Air Con Engineer getting 457 sponsorship, how easy is it?

toddsim

Hi I am air con engineer looking for employer sponsorship, How easy is it to get it......

I have sent lots of job applications asking if employers and agency's would be interested in sponsoring me. But no joy with any.....

Makes me think I have more chance of getting this weeks winning lottery numbers in advance....

Any help would be appreciated.:no:

Hi, Unfortunately things are a little tough here for tradies at the moment, when we first arrived here in December 2008 there were lots of jobs in the papers for Air Con Engineers but by March time they seemed to have fizzled out.

OH is in the same trade as you and desperate to get out of his place of work at the moment but it is real hard without his Licences, which is probably why you are not getting any replies as they really do you want you to have the Restricted Electrical Licence to work and the ARCTIC, he only has the trainee arctic at the moment as he has had to go back to TAFE here, although it is only part-time.

What part of Australia are you looking to go to? If we so see any sponsorships available, we shall PM them to you.

Don't give up!! and wishing you Success !:cool:

p.s. I just thought of somewhere in Darwin that were looking for people, not sure if they were sponsoring though, if your interested ile try and find the number

Hi there, We was looking for Perth, But we are considering anywhere at the moment. so things are bad there at the mo....same as the UK then!

BTW what is the TAFE? not heard about that one.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Simon

Hiya Simon, Yes it is really although with the warmer weather coming soon the fridge and air/con companies could be busier, fingers crossed.

TAFE is basically college, when you come here you may need to apply to the TAFE. All I can say to you is bring every certificate you have and references etc.... even your gas handling one, as it ticks boxes of quicker to get you on the road quicker.

I did have the Darwin number in my mobile but i've deleted it, if your interested pm me and ile ask Daren if he can remember the name of the Company (as his asleep on the sofa lol).

Good Luck Kim

Simon,

the main reason you wont get replies is once here you must go back to Tafe (College) to gain the Australian licensing in your field of work this can depend on your experience in work Area.

you wont get a license without attending Tafe for XXX amount of time then exams, then you get the license if you intend to work for your self you must then have insurance, you don't get that unless you produce the Air Con license, there are many different types of license for Air Con, some have a limit to 18Kw a person who has been working in the game for years should get a full license meaning in winter time you can do servicing as well as installs.

Hey Arthur, Hmmmm interesting. Is there any way of working whilst attending TAFE, similar to attending day release or evening courses like in the UK.

Even is there a way this can be obtained offshore....

I guess I am surmizing?

Regards

Si

Archived