You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

I struggle drinking water since parts of my esophogus and stomach were removed and I was not permitted to drink anything fizzy again. Anyway certain cordial makes the water slimy enough at the right consistency. So I brought some strawberry cordial in. NEVER AGAIN. I have been accused, asked or it’s been insinuated by every single nurse that it’s alcohol 🍷. I asked what alcohol would even look that colour and was told pink champagne. Well I hate wine/champagne and haven’t had a drop of alcohol apart from a small glass of Baileys on Christmas Day. 

‘When Hubby visited yesterday I was just venting my frustration when another nurse came in and asked what it was. He said he was going to find loads of empty wine bottles and plant them in my room when I’ve gone.

So tell me all you alcoholics out there. Does this really look an Over 18’s drink 🥤 

2B98C0F0-91BA-4E3A-8711-DC148BE531AA.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

5 hours ago, Tink said:

Decisions decisions decisions 

ive got $10 and the grass needs cutting as I’ve got some lookin the house later 

so do I buy fuel for the tractor 

or bread and milk as I’ve run out 

life in the fast lane lol 

Or get the fuel so you can get out of their faster and I will send you some money for some food

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I struggle drinking water since parts of my esophogus and stomach were removed and I was not permitted to drink anything fizzy again. Anyway certain cordial makes the water slimy enough at the right consistency. So I brought some strawberry cordial in. NEVER AGAIN. I have been accused, asked or it’s been insinuated by every single nurse that it’s alcohol 🍷. I asked what alcohol would even look that colour and was told pink champagne. Well I hate wine/champagne and haven’t had a drop of alcohol apart from a small glass of Baileys on Christmas Day. 

‘When Hubby visited yesterday I was just venting my frustration when another nurse came in and asked what it was. He said he was going to find loads of empty wine bottles and plant them in my room when I’ve gone.

So tell me all you alcoholics out there. Does this really look an Over 18’s drink 🥤 

Just get them to taste it.  Problem solved 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Just get them to taste it.  Problem solved 

I did tell them to try it, a few picked it up and smelt it. 

‘Yesterday I also had a run in with one of the catering staff, all of them are absolutely lovely here and they basically don’t stick me on the set menu and I can make my own meals up, but this one woman yesterday wanted to take my fruit away at lunch because it had been there since breakfast. I said it was fine I didn’t mind and she said well I do and you aren’t having it. So I asked if she was going to go around every room in the hospital taking away patients fruit baskets, grapes etc, so she threw it back at me and walked out. I could understand if it was a egg and mayo sandwich, or meat/dairy etc but fruit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

‘Yesterday I also had a run in with one of the catering staff, all of them are absolutely lovely here and they basically don’t stick me on the set menu and I can make my own meals up, but this one woman yesterday wanted to take my fruit away at lunch because it had been there since breakfast. I said it was fine I didn’t mind and she said well I do and you aren’t having it. So I asked if she was going to go around every room in the hospital taking away patients fruit baskets, grapes etc, so she threw it back at me and walked out. I could understand if it was a egg and mayo sandwich, or meat/dairy etc but fruit. 

Give her an infraction warning Pom Queen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

Only downside at Calvary Hospital here was the food.  Across the road at Calvary Private they have a French chef.  That would have been nice

32 minutes ago, Parley said:

Give her an infraction warning Pom Queen.

It’s just her, one of the young lads came in to visit me in his lunch break and shared photos of his holiday, he said she is the only one who gets complaints. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Only downside at Calvary Hospital here was the food.  Across the road at Calvary Private they have a French chef.  That would have been nice

I think if I was coming in as a one off I’d say the food was good, but spending 2 weeks every month in here gets boring. They don’t even have a proper cafe for guests, just a Hudson coffee. Yet the PA public hospital across as a few places to eat plus some delicious vending machines with meals served in glass jars. 

9 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I think you'll find this is what all the nurses drink when they go off duty

5650fa64745786bf0ed14db167b66bdf740545fd.jpg

• Haha 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

39 minutes ago, Ken said:

I think you'll find this is what all the nurses drink when they go off duty

5650fa64745786bf0ed14db167b66bdf740545fd.jpg

Ahh so they probably wanted to share it then lol.

7 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I think if I was coming in as a one off I’d say the food was good, but spending 2 weeks every month in here gets boring. They don’t even have a proper cafe for guests, just a Hudson coffee. Yet the PA public hospital across as a few places to eat plus some delicious vending machines with meals served in glass jars. 

The cafe at Calvary is part of the National Zouki chain that feed 40,000 daily.  The cakes get me every time 

I took my daughter to see A Star is Born last night. Gold Class.

What a fantastic movie it was. I was nearly bawling at the end it was so emotional.

I didn't know Bradley Cooper could sing at all, but both he and Lady Gaga were superb.

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

On 19/10/2018 at 04:06, The Pom Queen said:

Could be pink Gin, which is quite tasty 😛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritChickx said:

Could be pink Gin, which is quite tasty 😛

Lol trust you to know. 

• Like 1

IKNOWC but finally got home after my long week away and that’s only because I discharged myself before the Dr did his rounds 😊 I also have to break the news to him yet that I will be back in 3 weeks not next week. 

• Like 5

IKNWC. Working away so looking for somewhere to eat. Find a nice pub and order food and a drink. Place is busy very noisy. Suddenly the evening entertainment starts.....its SEA SHANTY night. One guy singing a verse closely followed by a group of blokes repeating the verse. OMG haven't people got better things to do? Man, I need another drink.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bristle said:

IKNWC. Working away so looking for somewhere to eat. Find a nice pub and order food and a drink. Place is busy very noisy. Suddenly the evening entertainment starts.....its SEA SHANTY night. One guy singing a verse closely followed by a group of blokes repeating the verse. OMG haven't people got better things to do? Man, I need another drink.

or three ! ...

1 minute ago, the bottler said:

or three ! ...

Had one more then left. I was too scared that I would be press-ganged and wake up on ship. Think they sensed fresh meat!

3 minutes ago, Bristle said:

Had one more then left. I was too scared that I would be press-ganged and wake up on ship. Think they sensed fresh meat!

you should be so lucky ! ... 

28 minutes ago, the bottler said:

you should be so lucky ! ... 

True, but I think I'd jump overboard if I had to listen to more of those damn shanties. Wishful thinking about being fresh meat..... It's been a long time since I've been fresh anything!

Edited by Bristle
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bristle said:

True, but I think I'd jump overboard if I had to listen to more of those damn shanties. Wishful thinking about being fresh meat..... It's been a long time since I've been fresh anything!

Except out of ideas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

IKNOWC but finally got home after my long week away and that’s only because I discharged myself before the Dr did his rounds 😊 I also have to break the news to him yet that I will be back in 3 weeks not next week. 

“You’re terrible, Muriel”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Aloha. I'm off to the sun.

have a great time Parley and stay away from volcanoes ... 

• Like 1