Guest Glynn2547

Do we have to book insurance on a one way ticket to oz?

Guest Glynn2547

Hi Guys,

booked our one way ticket yesterday direct with Singapore airlines, do we still need insurance as they never offered any?

all advise welcome

Regards

The Baker Family:biggrin:

Guest Guest31881
Hi Guys,

booked our one way ticket yesterday direct with Singapore airlines, do we still need insurance as they never offered any?

all advise welcome

Regards

The Baker Family:biggrin:

Personally i did not bother, I just jumped on plane.

We booked our one way flights to Brisbane through the Flight Centre going on Singapore Airlines at the end of November and we purchased insurance. You just never know what can happen... so better to be be safe than sorry.

Char, Kev, ReeRee and Pookey Shoes have actually DONE it!!

I would get insurance. We did even though we had annual insurance as the small print said we were not covered for one way.

Can't remember who it was with but search for one way insurance as most only cover you for return trips.

It wasn't expensive.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Yes we had insurance too, from a comapny called go walkabout who do one way emigration insurance. Go Walkabout Travel Insurance We had it cover us for the first three weeks we were there, long enough to sort out proper personal effects cover.

Jules

Edited to add: It is possible some disaster could befall you before you fly, without insurance you would have to rebook the flights at your own cost but technically if you aren't taking anything of value and you're prepared to take the risk that nothing will stop you taking the flights then you don't NEED insurance - Medicare will kick in once you arrive.

Yes we had insurance too, from a comapny called go walkabout who do one way emigration insurance. Go Walkabout Travel Insurance We had it cover us for the first three weeks we were there, long enough to sort out proper personal effects cover.

Jules

Edited to add: It is possible some disaster could befall you before you fly, without insurance you would have to rebook the flights at your own cost but technically if you aren't taking anything of value and you're prepared to take the risk that nothing will stop you taking the flights then you don't NEED insurance - Medicare will kick in once you arrive.

That's the one we used! We did the same used it to cover our journey and for a few weeks until organised.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Guest siamsusie

Jules

I have drummed it into my children "Insurance". I have seen illness kick in en route to Oz in Thailand , etc. It is an extremely expensive business, Go Walkabout for one person is 90 odd pounds for 50 days to Oz, a small price to pay really:wubclub:

Guest proud2beaussie

I would NEVER consider travelling without insurance,I was on a trip to Switzerland about 6 years ago and broke my leg sking,my travel insurance covered my flights back home and the cost of the medical treatment in Lausanne.

It just isn't worth the risk.

We never had it when we arrived but it wasn't through the lack of trying, most companies would not entertain you if you didn't have a return ticket. You have the Go Walkabout now and would have definately have used them if they had been around when we came over.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Must add that one to the 'to do' list (currently two huge sheets of paper approx 6ft square!!!). Is it me or is emigrating like a military exercise????