it was too notch.

Lol .. not seen anything like that on our visits - but i'll keep my eyes open.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Came home from the hairdresser with a fancy shampoo and a spray which is "better than mousse" for adding volume to hair.   I just read the ingredients: it's mainly pumice. 

So now I've got a shampoo to wash all the dirt out of my hair and a spray to put dirt back in.  Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

There is a selfish part of me that wishes the property market on the Mornington Peninsula would bottom out and the whole place would turn from family friendly beaches to third world slum. Just to have a break from the constant real estate updates.....y’know......🤯

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

There is a selfish part of me that wishes the property market on the Mornington Peninsula would bottom out and the whole place would turn from family friendly beaches to third world slum. Just to have a break from the constant real estate updates.....y’know......🤯

Lol .. my advice is don't read them, I haven't checked since the forum was changed but there used to be a block facility that you could use that may still be there. 

3 hours ago, ali said:

Lol .. my advice is don't read them, I haven't checked since the forum was changed but there used to be a block facility that you could use that may still be there. 

I have tried that but it doesn’t stop them appearing on the home page or unread content page. It only seems to block the posts within the thread..... God knows I’ve tried!

I don’t read them.

Just that I opened the forum the other week and the whole of the new content was about real estate on the peninsula. Surely this poster is a commercial being, no regular person only posts things like that......🙄

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Just that I opened the forum the other week and the whole of the new content was about real estate on the peninsula. Surely this poster is a commercial being, no regular person only posts things like that......🙄

I reported them as spam, because they're so obviously just advertising - but I can only assume they're paying the forum to allow them to post, as they're still doing it.  It is annoying but the forum has to earn its keep somehow.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I reported them as spam, because they're so obviously just advertising - but I can only assume they're paying the forum to allow them to post, as they're still doing it.  It is annoying but the forum has to earn its keep somehow.

Not so sure about that. Another user reported them but it was thought that the posts could be useful to some users so were left up. If they were advertising they would have their business details on the posts like the agents do surely?

Anyway, there’s a small lull now and I’m enjoying it! 😂

ETA the user also denied being a realestate agent or similar when challenged on the forum as well. I’d rather they did fess up, pay for advertising space and get their own space on the forum, like Vista and Moneycorp and petair. Much easier to manage.

Edited by Amber Snowball
Added info

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

Not so sure about that. Another user reported them but it was thought that the posts could be useful to some users so were left up. If they were advertising they would have their business details on the posts like the agents do surely?

Anyway, there’s a small lull now and I’m enjoying it! 😂

ETA the user also denied being a realestate agent or similar when challenged on the forum as well. I’d rather they did fess up, pay for advertising space and get their own space on the forum, like Vista and Moneycorp and petair. Much easier to manage.

They do have permission from the owners to post

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

No they don't pay the forum and what do you think they are selling? I am intrigued as i  cant recall seeing them trying to sell anything. They have posted articles on the city, the beaches, realestate etc but i dont even recall a post selling something or even a signature with their contact details, that business users are allowed to have.

Its a shame more members don't post info and articles on the different States, all would be useful to future  migrants and after all thats the aim of the forum

Cal x.

• Like 2

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

22 minutes ago, calNgary said:

No they don't pay the forum and what do you think they are selling? I am intrigued as i  cant recall seeing them trying to sell anything. They have posted articles on the city, the beaches, realestate etc but i dont even recall a post selling something or even a signature with their contact details, that business users are allowed to have.

Its a shame more members don't post info and articles on the different States, all would be useful to future  migrants and after all thats the aim of the forum

Cal x.

I confess I’ve been so irritated by their posts that I’ve never checked the detail, it’s just that I couldn’t conceive why anyone should make so many posts on one topic unless they hoped to gain something from it. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, calNgary said:

Cal x.

That’s fair enough but some days it’s like an avalanche! The posts are all cut and pastes from what looks likr real estate.com. No personal experience sharing. It’s weird, as you say no contact details to benefit from the endless flogging of the area. 

Anyhoo, they can post on here and I can ignore them! 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

That’s fair enough but some days it’s like an avalanche! The posts are all cut and pastes from what looks likr real estate.com. No personal experience sharing. It’s weird, as you say no contact details to benefit from the endless flogging of the area. 

Where is the mornington peninsula?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, newjez said:

Where is the mornington peninsula?

Victoria. South east of Melbourne. It’s actually nice. 🙂

2 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

If they are all cut-and-paste from another website, then there are copyright issues.

Just now, Marisawright said:

If they are all cut-and-paste from another website, then there are copyright issues.

They don’t have any identifiers on but that’s how they read iykwim. Not a normal post. Definitely an article from a professional. I haven’t opened more than a couple of them though but they all look like the same type of thing. 

Information on areas is always useful but I would expect some personal experience overlay to them which there never seems to be, just endless articles on real estate sales figures......

Others have raised this from time to time about this poster so I know I’m not the only one.

Put it this way I find your posts on living, travelling and working in Sydney more interesting and insightful than a blurb on the % cost increase of a 3 bedder in Bondi or wherever...... 

Anyway, I’ll leave it there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

Is it not dropping in price like the rest of Melbourne?

Probably in parts. Some of it is still quite strong I think. I suppose it’s more of a plateau/adjustment rather than a drop. It’s a reasonable distance from the city suburbs so moves at a different pace in terms of real estate. I was out in the Dande ranges and that has a different housing market again. Same as anywhere, regions perform differently. I don’t really follow it.

Maybe I should read some of those endless posts and educate myself! 😊

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

Victoria. South east of Melbourne. It’s actually nice. 🙂

According to the many posts made about the place, it's Utopia.  

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

checking my retic this morning I disturbed a newly hatched dugite ...  I won't check the rest until the middle of winter ... or do any more pruning until then ...

Edited by the bottler
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, the bottler said:

checking my retic this morning I disturbed a newly hatched dugite ...  I won't check the rest until the middle of winter ... or do any more pruning until then ...

Can you get snake proof gloves? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUOKER-Handling-Durable-Resistant-Grooming/dp/B07JV8N9HJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1551769312&sr=8-3&keywords=snake+proof+gloves

Good pair of boots and gaitors, just keep your nose out of the way!

Edited by newjez

my son told me to buy leather gardening gloves ... it was only a newly hatched dugite ... looked llke a 12 inch worm with a snake shaped head ... only a couple of days ago a friend told me she had been walking her dogs when she saw one ... she described it to me and said they hatched out this time of the year ... don't think I would have known what it was as I have never seen one before ...