You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Taking a friend to the airport soon.  She is off to Scotland to meet up with some American relatives.  Their great grandparents and various offspring migrated to Australia and the US yonks ago.  They were from the little town of Milport on the island of Great Cumbrae.  I've told her to make sure she takes plenty of warm clothes with her.  We are looking after her two little dogs while she's away.

• Like 2

Absolutely huge full moon tonight.  It's very low as well.

• Like 2

I hope tonight is better than last night ... house sitting ... in the early hours a police car drove past siren going ... a neighbours dog howled and barked for two hours ...

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, the bottler said:

I hope tonight is better than last night ... house sitting ... in the early hours a police car drove past siren going ... a neighbours dog howled and barked for two hours ...

Some people moved into a rental in a street nearby.  They are rough types if you know what I mean.  They have a large dog that barks for hours on end.  It's left in the yard - never goes for walks and is probably bored to death.  I have been tempted to knock on their door and give them hell but according to their close neighbours, they are not the type to do anything about it.  Must be awful for the folk who live near them.  I only hear it when I'm outside.  

Hope you have a far more peaceful night tonight Bottler.  

• Like 2

Just now, Toots said:

Some people moved into a rental in a street nearby.  They are rough types if you know what I mean.  They have a large dog that barks for hours on end.  It's left in the yard - never goes for walks and is probably bored to death.  I have been tempted to knock on their door and give them hell but according to their close neighbours, they are not the type to do anything about it.  Must be awful for the folk who live near them.  I only hear it when I'm outside.  

Hope you have a far more peaceful night tonight Bottler.  

thank you Toots I did ... I could not understand why it went on for so long ... did the owner work nights ? ... the nights are so quiet at home ... must be hell living near a dog that barks for hours on end ... I lived in a town house many years ago ... a single man lived next door who came home every night from the pub and played his music so loud it was impossible to sleep ... he was a high flyer in IBM and obviously needed very little sleep ... I was also forced  to listen to his girlfriend screaming with pleasure at the week end ... 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, the bottler said:

thank you Toots I did ... I could not understand why it went on for so long ... did the owner work nights ? ... the nights are so quiet at home ... must be hell living near a dog that barks for hours on end ... I lived in a town house many years ago ... a single man lived next door who came home every night from the pub and played his music so loud it was impossible to sleep ... he was a high flyer in IBM and obviously needed very little sleep ... I was also forced  to listen to his girlfriend screaming with pleasure at the week end ... 

................  made me think of this.  😉

awkward.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

................  made me think of this.  😉

awkward.gif

even me leaning out the window asking who was strangling a cat did not stop it ! ... 

• Haha 2

Just dropping by to say Hi.
I’m about halfway through yr 1 of my nursing course, last day of my first placement is today. Scored very highly and have lots of lovely comments which I’m really pleased about. The work is still pretty full on but I’m managing it so far. Can’t believe how fast the time has gone, I’ll be qualified before I know it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Congratulations 1

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

21 hours ago, the bottler said:

Not good Bottie....   all ok today?

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Just now, Rossmoyne said:

Not good Bottie....   all ok today?

yes , thanks Rossie ... 

• Like 1

the trial of The Claremont Killer is going to cost 9 million dollars ... an obscene amount of money ...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, the bottler said:

the trial of The Claremont Killer is going to cost 9 million dollars ... an obscene amount of money ...

Most of it will go to the lawyers.  😑

Edited by Toots
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toots said:

Most of it will go to the lawyers.  😑

and the trial will take 9 months ... that is if he does not stick another pencil in his ear ... 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, the bottler said:

and the trial will take 9 months ... that is if he does not stick another pencil in his ear ... 

A horrendous amount of money and a long time for a trial, but they so need to get it right to nail this guy..... if he is guilty..... I am sure that the DPP have crossed and dotted everything possible to make sure their evidence is kosher and they don't end up with a mistrial.

I was living in Perth when all this happened and one of his victims was the cousin of a girl I worked with and I just hope they have the right guy as somany people need closure.   There are also other missing girls/young women from this time that have not been connected to him yet.   Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but I just hope if he is the perpetrator, that justice is finally done. 

• Like 2

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

18 hours ago, the bottler said:

I wonder why it is a judge only trial with no jury.

Court cases need to be done properly regardless of the cost.

Edited by Parley

I want it all, and I want it now.

21 hours ago, Parley said:

If the trial is going to take 9 months there's no way you can hold a jury together that long. Inevitably some of them will drop out during the trial (illness, pregnancy, death or just so fed up with it that they deliberately start posting on twitter so they get thrown off the jury). Once the numbers of jurors left falls below a certain number it's a mistrial and everyone has to start again.

• Like 3

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

13 hours ago, Ken said:

If the trial is going to take 9 months there's no way you can hold a jury together that long. Inevitably some of them will drop out during the trial (illness, pregnancy, death or just so fed up with it that they deliberately start posting on twitter so they get thrown off the jury). Once the numbers of jurors left falls below a certain number it's a mistrial and everyone has to start again.

You think that is a long trial? This is a long trial

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_line_corruption_trial

Good if your employer is paying.

Edited by newjez

On 23/02/2019 at 00:54, Parley said:

Apparently it was decided to be a judge only trial because of the magnitude of the case, the amount of public interest and concern in the case, and that it would be impossible to find jury members who would be impartial.  Plus what Ken says in an above post. Understandable I guess.

Edited by Rossmoyne
  • Like 1

I am appalled that an educated human being could say " it is no more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case " ... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, the bottler said:

I am appalled that an educated human being could say " it is no more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case " ... 

Yes me too. But if you read his whole comment, he says "but it was only for 6 minutes".......  As far as I am concerned the lawyer just stated that Pell is guilty.  

• Like 1