and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Thursday Sermon

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Bishop And The Ass

A village vicar wanted to raise money for his church and on being told that there was a fortune in horse racing, decided to purchase a horse and enter it in the races. However, at the local auction, the going price for horses was so high that he ended up buying a donkey instead. He figured that since he had it, he might as well go ahead and enter it in the races. To his surprise, the donkey came in third!

The next day the local paper carried this headline: VICARS ASS SHOWS. The Vicar was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again, and this time it won. The paper read: VICARS ASS OUT IN FRONT.

The local Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the Vicar not to enter the donkey in another race. The paper headline read: BISHOP SCRATCHES VICAR'S ASS.

This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the Vicar to get rid of the donkey. The Vicar decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent. The paper headline the next day read: NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN. The Bishop fainted. When he came around he informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for ten pounds

The next day the headline read: NUN SELLS ASS FOR A TENNER!. This was too much for the Bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the donkey, lead it to the plains, and let it go. Next day, the headline in the paper read: NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.

The Bishop was buried the next day. :swoon:

Guest wardy

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no is that true :twitcy:

Kaye :jiggy:

Guest kelly

thats a good one, made mw chuckle, any news on your meds yet vic, todays the day isnt it

kelly

Guest Vicar of Dibley

nO NEWS YET i'M AFRAID..........Just waiting for the phone to ring....!

Guest kelly

you will be fine, im sure of it, the phone dont ring when your staring at it though vic, keep busy and it will i promise.

kelly

Guest tinbasher

Another good one Vic, can I just say that as a member of your congregation I never fall asleep during your sermons.

:SLEEP: Mrs TinB:) Wide awake and loving the weekly sermons.

Guest bshootz

Oh yes, sooooooo funny, just spat coffee all over me damn computer keypad:biglaugh: :wacko: .

Beckyx:jiggy: :rofl: