Priority Processing Groups 1-4..Where are U now?

cartertucker

Hi freebo,

Thanks for your hope. I wish that was my case, but it's been quite a long time already and it's starting to sound suspicious. At least they have to ask me for the police check before granting my visa, as they haven't required it yet .

Believe me, I do empathise! I'm watching my application extremely carefully :twitcy:

Also - I've now frontloaded meds and pcc's

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest17301

Hi all, re the skills matching database....It's well worth registering, I just received an offer for a RSMS (priority !!!) in regional Victoria. That would be great if I wasn't already well settled in Perth, lol. Oh well if you're not on the skills matching database make sure you do it shows they do look at it. If there are any nurses reading this that are interested let me know and I'll send you the contact details.

Guest VickyMel
Happy to be added to this thread; although the whole reason I built aussie timeline was so nobody would need to go though all the work of maintaining threads like these :)

Priority 4, IT - Java, 175 CSL, June 18th Lodgement Date, No CO

Thanks Grant - I agree with others the Aussietimeline is Great

For those interested in taking a look here is Grants thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/65328-new-timeline-monitor-site.html

and the actual web site where all the info is

aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

there are pages where you can select different categories of application and also a page with statistics of how long processing is taking.

I like Kelly and Taz love these threads as well - it is very personal and because people are commenting about what went right and wrong for them you can get an insight into what is going on in slowing or speeding some people up.

Plus there is also a lot of behind the scenes chatter going on between the people on the thread (in private messages where we might discuss things relevant to the applications that we might not want to say in the public forum).

It's sort of as if the thread contains a family of supportive people :cute:

So if you are in the Priority 1-4 category to add your details to this thread you need to fill in the following and post it to this thread and then Kelly will add you to the first page

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now.html#post603606

I see on the first page we now have two visas granted - hurray!

Name:

Type & Date Visa submitted:

Date medicals & P/C's uploaded:

Priority Processing Number (1-4):

Visa Granted:

Additional Info:

Hi all, re the skills matching database....It's well worth registering, I just received an offer for a RSMS (priority !!!) in regional Victoria. That would be great if I wasn't already well settled in Perth, lol. Oh well if you're not on the skills matching database make sure you do it shows they do look at it. If there are any nurses reading this that are interested let me know and I'll send you the contact details.

Hi Fiona,

What is the skills matching database & where can it be found please?.....:unsure:

Guest Sebbers
Hi Fiona,

What is the skills matching database & where can it be found please?.....:unsure:

I'm not sure how where it can be found but I recall when we completed our 175 visa application we completed our details then with the application form and sent it in with the app, I seem to remember it was optional as to whether you wanted to complete it or not.

Jen

Guest VickyMel
Hi Fiona,

It is mentioned as you do your online application - asks if you want to be included. We didn't because we had heard that it is very unlikely to help... but I suppose if you ain't in it you can't be - maybe we should reconsider..?

I think you can still get onto it later again if you don't go on in the beginning

Skill Matching Database (SMD)

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 28. Skill Matching Database

Guest guest17301

Hi Kelly, yes Jen is right it was part of the online application, I wasn't sure what it was but I just ticked the box so to speak. You'll know if you did it as they send you an email almost straight after your submission, ask your agent about it.

Guest guest17301

If I was back in the UK and hadn't secured a job or got an area in mind it would have been great so well worth registering IMO, more likely to get regional offers probably but better than nothing! Must be a day for it, just checked my email and BUPA sent me a msg from a site in the UK I had my CV on years ago asking if I was still looking for work!

Guest VickyMel

I wonder if it is just the main applicant who can apply or whether the partner can as well. My occupation is also on the SOL but OH is the main applicant.

Guest looby1pink

Hi, Im Cat 4 applied 31st May 09 online and my visa was granted today, hope this helps anyone waiting behind..good luck x

Hi, Im Cat 4 applied 31st May 09 online and my visa was granted today, hope this helps anyone waiting behind..good luck x

Thankyou for posting & Many, many Congratulations on your Visa grant.....Great news.....:jiggy:

May I add your details to our front page timeline please? It would be really helpfull for all that are waiting......:yes:

If thats Ok, could you just provide me with your occupation.....Many Thanks....(Oops, just seen you are a nurse!)

