Social workers heading for gippsland

Guest pauli77

Guest Wigmore1979

Oh bless you, it is so hard to say goodbye, but the adventure will be worth while and with echnology today it is so much easier to stay in contact.

Its the 23rd you fly I believe, well all good things happen in November as it was the month I was born, I will be thinking of you and your family, you must keep us updated via the forum on how things are going.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pauli77

Thanks Caroline, Yeah we go on the 23rd, and it is coming soooooo fast. Ofcourse I will keep you all updated when we arrive as we will all have to meet up for a BBQ and wine!!! Are you coming over in Jan??

Regards

Pauline

Guest mandyvs15

Hope it all goes well! The good-byes are going to be the hardest bit!!! We arrive in Warragul on 4.12.09.... MUST get together for a drink/chat. When do you start work? I'm due to start on 14.12.09.....

Mandy

Guest pauli77

Defo get together. Start on the 7th, wanted a couple of weeks to check out area. Have you got somewhere to live yet?? We have secured a short term, fully furnished rental and move in the day we arrive!!!

Guest superslim09

Good luck with the move pauli77...hope to see you in Oz!

Mandyvs15 , gonna be in Warragul too! Start 18th Jan (i think)

How did you guys find somewhere to stay?

Guest pauli77
Good luck with the move pauli77...hope to see you in Oz!

Mandyvs15 , gonna be in Warragul too! Start 18th Jan (i think)

How did you guys find somewhere to stay?

I drove myself mad looking at houses!! Have you had a look on www.realestateview.com.au this is where found ours. You become a member and can get alerts of new property. You log your interest and when they get back I asked if they had anything to suit. The house we have is a long term but asked if they would consider short term, secured for 8wks.

Hope this helps.

:smile:

Pauline x

Guest mandyvs15

Ace. there are going to be a few of us!!!! Used Domain.au to looke for properties good site-keeps you updated.... Have secured a 12 month rental- taking a chance.... got 3 kids so had to make sure we had somewhere near the school.... A team leader, from the Warragul pffice inspected it on our behalf- references were given by Reed global- not so good on computers-is there an area where we can put our tel no's- would be good to talk...swop info!

Am thinking Christmas and new year will need to have a party organised!

M

Guest pauli77

Hi Mandy,

I am going to be based in Leongatha. I can PM you with my number, will have to be mobile as shipping company coming next week and we will be moving into my mums. Where are you going? When do you go?

Pauline

Guest superslim09

Am gonna b working in Warragul - thanks for the tips on registering, will try domain and real estate.

Can PM you with my email and can send u my mobile number?

Ang

Guest pauli77
Hi all, can I ask if you are all experienced Social Workers in the UK, or are some of you going out with no working experience here?

Hi Paulv,

Going out with 8 years experience, think superslim is right about the 12 months but believe this is at a lower pay rate than if you have 2+ years.

Hi everyone,

I'm a newly qualified Social Worker (6 months ago), currently working in a Children & Families team in Scotland.

My hope is to head to Australia when I have sufficient work experience and was hoping you could tell me how you all went about finding sponsorship for the 457 visa?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Very jealous of you all at the moment :smile:

Guest superslim09

sm79

Got on to website seek.com.au - by accident and saw an advert from McArthur agency.

Can register also with Amicus and Reed Global - Victoria regional vacancies have been advertised every year apparently.

Guest Wigmore1979

Hi,

I am going out with just a few months post qualifying experience, I also went through McArthurs and so far they have been great.

Regards

Caroline

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pauli77

OMG Only 1 night left, can't believe it, I have to say it has been a complete nightmare. We had no idea how much junk we had collected and still have to go to the house tomorrow to take stuff out!!! My dad also tore the tendons from his knee and has been in hospital since Sun, which has meant we have been organising the house as well as visiting as much as poss. Finally had a breakdown in the hospital when they told me he wasn't going to have a new pot on his leg until he Mon...He got the pot done on Fri afternoon!!! and he is home this afty, sure it was the tears. How is everyone feeling??? Any last minute nerves cos I totally have. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Pauline

xxx

Guest jaussie
Hi Pauline,

That's great thankyou. Where abouts in Gippsland will you be living? I have been offered there Morwell office, which looks good as I wanted to find a good school for little one and looks like this will be in Trarlagon (I think that's how you spell it).

This is such a big step, but I think the right one, am getting rather excited at the moment.

Kind Regards

Caroline

Caroline,

LOL - I grew up in Traralgon, spent last 15 years in UK and we are heading back, possibly to Melbourne in January.

You definitely want to live in Traralgon rather than Morwell. I've just been in touch with a few old school friends, and a couple are in social work in Morwell - she said they are screaming out for social workers there.

PM me and I can put you in contact with a few old friends there. My parents still live in Traralgon so I expect to be there a bit too after January. Which school are you looking at and I can ask what it is like for you (My mum was a teacher? )

PM me and I can pass on my contact details.

Guest superslim09

Hiya Pauline,

Good to hear from u b4 u leave - have a gr8 flight - some of the ups and downs test our resolve! I can only just imagine the mixture of excitement and terror, but you will be fine and just think your heading towards the Ozzie summer! whooho!!

I've got a bit of time to go - so pretty chilled at the mo - just trying to pass my driving test!

Take care

Ang

OMG Only 1 night left, can't believe it, I have to say it has been a complete nightmare. We had no idea how much junk we had collected and still have to go to the house tomorrow to take stuff out!!! My dad also tore the tendons from his knee and has been in hospital since Sun, which has meant we have been organising the house as well as visiting as much as poss. Finally had a breakdown in the hospital when they told me he wasn't going to have a new pot on his leg until he Mon...He got the pot done on Fri afternoon!!! and he is home this afty, sure it was the tears. How is everyone feeling??? Any last minute nerves cos I totally have. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Pauline

xxx

Guest mandyvs15

Hi! Have a good flight Pauline... Can't believe it's come round sooooo quickly-OMG!!!!!!! We fly a week on Wed-will pm you with contact details-you can too. Good luck and BREATHE....

Mandy x

Guest pauli77

Thanks guys, totally bricking it, does not feel real!!! Good luck with the driving Ang.

Mandy Hope to see you soon, will keep you all posted

Pauline

xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pauli77

Hi everyone, we have been here a week and havent seen any scary insects yet!!! The town is lovely and I have been into work a few times and they have all been so lovely. They have bent over backwards to make us feel welcome, which they have done.

The weather has been a bit up and down but still warm non the less. So far so good!! Start work on Monday and am looking foward to this, will update soon, hope to hear from you all.

Regards

Pauline:laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi everyone, we have been here a week and havent seen any scary insects yet!!! The town is lovely and I have been into work a few times and they have all been so lovely. They have bent over backwards to make us feel welcome, which they have done.

The weather has been a bit up and down but still warm non the less. So far so good!! Start work on Monday and am looking foward to this, will update soon, hope to hear from you all.

Regards

Pauline:laugh:

Glad to hear you have arrived safely Pauline. Hope you enjoy your first day at work.

Kate:wubclub:

Archived