ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

Any tips on pain relief without pills?

You can try heat and cold also.

Buy a heat (wheat) pack from the chemist and hea tin the microwave. Place against the painful area.

Cold also works. An ice pack or something cold from the freezer held against the painful area.

I get a painful neck and do this. I think the cold works better for me.

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, Quoll said:

Acupuncture? My son (the weird one) swears by it since he tore his pectoral.  Alternatively are there any topical gels they can give you? Mum had ketaprofen (ketamine in gel form) and that was pretty magic. If it's not muscular/skeletal then pills it probably will have to be. Hope it all abates quickly.

Up to 12 months after a TKR.  I’ll be a basket case long before then

3 hours ago, Tink said:

I meditate , I find it can belp

I take endone , and if it’s not to bad meditation can at least reduce the amount I take .

I can have Endone but then instant constipation so it’s a no no.  Very annoying 

2 hours ago, Parley said:

You can try heat and cold also.

Buy a heat (wheat) pack from the chemist and hea tin the microwave. Place against the painful area.

Cold also works. An ice pack or something cold from the freezer held against the painful area.

I get a painful neck and do this. I think the cold works better for me.

Using regular ice pack as it’s swollen.  Knee is like a mini heater, freaked out the physio ladies so much they were sure it was infected, so I spent 6 odd hours in emergency at the local hospital.  Bloods and X-rays all came back normal

4 hours ago, the bottler said:

back from visiting my great grandson ... gorgeous little soul ... so good ... sleeping and feeding really well ... marks and bruises on his face are fading already ... 

Thank you everyone for the reassurance ... it helped me a lot ... 

Wonderful news. I’m so happy for you all.

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

8 hours ago, Tink said:

Yes just not got town water anymore 

I’m guessing no power then? I hate the taste of our tank water. We can’t drink the bore either too much iron.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

I can have Endone but then instant constipation so it’s a no no.  Very annoying 

You do have other options on pain relief. Also get some Osmolax. https://www.osmolaxrelief.com.au/

Dont forget you can take both neurofen and paracetamol together. Also consider morphine patches. 

‘Hubby got a TENS machine but it didn’t work for him.

They may be able to give you an injection for the swelling if it is causing the pain.

When I’ve had my asceptic meningitis I find morphine etc doesn’t work at all but dexamethosone is like a miracle drug. When Rob was in hospital nothing worked for his shoulder/neck pain and I asked if he could try dex, he did and it worked straight away for him as well. 

38 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

You do have other options on pain relief. Also get some Osmolax. https://www.osmolaxrelief.com.au/

Dont forget you can take both neurofen and paracetamol together. Also consider morphine patches. 

‘Hubby got a TENS machine but it didn’t work for him.

They may be able to give you an injection for the swelling if it is causing the pain.

When I’ve had my asceptic meningitis I find morphine etc doesn’t work at all but dexamethosone is like a miracle drug. When Rob was in hospital nothing worked for his shoulder/neck pain and I asked if he could try dex, he did and it worked straight away for him as well. 

Thanks I’ll look at those and I know we had a TENS machine.  Hope we didn’t chuck it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the bottler said:

back from visiting my great grandson ... gorgeous little soul ... so good ... sleeping and feeding really well ... marks and bruises on his face are fading already ... 

Thank you everyone for the reassurance ... it helped me a lot ... 

Bet you sleep better tonight, so pleased he is looking better. xM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

Thanks I’ll look at those and I know we had a TENS machine.  Hope we didn’t chuck it 

Also you could try the infrared lamps, that helps Hubby 

I had a letter from Amy yesterday ( written by her carer ) ... she must have a new key worker as this is the third letter in three months ... I only received two in three years before ... it is full of news of her ... she works two days a week ... has a line dancing class ... does aerobics ... and every Friday there is a disco ... so a full and happy life ... 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, ramot said:

Still on the same page 48 years today

197481FE-63E6-4781-BFDE-BB46C54FAECA.jpeg

anniversary.jpg

• Like 1

3 degrees is still bloody cold even if -25C is colder.

It’s middling....(on the cold scale....)

On 23/09/2018 at 20:54, Bulya said:

TEMS not TENS

Iknwc but yesterday I went to the charity food barn

wonderful places , food cheap or free , you would never starve in QLD , 

life so unpredictable, was only couple of months ago I was volunteer in similar place , now I’m enjoying the wonderful facility 

• Like 4

I have another great grandson ... born in the early hours of this morning ... weighs just over 9 pounds ... and has chubby , kissable cheeks ... 

he is ... my other one is doing well ... a great granddaughter due in January ... how lucky am I ? ... 

Awwww how lovely! Congratulations!
Not that long until the next one either!

My Nan had 8 great grandchildren (mainly only saw our 3) but she loved them all.
  • Like 1

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

Iknwc , but to the person who has taken  the equity out of the family home , stripped the bank accounts bare , run up huge credit bills , taken the only car paid for 
I truely hope karma and all her friends find you soon ,

So sorry to hear this Tink. Stay strong. X
  • Thanks 1

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

For iPhone users IOS 12.1 Pubic Beta released.  Only been a few days since 12 itself released. Beta is working fine on my iPhone 7

11.4 killed my battery on my 6s. Put 12 on and it’s like a new phone again!

Hubby, Paramedic.

Still on the same page 48 years today
197481FE-63E6-4781-BFDE-BB46C54FAECA.thumb.jpeg.4bd605a13dbe743ae0e0ee1671e751f8.jpeg

Happy anniversary.
  • Like 1

Hubby, Paramedic.

6 minutes ago, Tappers2oz said:

11.4 killed my battery on my 6s. Put 12 on and it’s like a new phone again!

IOS 11 was a Dogs breakfast!

End of week 2 of nurse training and I survived!
Met a lovely bunch of people (about 90 in the class split into 2 groups), learning new stuff even this early on. Got 3 exam/assignment dates between now and xmas (and a basic maths test, not formally marked). A 2,000 word essay due in about 4-5 weeks. I’ve not done academic writing in 3-4 years.
Uniform fitting done, extra inoculations done, Manual Handling and other practical’ stuff coming up. It’s all go!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hubby, Paramedic.