Hayfever

beastmaster2452

G-Day PIO,

Has anyone suffered from hayfever in the UK as a child but as they got older grew out of it, then moved the Aus and started to suffer again. This is my first spring here in Aus (Wagga Wagga / country life) and my eyes are killing me, I'm going to the chemist today but I was just wondering if anyone else had or has the same problem?

Matt

:arghh:

Guest Guest31881
G-Day PIO,

Has anyone suffered from hayfever in the UK as a child but as they got older grew out of it, then moved the Aus and started to suffer again. This is my first spring here in Aus (Wagga Wagga / country life) and my eyes are killing me, I'm going to the chemist today but I was just wondering if anyone else had or has the same problem?

Matt

You will probably find its because your body is not accustomed to the different pollens that are floating around here. so your reaction will be more sever?

Yes it's because of the new pollens. You might desensitise yourself again, or you might have to go to your Doctor for a bit of help.

Sad news for the two men in my house!

I came here hoping that the opposite was true - was I ever wrong! :twitcy:

*reaches for the tissues again*

I have suffered for pretty much all of my life however my doc as a kid always told me that it goes in 7 year cycles but you can have them back to back to back............I never thought that I would ever be free but low and behold after my first year in S.Africa I was for the first time.Cannot remember how long it lasted but it did bloody come back some time after my middle child however it is way milder than when I was a kid/young adult.Anyhoo it makes me wonder if the doc was right all those years ago.......so a bit of hope for new and old sufferers.

G-Day PIO,

Matt

No mate , but i developed Asthma in Oz ( thats not a complaint by the way).

Bunbury as you are aware is on the coast, with very low pollution ......i leave Brum and pick up Asthma in Oz.

Bunbury has a very high incidence of Asthma ......dont know why ?

Archived