Visa granted! [309 offshore spouse visa]

Happy Lass

We arrived at the embassy in Auckland for our appointment on Thursday morning with our completed forms and a *huge* envelope packed full of evidence covering the 4 years we have been together. I had initially sorted out a pile that stood just about 6 inches tall, which my DH pared down to about half of that and I still didn't think we had enough! We also brought with us the original versions of our birth certificates, marriage certificate and passports just in case there was a problem with the certified copies we had.

We were seen straight away by a very professional and very nice woman at the embassy. We had our forms, stat decs and certificates together in one envelope and our evidence in another [huge] envelope. She went through our forms to make sure we had filled it all in correctly then checked the original certificates with the certified copies we had brought with us. We were asked to ring back later that same day and when we did she had another question for us then asked us to come back in at the same time the following day.

We turned up at 10 and I was given a letter and a form to complete. I was asked for my passport and said she was going to put my visa in it -- I didn't dare to hope as we had already discussed my receiving a tourist visa and the letter only said that our application for the 309 was likely to be granted. Ten minutes later, we were called into another room where she congratulated us and welcomed me to Australia! My DH will tell you that I didn't stop smiling until we fell asleep hours later when we arrived back in Sydney that same evening. We just got home to Hobart just two hours ago and I still keep checking my passport just to be sure :wubclub:

We had absolutely no idea that it would be sorted out so quickly and were fully expecting to have to get a new tourist visa for me and then book a second trip a bit later. We weren't asked to fill out or provide anything beyond what was on the checklist and on the partner visa area of the main DIAC site. Everyone at the embassy in Auckland was professional and we really can't speak highly enough of the case manager who granted my visa and the staff there.

Last but not at all least, we both want to give a BIG thanks to PIO and especially to everyone here who has helped me during the past month because I've been completely blonde when it came to filling out some of the questions on the forms that go with the application. I wish everyone else who is going through the process and/or waiting to hear the *very* best of luck. :hug:

H.L.

Guest wanderer

Congrats on you being happier than happy HLass.

Some of the family visas do get worked through promptly and smoothly if people have done all the work and have everything in order which it seems you did on both accounts.

I know of one couple for whom it did seem they were in for an interesting time not too long back, and also in Auckland.

A chap was from Northern Ireland and they were being asked by a [possibly youngish not too experienced and definitely not worldly wise] CO for an Irish Police Clearance.

The CO in question just happened to take a week of work at the same time too.

Anyway, all's well that ends well and with a little nudging on my part they were able to get through to someone more senior in the office who realised where the borders are!

On another most recent contact with someone from the family stream area, I found myself explaining what the CSL was to one who had not heard of it, and that an immi employee!!!!

So you got serviced by a goodun it seems.

Edit And of course, welcome to the land of convicts, plenty under downunder to remind you of what some well before you had for homes.

Guest siamsusie

HappyLass wonderful news am delighted for you, another happy bunny in Tasmania. Best wishes to the pair of you

ss xx

:hug: Thanks :smile:

We unpacked late last night and slept all the way through until just an hour ago. We're both feeling very relieved and relaxed at long last. Now onto the next stage of contacting the tax man here and in England then it's off to look for a job! :) That is after a little break.. I'm not sure I'm ready to look at another form just yet :)

Archived