You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

Jade hit a Roo She only got the car (brand new) on August 1st! She's fine just a bit shook up!

44938154162_c846161a82_o.jpg&key=46bdec3e2045f0c7acae949523be279d7fc969fae88e916e56af1da61b3abbbb42689765_10217606326097875_286118063990898688_n by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

Wowzers!! Glad she is ok.
  • Like 1

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

5 hours ago, simmo said:

Do insurance companies cover too strikes?

Of course, it’s the majority of their business.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

Yep. I think she's insured for a new car in the first 12 months. Just waiting for assessor

Off topic but bought daughter a Suzuki SX4 manual a year back and it’s been a revelation.  I’ve owned over 30 vehicles (a few company cars) and it has been a real winner, reliable and great to drive.  Hope you have a good insurance outcome 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

Yep. I think she's insured for a new car in the first 12 months. Just waiting for assessor

Glad she is okay. My son recently ran over a dead one in the middle of the road. No panel damage but ripped all the pipes off the underside of the car.

I have to ask. How is the kangaroo ? Was it killed ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

5 minutes ago, Parley said:

Glad she is okay. My son recently ran over a dead one in the middle of the road. No panel damage but ripped all the pipes off the underside of the car.

Are you kidding???

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Are you kidding???

No why ? Don't you care about native animals ?

1 minute ago, Parley said:

No why ? Don't you care about native animals ?

Yes, but did you actually look at the damage???

6 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Yes, but did you actually look at the damage???

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Yes.

Then you know the answer.  I guess you’re bored?

31 minutes ago, Bulya said:

Then you know the answer.  I guess you’re bored?

No I don't.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

If the animal is dead check the pouch for a baby.  Often the baby is still alive.  You can take it to someone who is a volunteer for WIRES (Wildlife Rescue) and they will care for it until it is old enough to be released into the wild.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Parley said:

Yes. As you perhaps know she is a conservationist and was more upset about the roo than her car.

• Like 4

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

On 03/09/2018 at 23:56, The Pom Queen said:

Well if you have a rotary hoe or whatever they are called please let me know the son is driving me insane to buy one along with a greenhouse as he wants to start growing his own veg, he keeps trying and was having success until our last helper decided to pull all my plants out and also every thing he had planted in old bath tubs. Her excuse was I thought they were weeds, for goodness sake, some were flowering and my sons had Chilli peppers and tomatoes visible. She was a very vindictive person. I’ve told him he can start again, but he wants to do it in an area that @Bobj had shown him, he has put sprinklers in ready, but needs to start getting everything prepped. 

Add some old goat and fowl poobefore and dig it in. About a week later, plant more seeds and a good sprinkle ow water. When the seeds germinate, put in signs as to what the plants are.

Cheers, Bobj.

11 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Yes. As you perhaps know she is a conservationist and was more upset about the roo than her car.

Yesterday morning, @Johndoe, we, Mum and I, were driving from Charters Towers towards Townsville and, came across a huge (4x3m) sign at the side of the road.It was an advert for Billabong Sanctuary, (showing twice daily), with a photo of Jade and a wedge tailed eagle. As we were in the middle of a line of cars, we couldn't get a photo.

?

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 3

On 11/09/2018 at 01:01, the bottler said:

I was told they don't sting ... I spent several hours when I first emigrated pruning dead branches off grevillias and they left me alone ... but I did spray weed killer yesterday near the roots of an old tree that had fallen down where they were buzzing around ... one bee harassed all the way down the long drive as I carried on spraying ... he was joined by several others as I walked back up ... I went out at teatime to collect my abandoned sprayer and there was a bee buzzing around ... left it were it was ... still there ... 

I only had one sting and that really hurt for ages ... you and your son must have really suffered ...

Near The Elsey Cemetery, NT, bees looking for a good drink of water. Even had them crawling over my hands as I poured water in the container...

P1070310.JPG.f099d5ae41e5f78acdd4ec0bdee6980f.JPG

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

Near The Elsey Cemetery, NT, bees looking for a good drink of water. Even had them crawling over my hands as I poured water in the container...

P1070310.JPG.f099d5ae41e5f78acdd4ec0bdee6980f.JPG

Cheers, Bobj.

I have never had a problem before with bush bees ... pruning grevillea ... pulling weeds that are growing among the branches of prostrate ones while they were all over the plant ... I have sometimes gone over and stood very close to their hive in the tree root ... but that day one bee became very angry with me ... followed me down the long drive constantly dive bombing me ... 

• Like 2

doing gardening yesterday I found two plants that have rooted themselves several times ... love plants for free ... it's the little things ... 

• Like 4

back home and enjoying a few days gardening ... the daughter of the lady I have been helping after her operation has flown over to spend time with her ... not sure if I will need to go back ... 

• Like 1

Survived MUA and subsequent CPM in hospital and now home.  Picked up a bug and more soreness along the way.  I think I must be doing something wrong....

• Sad 3