457 issues

Guest yindavies

Guest yindavies

hi

I`ve just received my nomination number from my employer for my 457 visa. My employer has put visa date for 1st June 2010 but I was hoping to get out there before that. Will the visa department process it earlier if possible or do they stick to the given date by the employer?

Regards

Kerrie

im not 100% how it works but i came out 4weeks before i started work. that was the max time alowed by my sponser as ultimately they are responsible for me.

If u want to come out a good time before visa then wouldd you be able to get out on a holiday visa?

if ive heard right with the visas then your 457 wont be issued/granted until 4 weeks before your start date, so that may change things.

you could always contact the sponser and have things changed???

sorry i cant help more

Hiya, my employer put the start date 01.11.09 and I applied for the visa in July hoping it would only take a matter of weeks (so that I could then sort flights accommodation asap etc). I was informed that the DIAC would not grant the visa until 4 weeks before the nominated start date, however my employment agent said that if I really wanted the visa before this date, the date could be changed, all it would take is for your employer to write to the DIAC stating the new proposed start date, however it would mean I would have to start work sooner! if you were hoping to come to Oz and not work for longer than 4 weeks before your start date, then you would prob have to go down the working holiday/holiday visa route?!

Guest yindavies

thanks for the information, its been really helpful. I think I will ask employer for an earlier start date as was hoping to be out there Feb/March for the kids schooling.

Kerrie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yindavies

I have received my nomination for my 457 and am in the process of completing visa application and had a thought. If successful and move out next year I will be 46 so the time I commence PR application I could be going on for 48 plus, will that affect me getting PR visa as 45 is the cut of age when applying independently from this country? Hope this makes sense, but I don`t want to make the move on a 457 and then find we have to move back in four years time.

Thanks

Yindavies

If your employer sponsors you for PR, they can make an Age Exception Statement if you are over 45. This means that they have to prove that they need you and your skills and experience are necessary to their organisation. A bit iffy maybe - won't your future employer sponsor you under ENS as you get PR straight away.... or RSMS if it is a rural region of Australia.

Hard call for you - so get all the facts before you make the decision.

Archived