You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Head physio (top Yorkshire lass) told me I was done this morning and no more sessions. ¬†On telling her I was I was shocked and not mentally ready to be fired, she said ‚Äúgraduated, not fired‚ÄĚ. ¬†Went back later and gave her and her two assistants $90 of Lindt special assortment. ¬†Appears clients don‚Äôt give thanks and they were more than a little shocked. ¬†Collecting a rowing machine this weekend,¬†but I‚Äôll miss the professional advice big time

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Bursitis is a real PIA!

Tell me about it. ¬†Used to have it in both achilles¬†tendons. ¬†Cortison injections worked a treat. ¬†Left shoulder now. ¬†ūüė©¬†¬†Some days much ¬†better than others though. ¬†Was getting physio for it but I think it made it worse. ¬†Should go back to the doc but keep putting it off. ¬†Sometimes I have to take a couple of Panadol before going to bed just to get a decent nights sleep. ¬†Oh the joys of getting older. ¬†ūüôĄ

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Bursitis is a real PIA!

I had mine in the elbow.

41 minutes ago, Toots said:

Tell me about it. ¬†Used to have it in both achilles¬†tendons. ¬†Cortison injections worked a treat. ¬†Left shoulder now. ¬†ūüė©¬†¬†Some days much ¬†better than others though. ¬†Was getting physio for it but I think it made it worse. ¬†Should go back to the doc but keep putting it off. ¬†Sometimes I have to take a couple of Panadol before going to bed just to get a decent nights sleep. ¬†Oh the joys of getting older. ¬†ūüôĄ

I take magnesium for it and magnesium oil helps ... 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, the bottler said:

I take magnesium for it and magnesium oil helps ... 

Thanks bottler.  I saw small bottles of magnesium oil when I was in the chemist the other day.  There were also sprays.   I will get the little bottle to start with.  Do you use the spray?

Edited by Toots

Hoping somebody signs papers in time instead of sulking because they weren‚Äôt in control ūüė°.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Bursitis is a real PIA!

Turned out good for me in one way. I offloaded my heavy canon gear 'cause I could no longer lift it and switched to the smaller micro four thirds system. Enjoying my photography much more now. The only way I really get a good nights sleep is on my side with my arm tucked under the pillow, bursitis stopped me doing that but now it's eased, I'm back to sleeping good again. Hope your's come s good soon

• Like 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

1 minute ago, Johndoe said:

Turned out good for me in one way. I offloaded my heavy canon gear 'cause I could no longer lift it and switched to the smaller micro four thirds system. Enjoying my photography much more now. The only way I really get a good nights sleep is on my side with my arm tucked under the pillow, bursitis stopped me doing that but now it's eased, I'm back to sleeping good again. Hope your's come s good soon

I have even resorted to rubbing in the gel I got from the saddlery shop for our elderly horse. ¬†ūüėÉ

001.JPG

• Like 1

my rotator cuff enarf giving me jip lately.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Toots said:

I have even resorted to rubbing in the gel I got from the saddlery shop for our elderly horse. ¬†ūüėÉ

001.JPG

Whilst on the subject................are we? ūüôā Cow udder cream works great for eczema. I know someone who's suffered badly all their life and this cleared it up in a few weeks.

32 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

Whilst on the subject................are we? ūüôā Cow udder cream works great for eczema. I know someone who's suffered badly all their life and this cleared it up in a few weeks.

Do you mean Moo Goo?  I use the ordinary one as a moisturiser but I believe they are good for many people with skin issues.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Toots said:

Thanks bottler.  I saw small bottles of magnesium oil when I was in the chemist the other day.  There were also sprays.   I will get the little bottle to start with.  Do you use the spray?

I use the oil ... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simmo said:

I had mine in the elbow.

Nasty 

1 hour ago, Drumbeat said:

Do you mean Moo Goo?  I use the ordinary one as a moisturiser but I believe they are good for many people with skin issues.

I believe so. Originally intended for dairy farming purposes but I don't know if it has been altered since eczema sufferers latched on to it's properites

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simmo said:

my rotator cuff enarf giving me jip lately.

You may have the same problem as me Simmo.  Bursitis/Rotator Cuff Tendinitis. People with shoulder pain are most often diagnosed with bursitis or tendinitis of the rotator cuff. Also known as impingement syndrome, bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa that lies between the top of the humerus (arm bone) and the top of the shoulder.

Try some of the stuff we use.  I'm definitely going to try the magnesium oil as suggested by bottler.

• Like 1

This takes me back to the nightmare I had several years ago.

Broke my right arm in 3 places and had to have 3 long pins to mend my shoulder to arm. 

then developed bursitis in my other shoulder due to over use. 

