ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest33730

I know no one will care but...........

44 minutes ago, newjez said:

Experiened -16 in Edinburgh.

Which is actually in Scotland.

I think the coldest I experienced down in SE England was about -10.

South east Australia is about to get a very cold snap which will extend up to SE Queensland at least by the end of the weekend.  We are forecasted 3C on Sunday night which, for where I live, will be easily the coldest I have seen here.  Might see our first ground frost here.

• Haha 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

I think winter will be on Monday this year

On 02/06/2018 at 08:42, ramot said:

I'm having the shingles jab this week, if any one gets a reaction it will be me! Watch this space.

pneumonia jab here is I think for ever 70's lasts 5 years and renewed once. 

Had the shingles jab yesterday and no reaction at all, but had a bad reaction to the flu jab, so you never know what you will react to.

9 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Parley was saying that 3C was like being back in England.  Fair comment.  I never experienced -20C in England.

Worked in -26 point of ayer  coal mine on end of dee estuary and Irish Sea back in 84 I think,  sea froze , excavators frozen to the ground could not move them big blowtorch to melt the ground to get them free , lasted for about 6 weeks never been that cold since 

Getting my parking spot back yesterday, after some usurper decided to nick it, for four days. The liberty!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Parley was saying that 3C was like being back in England.  Fair comment.  I never experienced -20C in England.

I experienced -25C when I was working in Poland. The Poles however insisted that wasn't cold. "Wait 'til it gets to -40C. That's Cold".

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

3 degrees is still bloody cold even if -25C is colder.

I want it all, and I want it now.

17 hours ago, ssiri said:

Getting my parking spot back yesterday, after some usurper decided to nick it, for four days. The liberty!

I get annoyed because someone has been parking out the front of my house.

Even though I don't own the road it is still annoying.

Because a neighbour has 4 cars in their household they expect to park in front of everyone else houses and then my son comes to see me and can't park in front.

Really a resident should be able to park in front of his own house shouldn't he ? At least in the suburbs.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Just got back from a 3 week holiday to celebrate our silver wedding - suffering from jet lag.

• Like 6

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

It's the shortest day of the year here today.  Lovely bright sunny day.  14C.  This is my Christmas cactus so in the northern hemisphere is would be flowering at Christmas time not in June.

003.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Toots said:

It's the shortest day of the year here today.  Lovely bright sunny day.  14C.  This is my Christmas cactus so in the northern hemisphere is would be flowering at Christmas time not in June.

003.JPG

Lovely cactus! It’s the longest day of the year here and when I got back from A&E at just after 3am having been with dad in there, the sky was doing its dawn like lightening. Very weird.

40 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Lovely cactus! It’s the longest day of the year here and when I got back from A&E at just after 3am having been with dad in there, the sky was doing its dawn like lightening. Very weird.

Hope your Dad is ok xxx

4 hours ago, Quoll said:

How is your Dad now Quoll?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

How is your Dad now Quoll?   

Thanks guys. They kept him in overnight and probably tonight as well, trying to get his fluids in balance. He has congestive heart failure and an infection so they’re just pumping him with antibiotics and diuretics at the moment. Every time takes its toll on us all though!

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Quoll said:

Thanks guys. They kept him in overnight and probably tonight as well, trying to get his fluids in balance. He has congestive heart failure and an infection so they’re just pumping him with antibiotics and diuretics at the moment. Every time takes its toll on us all though!

Not an easy time for your poor old Dad or for you.  

xx

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Quoll said:

Just read your post Quoll, sorry to hear you're going through hard times with your dad. I've done the dawn watch and it ain't fun. Hope both your dad AND YOU are recovering.

• Like 1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

14 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Just read your post Quoll, sorry to hear you're going through hard times with your dad. I've done the dawn watch and it ain't fun. Hope both your dad AND YOU are recovering.

Same .  Hope he recovers soon. Nothing worse than the worry you have when a loved one is ill.

• Like 1

Cannot believe it but I've finished my first year at university! :D I have a year 2 prep lesson, otherwise that's it now until September :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A friend and I went to see The Bookshop at the local cinema.  Walked back home  .....................  a lovely clear, frosty night and a full moon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toots said:

A friend and I went to see The Bookshop at the local cinema.  Walked back home  .....................  a lovely clear, frosty night and a full moon.

They have a bookshop at your local cinema? How unusual it's normally just a popcorn stand? 

I know it's a stupid joke but sometimes I just can't resist!

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

16 hours ago, Ken said:

They have a bookshop at your local cinema?

Our local cinema does have a bookshop!      A classy affair it is too - books all about film.   ?

• Like 1

Stiufftif...But I retired 20 years ago today. 

Yeehaa!

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was stuck in a long traffic jam the other day.

3BE5C1F2-6E8E-4E09-BBF4-6F7D873B5443.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Lovely day here.  I had Harry all lined up for this photo but he took off after a rabbit.  This is his favourite rabbit hunting place.  After that he managed to stand still for a pic at his second favourite hunting place   .................  this time it's crab hunting.

001.JPG

005.JPG

• Like 4

Last piece of the puzzle complete today. I was given the go ahead by Occ Health to start the Nursing course in Sept. All I’m waiting for now is the start date.

• Like 3

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018.