You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAMIEKERRIE

Comparing/reconmending Service Providers!

Guest JAMIEKERRIE

Hi everybody,

I know this thread or simular has (prob) been done a hundread times before, but here goes, anyway!

I've been looking into the various broadband/digital tv/phone/bundle options in Aus on the net and like the UK, seems to be a bit of a minefield...with a few noticable differences...

* There doesn't seem to be the competition there is in the UK offering good value bundle packages, (SKY digital tv/basic broadband/home phone £26 month) about the best I could find was TELSTRA BIGPOND, BUT there is NO discount/cash incentive to have all your services in the one place, JUST free texts/minutes on mobile (hope I am correct in saying this?)

* Broadband seems to be VERY expensive compared to the UK if you want unlimited/fast downloads

* Opus appear to be a nightmare if you want to leave them!

Any comments/reconmmendations?

Guest T in Brisvegas

Hiya

I called telstra when I started to get a bit miffed about how much we were paying for Foxtel, mobiles and home phones. They will do deals if you call and have a bit of a winge! We got broadband for $37 a month as part of a package that includes foxtel $76 a month, mobiles $29 a month and home phone with special overseas rates. it does work out a lot more expensive than the UK but not bad as a bundle.

Guest tinbasher

We use Primus for our home phone and broadband as we get really cheap calls to the UK.

Which is just as well as I stay on for a long while and my hubbie would freak if it was very expensive. You know us ladies we like to have a good old yarn, and I don't mean knitting.

Mrs TinB

Guest T in Brisvegas

The other cheap way my sister and I have of talking to each other is through skype - you can talk pc to pc for free!! I just have to get up early before the boys have commandered the pc's to get a chance!

Guest JAMIEKERRIE
Hiya

I called telstra when I started to get a bit miffed about how much we were paying for Foxtel, mobiles and home phones. They will do deals if you call and have a bit of a winge! We got broadband for $37 a month as part of a package that includes foxtel $76 a month, mobiles $29 a month and home phone with special overseas rates. it does work out a lot more expensive than the UK but not bad as a bundle.

OK, that sounds more promising, but how quick is your broadband/download limit on that price? Checked out AOL Aus earlier, a bit of a minefield, but some of the bundles etc don't seem too bad...

Guest T in Brisvegas

For the price we pay you get 1500/256, you can get faster however supposedly we are slower than Poland and Hungary! All this info from the OH!