register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, newjez said:

It's like paying for private medical treatment and then moaning about those getting treated on Medicare.

Be thankful you were lucky enough to grow up in the first world.

It's just good luck.why begrudge those less fortunate?

Oh , I am so grateful ... 

granddaughter , partner and baby flying to the U.K. to see her family ... family get together before they go ... 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Bobj said:

Odd, innit? 55 years ago tomorrow, I stepped on shore in Smellbum. And, never regretted one second of it, as it has been a huge and magnificent experience.

Cheers, Bobj.

As it is for anybody that doesn’t have their head up their you-know-where 

• Thanks 1

Exercise bike installed in lounge room.  Now if I can just get wife/daughter off it......

• Like 1

On 27/10/2018 at 07:28, simmo said:

man flu 🤕

just had a coffee and a beechams hot lemon and put the milk in the poxy hot lemon (last one)

Got the new exercise bike going but jeepers it’s hard to keep my right foot on the pedal.  Just pushes the bend in the knee to a tad more than I can handle, and that’s after some Panadol and Targin..Very disheartening 

Just left the Mrs and kids in IKEA/ jump giants and slipped off for a bit of medicinal beer.

Not much choice in Thurrock but found a propper spit and sawdust pub within walking distance. Smells a bit and sleeves sticking to the bar but better than walking around IKEA like a herd of cattle.

The pub is probs the roughest since the sundowner in Beenleigh.

Two blokes moving some tables about, I asked if they were bailiffs.. didn't go down well.

• Haha 1

I’m off to Japan today, never been before and quite excited.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ramot said:

I’m off to Japan today, never been before and quite excited.

Oh I've often wondered... please post a review???

• Like 1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Stufftif, but...After numerous phone calls from'Telstra' and my stock answer of "Not interested", I got 3 calls in one day and replied that if they could send me an email describing the state of my computer as their extremely clipped accents are impossible for an old man to decipher, I would be happy to help. Not a murmur from them for the last month...I wonder was it something I said????

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just read Sara Cox is taking over from Simon mayo on radio 2 drive time. Can't stand that woman. So glad I am not longer driving.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7588697/simon-mayo-quit-radio-2-jo-whiley-bbc/amp/

Edited by newjez
  • Haha 1

Iknwc but after a week of no work, I’ve 3 jobs tomorrow , 12 hours straight , thank goodness the last 2 are bar work .

• Like 5

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:58, simmo said:

Just left the Mrs and kids in IKEA/ jump giants and slipped off for a bit of medicinal beer.

Not much choice in Thurrock but found a propper spit and sawdust pub within walking distance. Smells a bit and sleeves sticking to the bar but better than walking around IKEA like a herd of cattle.

The pub is probs the roughest since the sundowner in Beenleigh.

If you wanted something more yuppified you should have walked in the opposite direction. There's a wine bar by Chafford Hundred Railway Station (use the footbridge from Lakeside to cut a chunk out of the walk). That is of course provided they haven't installed sawdust since I was last there....

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

5 minutes ago, Ken said:

If you wanted something more yuppified you should have walked in the opposite direction. There's a wine bar by Chafford Hundred Railway Station (use the footbridge from Lakeside to cut a chunk out of the walk). That is of course provided they haven't installed sawdust since I was last there....

I saw that when i searched "pubs near me" into google but chose the one slightly nearer. I will know next time.  That where lakeside fails in comparison to blue water.  In BW I can sit in Browns or the tapas bar. 

40 minutes ago, simmo said:

I saw that when i searched "pubs near me" into google but chose the one slightly nearer. I will know next time.  That where lakeside fails in comparison to blue water.  In BW I can sit in Browns or the tapas bar. 

There used to be a Tapas Bar in Lakeside - has it gone? Probably been lots of changes I haven't been back for years.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Been doing a lot of research into battery technology and who sells what as daughters car has nearly killed another battery.  Obviously you get what you pay for, but it isn’t readily apparent if you’re getting good value.  Choosing the best battery technology for the actual application can actually save money and add reliability.  Don’t let a shop or auto electrician throw in any old thing, they’d like to see you back in a year or two...

• Like 1

Hallowe’en went off very nicely...Bought mars bars, crunchiest, jelly babies and maltesers

and no kids to share them with

Yummm!

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 30/10/2018 at 10:08, Bulya said:

Been doing a lot of research into battery technology and who sells what as daughters car has nearly killed another battery.  Obviously you get what you pay for, but it isn’t readily apparent if you’re getting good value.  Choosing the best battery technology for the actual application can actually save money and add reliability.  Don’t let a shop or auto electrician throw in any old thing, they’d like to see you back in a year or two...

Doesn't your driving activity affect the life of the battery.

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Doesn't your driving activity affect the life of the battery.

Well if you let them go flat it’s a killer for any type.  Good idea to invest in an intelligent battery charger and give it a weekly charge.