5 weeks in Perth from 'worried' of Blackburn!!

Guest snoo

Just a quickie....to tell you all that we've been here 5wk....and it's just been a whirlwind of fantastic happenings!

I was going round the bend with worry before we came...but we both have found great jobs (really good pay too!) and we have somehow got our daughter into a good school. The babies....I mean dogs...are out of quarantine and LOVING it!

We have also seen a MASSIVE redback (in pool filter!!) and a dugite....very exciting, just a shark to tick off the list...as long as I'm NOT in the water when I see it, thanks!!

I will do a long, detailed post soon!

Lisa,xx

Guest kyeandgem

Hi,

good to hear someone is doing ok with all the bad news you hear on POI, how was finding a job in perth? I only ask cos me and the wife will be out their next year hopefully, wat are your jobs if u dont mind me asking?

thanks

Kye

Absolutely, ask away!

I am 'the dreaded' property inspector! Although I'm going to ask about maybe changing that title to 'nice lady who just needs a quick look around'. I have absolutely NO IDEA how I got the job...first one I applied for too!

Paul is a production manager for a sign company, second job he applied for. Got to say, don't bother applying from UK unless you are on the demand list. What do you do?

Lisa,x

Hi,

good to hear someone is doing ok with all the bad news you hear on POI, how was finding a job in perth? I only ask cos me and the wife will be out their next year hopefully, wat are your jobs if u dont mind me asking?

thanks

Kye

Guest kyeandgem
Absolutely, ask away!

I am 'the dreaded' property inspector! Although I'm going to ask about maybe changing that title to 'nice lady who just needs a quick look around'. I have absolutely NO IDEA how I got the job...first one I applied for too!

Paul is a production manager for a sign company, second job he applied for. Got to say, don't bother applying from UK unless you are on the demand list. What do you do?

Lisa,x

Thanks for the info,

I am a telecoms project manager and Gemma is a nurse, hoping one of us will get a job before we go over, more for the peace of mind than anything else, not sure I could do the thing where you go over and just hope to find something (a bit scary) admire those that do though.

Guilty as charged sir! Although I think I've been employed because I AM nice and I do have a family and dogs....so no, you won't 'get done' for having normal mess from me!!

xx

REALLy, REALLY SCARY....but you should have no problem! We expected to be out of work for a few months...6 even. but there seems to be plenty of work....well for us anyway! We are so lucky.

x

Thanks for the info,

I am a telecoms project manager and Gemma is a nurse, hoping one of us will get a job before we go over, more for the peace of mind than anything else, not sure I could do the thing where you go over and just hope to find something (a bit scary) admire those that do though.

Guilty as charged sir! Although I think I've been employed because I AM nice and I do have a family and dogs....so no, you won't 'get done' for having normal mess from me!!

xx

It doesnt matter if you are mother theresa duck , I bet you are lovely , but its your job to screw every ounce of bond you can get , hope its not the top screwers Peards lol

Mally

THink y are anice person , would you charge 360 bucks for a diner plate red wine stain

What's diner plate red wine stain? A stain on a plate? well no, you would have an option of buying a new plate if that was the case. No screwing anyone as far as I'm concerned...and no. not Peards. I've already told the company that I'm not a bitch and that I work on keeping people happy! Sounds like you've been stung? Anyway, change the subject....we are loving it here in Perth!

xxxxxx

It doesnt matter if you are mother theresa duck , I bet you are lovely , but its your job to screw every ounce of bond you can get , hope its not the top screwers Peards lol

Mally

THink y are anice person , would you charge 360 bucks for a diner plate red wine stain

Guest shawgorbys
What's diner plate red wine stain? A stain on a plate? well no, you would have an option of buying a new plate if that was the case. No screwing anyone as far as I'm concerned...and no. not Peards. I've already told the company that I'm not a bitch and that I work on keeping people happy! Sounds like you've been stung? Anyway, change the subject....we are loving it here in Perth!

xxxxxx

ahh great thread nice to read someone is in perth and having a good time so glad your all happy and safe and have both got a job cant wait to hear the rest of your new adventure down under and im sure perth is better than Blackburn so take care andrea,gary,jack,tom,from shaw nr oldham xxxx:hug::chatterbox:

Cheers Guys! I will do a 'proper' post with all of the 'journey' in detail soon, but we just feel like it's all slotting into place nicely and all of the worry (and believe me I was worried sick, what with only $35000 and no jobs!!) seems daft now!

How is Oldham at the mo? We have friends there and Paul worked at Holmes' wallpaper for a few yrs!

Lisa,xx

Really pleased everything is coming together for you Lisa, you are giving the rest of us hope who are coming out next year......keep the info coming it's great to hear...

Louise xx

Really lovely post, thanks for letting us know how your getting on....:yes:

Would love to hear more about life in WA when you get time

Cant wait for me & my family to get over there.....Just need our visas now....Please! :notworthy:

Do please let me know if you hear of any roofing companies that may like to sponser a highly skilled roofer ;0)

Guest hazeotoole

Well done you! Delighted I am in same boat now worried sick about finding work as we didnt sell house not going with much and will be staying with family until we find work so just want to get on our feet asap and get our own place to settle into some sort of normality again. We leave in 4 weeks today am excited but worried too, although seems from what people are saying that there is a good bit of work around, hubbie is a chef and I am administrator/accounts assistant so hope to find something fairly quick!

Best of Luck and look forward to reading your next "long" post!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the update, it looks like you are getting friendly with the locals (looking at your avatar)

Kate

Hi Martin,

Paul has had his second day as Production Manager of a sign making company and he is finding it ok, a challenge, but fine! Not much else to tell you really, pm me if you want any personal info on the job.

Lisa,x

Hi snoo

read your post and was interested to her pauls job. i am being sponsored to come over as a production manager in a sign company. how is he finding it.

cheers

martin

I do remember seeing quite a few job advertisments in The West for 'Chefs wanted' last wknd! I think you'll be fine, I really do! And at least you have family to help!

I think that being persistent when applying for jobs is key. I'm sure that I got my job because I found out the Manager's email address and emailed her my details(it was only a mobile phone number in the advert) and followed up the interview with a letter thanking her for her time. We also had our CV's re-formatted into the Aussie style of resumes, best £170 spent!

Good luck.... where do your family live?

Lisa,xx

Well done you! Delighted I am in same boat now worried sick about finding work as we didnt sell house not going with much and will be staying with family until we find work so just want to get on our feet asap and get our own place to settle into some sort of normality again. We leave in 4 weeks today am excited but worried too, although seems from what people are saying that there is a good bit of work around, hubbie is a chef and I am administrator/accounts assistant so hope to find something fairly quick!

Best of Luck and look forward to reading your next "long" post!

Hi Hazel,

Not long now, you lucky thing. When I worked in Perth, I temped mainly for a company called Bell Personnel on St Georges Terrace, and they are still there. Kept me in constant work. I was also registered with Kelly Services in Perth and Sydney. Have a look at their website.

I say I temped. The contracts I got where 3 months here, 6 weeks there which was great. The last one I got, was for 18 months.

Cheers Caz

Archived