Not the happiest time, 

My right shoulder has never fully recovered completely full movement

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Of course it’s the knee that’s been replaced.  Had the bursitis before the op but not as severe 

• Sad 1

finally found and bought the correct size tin for cooking brownies ... it's the little things ... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My husband is driving me mad.  I'm not expecting a solution, I just need to vent!

We've been back in Australia for two years, this time in Melbourne instead of Sydney.  We dithered at first about where we wanted to settle, as Melbourne was more expensive than we expected and Hobart was still on our radar.   I know my husband is VERY slow to make up his mind about anything,  and pressure makes it worse, so I sat back and let him take his time.   

It took him about eighteen months to decide he wants to stay in Melbourne.  House prices have now gone up in Melbourne by 40% in some places, making areas we could have bought in unaffordable.  

It's very difficult for us to find an apartment anyway, because he refuses to live in anything that isn't brand new.  It also must be totally private, quiet, inner city or bayside, with a view. When we do find something like that, it's too expensive. I can live with that challenge, I've lived with it for twelve years!  But here's the kicker - HE'S NOT TRYING.

The thing is, the flat we're renting meets all his criteria, apart from the fact that the fittings are shoddy and it gets blindingly hot in summer (which he constantly moans about), so it's obvious he doesn't really want to move.

I've done the sums and said to him, "If we buy a one-bedroom place as an investment, then we can afford to stay here renting, and then we've always got the investment property as a home in our old age, if we're stuck".   We don't have anyone to leave our money to, so it doesn't matter if we don't have much in assets when we die.   But he insists he doesn't want that, he wants the security of his own home. 

But then another weekend goes by and he hasn't looked at realestate.com.au or domain.com.au ONCE.    It gets to Friday, I sit down and find some places and make him sit down and go through them - he sits there for hours until he's found a tiny fault with all of them, and declares none of them are worth going to inspect.   

I wish he would have the balls to say, I don't want to move - then we could bring the rest of our belongings out of storage and I could make this rented flat a home.  But no, we go through this pretence that we're going to buy a place, then he does bugger all about it.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

The joy of being married to a procrastinator. ¬†ūüôā¬† Very frustrating for you Marisa especially as all you want to do is make the place homely. ¬†

I think you have the patience of a saint.  Don't know what else to say really.  Hopefully he'll gee himself up one of those day   ................  sooner than later for your sake.

• Like 2

Sitting with my feet up watching "Prince, Son And Heir: Charles at 70. 

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

My husband is driving me mad.  I'm not expecting a solution, I just need to vent!

We've been back in Australia for two years, this time in Melbourne instead of Sydney.  We dithered at first about where we wanted to settle, as Melbourne was more expensive than we expected and Hobart was still on our radar.   I know my husband is VERY slow to make up his mind about anything,  and pressure makes it worse, so I sat back and let him take his time.   

It took him about eighteen months to decide he wants to stay in Melbourne.  House prices have now gone up in Melbourne by 40% in some places, making areas we could have bought in unaffordable.  

It's very difficult for us to find an apartment anyway, because he refuses to live in anything that isn't brand new.  It also must be totally private, quiet, inner city or bayside, with a view. When we do find something like that, it's too expensive. I can live with that challenge, I've lived with it for twelve years!  But here's the kicker - HE'S NOT TRYING.

The thing is, the flat we're renting meets all his criteria, apart from the fact that the fittings are shoddy and it gets blindingly hot in summer (which he constantly moans about), so it's obvious he doesn't really want to move.

I've done the sums and said to him, "If we buy a one-bedroom place as an investment, then we can afford to stay here renting, and then we've always got the investment property as a home in our old age, if we're stuck".   We don't have anyone to leave our money to, so it doesn't matter if we don't have much in assets when we die.   But he insists he doesn't want that, he wants the security of his own home. 

But then another weekend goes by and he hasn't looked at realestate.com.au or domain.com.au ONCE.    It gets to Friday, I sit down and find some places and make him sit down and go through them - he sits there for hours until he's found a tiny fault with all of them, and declares none of them are worth going to inspect.   

I wish he would have the balls to say, I don't want to move - then we could bring the rest of our belongings out of storage and I could make this rented flat a home.  But no, we go through this pretence that we're going to buy a place, then he does bugger all about it.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

I would guess he is not settled yet, but isn't sure what he wants, or knows what he wants and is scared to tell you. I would suggest a weekend away while the weather is improving. Maybe to Tassie, and then bring out a piece of paper and start with pros and cons of current situation and where you want to go. Currently it's the sort of market where you can take a year to think about it, and it may be in your favour. Although I suspect Tassie may be rising, so if that is your ultimate destination, an investment property there could be a good idea.