Guest sunnyday

I filled it in thinking it makes you look keen, every little helps!! didn't expect to hear anything though, we lodged friday............am excited now in case we get an e-mail??!! will we won't we lol:jiggy:

Guest sunnyday

:yes:

Anyone that is looking at this thread, please do think about posting, as the more people posting, the higher the thread will stay to the top & more people will add their details........

Go on, give it a shameless bump!......

Shameless bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Guest Magnetic6

Lou...Fantastic news! So pleased for you!

Natalie x

Guest guest17301

A little update...

So I saw on another thread that the reuse of medicals ie 457-PR was going to be phased out on the 9th Nov. I though I'd call DIAC to see if they could tell me if mine would be affected (I have meds from my 457 valid till mid Nov) Took me 10 mins to get through and the very nice lady I spoke to said that she thought Drs and nurses were exempt from the changes. All well and good if they look at my file before my meds expire!! I tried to get some indication of processing times from her...she either didn't know or was just being cagey but she said she didn't think that they were on late Sept non sponsored CSL's yet.

Then...I checked my status page after the call (for the 3rd time today) and it says 'application being processed further'!! now I don't want to get excited because I'm thinking does this automatically appear when someone looks at your file? ie after my phone call? Help..it's driving me mad!!:goofy:

Guest alina171

Dear Kelly, could you please update my status?

Finally we received the SS approval from WA!! So can you please change the processing priority from 4 to 2? :biggrin:

Guest ElisaMA
Then...I checked my status page after the call (for the 3rd time today) and it says 'application being processed further'!! now I don't want to get excited because I'm thinking does this automatically appear when someone looks at your file? ie after my phone call? Help..it's driving me mad!!:goofy:

Hi fiona,

I've tried to find out what that messege on the status meant in other treads of this forum, but there are lots of different opinions and experiences. My case is that I got that messege on the 7/09/09 and haven't heard of any case officer. However other people said they were contacted by a CO a week after that appeared. Even some people got the messege removed from the status after a while (non-CSL).

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Good luck!

Guest alina171

Hi Fiona,

I'm quite faimiliar with that situation. After lodging my visa application I called DIAC to inform them on my IELTS results (I'm an accountant), and on the same day I've noticed that my status changed to "application is being processed further".. Now that was about 4 months ago, so I think it appears when they open your file for updates...

Sorry if it's not the kind of reaction you were hoping for...

Guest VickyMel
I am too shamelessly bumping with a question; What is the latest priority 4 you have seen with a CO (which month)?

Hi Tracey

If you check out the details on the front page Kelly has all the people who post their details listed in date order

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now.html#post603606

Plus I did a bit of a condensed update by month on page 6

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now-6.html#post606590

In Priority 4 the thread has 2 people who applied in September and one of these already has their Case Officer - so things are moving swiftly at the moment!

All Priority 4 applicants listed in this thread prior to September (except the one exception) have case officers already.

I wonder if things will slow down as people start supplying their meds and PCCs and COs have to start processing those as well as new applications.

Any Priority 1-4 lurkers on this thread please consider joining - it would be good to see these trends if they happen and only numbers will bring that.

Dear Kelly, could you please update my status?

Finally we received the SS approval from WA!! So can you please change the processing priority from 4 to 2?

Fantastic news, Congratulations, I am truly so pleased for you.....:yes:

I will have pleasure in moving you up 2 places!.....Its like a game of 'snakes & ladders'!....:laugh:

Guest VickyMel

Wow this thread is less than a week old and I have just noticed that 3 people who posted their details are already in purple with their Visas approved. :jiggy:

Congratulations to all you guys (it looks like May was a lucky month to apply).

Fingers crossed for the rest of you I hope you hear soon.

Guest guest17301

I spoke to a friend at work who applied for the 175, she confirmed that DIAC update your file with 'app processed further' every time they look at it if you call them. I think 175/6 will get processed within 3-4 months towards the end of Nov. Or am I just wishful thinking, lol.

Archived