Never felt like this before

Guest maccy

Hi All

I've just read from another forum - I won't quote the site's name, but certain people are posting messages with the belief that using an agent whilst applying for visa can create longer waiting times.

Please someone give us reassurance with their experiences. We feel like we're going through one of the worst waiting periods of our lives. Waking up every morning 5am :roll: to check our emails.

We sent off our requested medicals by courier right at the beggining of December (136 applied for early June 05 - job on MODL), is anybody else at a similar stage to us.

Are we a bit premature hoping for a decision before Chrimbo.

Just wanna live the dream. :?: :?:

Waiting is a nightmare I know and we only had to wait for the 457 before coming here, now we are waiting for the PR but it is much easier this end. I would take what people say with a pinch of salt, unfortunately waiting is part of the game (often a large part) and you need to keep with it. Your agent should be able to tell you how it is going and yes there will be times where agents delay things through mistakes but there are also many people who apply directly and fail and only finally get through with an agent. They know their business in general and are a great asset.

We did the 457 visa with the work but they employed an agent to do the PR to ensure that it is done properly and quickly. We are currently waiting for the VETTASSS assessment to come back (it is late :( ) then the application is put in. So given the fact that everything closes down over Christmas we are expecting a long wait.

Keep with it and try to enjoy your Christmas as you will have so much to do once the visa comes through and you may regret wasting your last Christmas in the UK.

Nicky.

Hi Nicky

Many thanks for the comforting words of wisdom. I think your right about enjoying the possibility of our last christmas here.

Have a good christmas yourselves :D and again many thanks

Regards

Glen

Hi Nicky

Many thanks for the comforting words of wisdom. I think your right about enjoying the possibility of our last christmas here.

Have a good christmas yourselves :D and again many thanks

Regards

Glen

No problem it is much easier have a more relaxed perspective about it all when you are here I know. I dread to think what Ian's company must have thought about me as I got really stressed waiting for our visa to get sorted. In the end it wasn't really that bad and as we plan to stay here for good it was time well spent. Good luck with it all.

Have a good Christmas

Nicky

• 2 weeks later...

Yes waiting is the toughest bit of all of it. I didn't dare believe it would really happen until we got a call from our agent. Just the sound of her voice made me feel ill waiting for her to say sorry there has been a problem! But your day will come and you will get great news no doubt. When you do you may scream like a girl I recall skipping and leaping round the lounge!! I squeezed the kids till they were nearly blue!! Just keep positive try not to let drag the rest of your day down when there is no news. Hope your christmas was a a good one

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

Many thanks for the comforting assurance. Still hav'nt heard anything yet but no doubt it won't be too long now.

From Glen, Debbie & the nippers :D

Archived