You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest glenway

Anyone here with experience as T24 tester who got ACS positive response?

Guest glenway

Hi,

I just want to know if there is anyone here with Globus/T24 testing experience who got a positive assessment from ACS.

It seems that software/computing tester, which is classifed under 2231-79 (nec) is not included in MODL or CSL.

Just need to see the possibility of getting a positive response from ACS before applying for skills assessment.

Thanks.

Guest skipling

Hi Glenway

I managed to get a positive response from ACS and my role is not on the MODL or CSL either. So long as it's on the SOL.

Will you be applying by RPL or with the easier route of Skills Assessment application (the latter applies if you have an IT related degree). If you don't have a degree but you've been in IT for several years the RPL is the way to go. I found this site really useful when I wrote mine: RPLHelp - provides assistance to anyone who is preparing an Australian Computer Society (ACS) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application for assessment for migration, including example CBOK sections, project reports and references..

If you do have to do an RPL, i'd say read it through a couple of weeks after you have completed it and then add in any reflection or additional thoughts. Fresh eyes and all that - really helps.

I'm guessing you are more concerned about having enough points for the application without the extra MODL points perhaps (CSL only affects processing priority and doesn't give you extra points). A sponsored visa may probably be a better route - at the moment it requires slightly less points. Take a look at the Skilled Migration booklet (Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet) and tot up how many points you may have. Remember to add in points for current work experience, and getting a good pass mark on the IELTS test helps a lot too!

As you can probably tell from the forum, things are constantly changing and it's really frustrating. First step is your skills assessment, so get cracking on that and Good Luck!

You might want to consider talking to an agent too, they should be able to advise you. That said - GollyWobbler on here rocks!

Suzie

Guest glenway
Hi Glenway

I managed to get a positive response from ACS and my role is not on the MODL or CSL either. So long as it's on the SOL.

Will you be applying by RPL or with the easier route of Skills Assessment application (the latter applies if you have an IT related degree). If you don't have a degree but you've been in IT for several years the RPL is the way to go. I found this site really useful when I wrote mine: RPLHelp - provides assistance to anyone who is preparing an Australian Computer Society (ACS) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application for assessment for migration, including example CBOK sections, project reports and references..

If you do have to do an RPL, i'd say read it through a couple of weeks after you have completed it and then add in any reflection or additional thoughts. Fresh eyes and all that - really helps.

I'm guessing you are more concerned about having enough points for the application without the extra MODL points perhaps (CSL only affects processing priority and doesn't give you extra points). A sponsored visa may probably be a better route - at the moment it requires slightly less points. Take a look at the Skilled Migration booklet (Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet) and tot up how many points you may have. Remember to add in points for current work experience, and getting a good pass mark on the IELTS test helps a lot too!

As you can probably tell from the forum, things are constantly changing and it's really frustrating. First step is your skills assessment, so get cracking on that and Good Luck!

You might want to consider talking to an agent too, they should be able to advise you. That said - GollyWobbler on here rocks!

Suzie

Thanks, Suzie! sorry for this late reply..had an internet connectivity problem...

I have IT degree so I'm not applying for RPL...I plan for a sponsored visa and got 115 points.

My concern actually is whether I still have a good chance of getting a positive response from ACS as my IT background in T24 (used in banking), being not in MODL, is not in demand (of course) and therefore, could limit my chances of getting hired in OZ..well, just want to be sure..though your reply somehow assures me..

If I may ask, what is your IT background?

Guest skipling

Hi Glenway

I'm glad you don't have to do an RPL, that should make things much easier for you.

I've been in IT for around 10 years (no degree). I'm DBA (sql) looking after the system server and data for our IT knowledge database. I also handle the technical writing and IT user training. Suffice to say they keep me REALLY busy. Started off at the bottom and worked my way up. I work for a very supportive company thats keen to foster your (my) development. They are not silly - we have a very high staff retention rate. Nobody wants to leave, we know which side our bread is buttered!

That said, I can't wait to stretch my wings and fly off to Austalia. It's time for a massive change and I'm more than ready for it. If we could pack up and leave tomorrow, we would. Unfortunately we are in for a long wait. But I have no doubt, it'll be worth it.

We are aiming for WA, Perth - I have some family out there already.

How about you?