register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

5 hours ago, Tink said:

Iknwc but , life has a way of testing us , the plumber just left after fixing the Niagara Falls from the solar hot water on the roof  , now the boiler has decided to empty itself in the laundry , washing under the washing machine , the bookcase I have all the laundry on , flowing out the back door  , not a small boiler of course taller than me , the people to view the house are here in 1/2 an hour , can’t reach the plumber , the water is now flowing through the hall and bedroom walls , a feature lol 

Hope they’ve a sense of humour it will be fixed , just not sure when .

Oh Tink what bad luck, fingers crossed for you.

Nothing like as bad, but we had moved out of our house and the new potential owners were coming round to have a final viewing.We had had a leak that had been ‘fixed?’ Between the garage and the house. Went into the garage and it was very damp. My friend came straight round with her hairdryer and we dried it up! 

• Like 2

Noticing how small, once dead, NSW country towns are booming.  Fantastic day in Braidwood yesterday, seeing all the micro businesse’s that have moved in and people from interstate.  Noticed a Xmas shop in the Main Street and got talking to the older couple who own it, and they moved from Melbourne to get away. They had to rebuild a nearly derelict building from scratch, but doing very well.  They should be, we ended up spending $400 on a new Xmas tree!

• Like 1

Just finished watching Days Of Our Lives a two part documentary about the band Queen.  Now watching Freedom a docco about George Michael.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Noticing how small, once dead, NSW country towns are booming.  Fantastic day in Braidwood yesterday, seeing all the micro businesse’s that have moved in and people from interstate.  Noticed a Xmas shop in the Main Street and got talking to the older couple who own it, and they moved from Melbourne to get away. They had to rebuild a nearly derelict building from scratch, but doing very well.  They should be, we ended up spending $400 on a new Xmas tree!

Its good to see SMBs doing well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, newjez said:

People who wall paper ceilings should be shot, brought back to life, then shot again. God it's hard getting the stuff off.

skim it

1 hour ago, simmo said:

skim it

Don't think you can skim over wallpaper. The strength of adhesion was varied. Didn't want to take the risk of it coming away. We will be skimming it though, so it doesn't need to be perfect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Don't think you can skim over wallpaper. The strength of adhesion was varied. Didn't want to take the risk of it coming away. We will be skimming it though, so it doesn't need to be perfect.

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Skim over wallpaper....😂 yeh do it mate, it will be fine.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

4 hours ago, newjez said:

People who wall paper ceilings should be shot, brought back to life, then shot again. God it's hard getting the stuff off.

That and woodchip wall paper.  Worst stuff ever to get rid of.

2 hours ago, newjez said:

In your experience as a barman? Figures.

Barman??  Don’t you mean fireman?

• Like 1

Cleaning gutters up a stepladder is quite hard on one good leg...

• Sad 2

Got a new left eye this morning. Think I'll give Xmas a miss as I have to save for the right one..............I shouldn't be looking at a bright computer screen yet but just had to check if the expense was worth it...it was!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

this is what I saw walking in front of my home several weeks ago ... it was gone by the time I opened my patio door ...

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6522.JPG

26 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

They're lovely- all we get are the little skinks and , very rarely, a blue tongue.

Blue tongue lives between us and next door (can’t seem to make up his mind).  We make sure water is always available

• Like 2

not sure if this was the one that ate most of the frogs around my sons pond ... not a pleasant thing to hear ... 

10 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Got a new left eye this morning. Think I'll give Xmas a miss as I have to save for the right one..............I shouldn't be looking at a bright computer screen yet but just had to check if the expense was worth it...it was!

After waiting for a year to decide whether my mil can have her cateracs done, they have now added her to the queue.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, newjez said:

I've got to ask. What does it sound like?

thankfully I was not there to hear it ... but my daughter in law said it sounded like someone eating something squishy with their mouth open ... 

Stufftif...But enquired about sending 6 mangoes by courier service to a place near Brisbane...6 mangoes costs $93.

Well, they weigh a kilo each!

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, newjez said:

After waiting for a year to decide whether my mil can have her cateracs done, they have now added her to the queue.

She won't regret it. A whole new world for me and I'm yet to have the right one done. Can't wait! After wearing 'em for 8 yrs, no more glasses except for reading and I might not need them once the other eye is done. Hope the queue isn't too long for her. I couldn't wait as they threatened to take my driving licence away.

• Like 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

53 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

She won't regret it. A whole new world for me and I'm yet to have the right one done. Can't wait! After wearing 'em for 8 yrs, no more glasses except for reading and I might not need them once the other eye is done. Hope the queue isn't too long for her. I couldn't wait as they threatened to take my driving licence away.

She has macular degeneration as well, so she's not expecting miracles, but as long as she can still play cards she will be happy.

• Like 2

On 18/11/2018 at 22:03, Perthbum said:

Skim over wallpaper....😂 yeh do it mate, it will be fine.

Strip the lose stuff then unibond it . It's quite acceptable.